(copy and past)
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email.org/app/controllers/"
    should be:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/
    late and did not see the mistake
    to past. hold down "ctrl + v"
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

This looks really sharp. Excellent work fellas.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Wow, great stuff. Do you have the >=10 worked out? You need to have more checks:

you have icons from 0 to 20 and a 20+

if (count > 21) {count = 21;}
    icon_name is then something like
    (count<10) ? ("0"+count) : count
    After running the original patch a while now I can safely report that ever since applied I do not get any kind of alarm for new mails arriving. Neither sound nor vibration for any of my three mail accounts. I double checked all settings, they´re all correct. Still, no alarm goes off when I receive new emails. Can anyone confirm this?
    Now, when you say it, I must admit you migt be right, check this tonight.
    I can concur the no sound notifications. The dashboard notification shows but no sound.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I'm happy to report that I have finally successfully restored my stock email files. I was browsing for the files instead of dragging and dropping them into the box, well this morning after Warlords post designating the drag & drop method I decided to give that a try and it went like a breeze with no errors.

I think I will wait on a fix for the sound notifications before I install the patch again. Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you again to mamouton and warlord for their patience and expertise last night when I was trying to fix my issues. You guys Rock!
    Metaview, I think I found a bug. I currently have 5 unread e-mails (the icon correctly reads 5 - i.e. uses email_icon_5.png). When I get a new e-mail the icon changes to 1 (switches to email_icon_1.png). When I load the e-mail app, it then correctly registers that there are 6 unread e-mails (icon changes to 6). Have you or anyone else noticed this?

I should mention that I am using the modified version of the patch that Mamouton posted that works up to 20+ unread e-mails.
    It lose track of the amount of unread emails sometimes. Think I need to switch to a cookie for storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    I'm happy to report that I have finally successfully restored my stock email files. I was browsing for the files instead of dragging and dropping them into the box, well this morning after Warlords post designating the drag & drop method I decided to give that a try and it went like a breeze with no errors.

I think I will wait on a fix for the sound notifications before I install the patch again. Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you again to mamouton and warlord for their patience and expertise last night when I was trying to fix my issues. You guys Rock!
    So glad you got it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    After running the original patch a while now I can safely report that ever since applied I do not get any kind of alarm for new mails arriving. Neither sound nor vibration for any of my three mail accounts. I double checked all settings, they´re all correct. Still, no alarm goes off when I receive new emails. Can anyone confirm this?
    I don't have this problem. Mine seems to work fine. Do you have your email notifications set to ON?
    Yes, notifications are set to on for all three inboxes and the according ringtones are also set.
    I get the email notification at the bottom but the sound/ringtone is not working.
    I did notice that, the phone won't sound off an alert.

Also, when you have two email accounts, which one does it feed off of? The default account? or both? Is the count actually combining the two? I haven't tested this yet, but can anyone who has more than one email account provide a report on this?
    Depending on the account you are in it will show the unread messages for all accounts initially but as you go to different accounts it shows the number of unread messages for each respective account. if you close out the app in an email account it will then update that account. Love that ability cant wait until sound notifications are working.
    @metaview any chance of getting this patch updated to play the ringtones? Loved the functionality but I also want to be able to hear my email notifcations. Great Patch!!
    yes, yes, sound will come back,just need to find the time to look at it. As I have to get up for work now, I will going to fix it in 12 hours.
    off topic I really want to come to Germany to drive on that Autobahn.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    off topic I really want to come to Germany to drive on that Autobahn.
    What kind of car would you drive?

my 740 sitting in the garage something about it makes it just want to see how fast it goes.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast