Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I didn't think this would be an issue haha, but good thinking. I'll update the .zip on Tuesday to be compatible.

Whatca think of the icons though?
    The issue is this: If someone only uses your .zip, systemui.css won't be able to find certain icons since your zip doesn't contain all of them.

It's not really a problem though. This patch changes where systemui.css looks for all the wifi, rssi, and bluetooth icons. As long as people put the contents of my .zip in the folder first, they won't have any 'vanishing icons' issues. Once all the files are there, they can then put the contents of your .zip in there and replace the default icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I added a modified patch to the first post that uses the ".customize" folder. It's the Version 2 patch
    Great, I'll switch to use this new version. I'm not sure if you altered the patch so people can name the folder as 'customize' or '.customize', then you won't have to worry about which version of the patch you are using.

It will be easier to maintain as well, should you need to make changes or updates, then you would only have to modify one patch instead of different flavors.

When I originally tried it, because of what someone else wrote, I has assumed that we were able to use the '.customize' named folder.

I think someone wanted it so it would not show up when searching for photos and I actually think they are correct.`

Also as a furture suggestion: Don't name the folder 'customize', people will forget what it is for. Name it something that is refective of what its for, example: 'colored-radio-icons'. OK, maybe something a little shorter or better. LOL!

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I didn't think this would be an issue haha, but good thinking. I'll update the .zip on Tuesday to be compatible.

Whatca think of the icons though?
    I thought the colors were intuitive, thanks for making it.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Great, I'll switch to use this new version. I'm not sure if you altered the patch so people can name the folder as 'customize' or '.customize', then you won't have to worry about which version of the patch you are using.

It will be easier to maintain as well, should you need to make changes or updates, then you would only have to modify one patch instead of different flavors.

When I originally tried it, because of what someone else wrote, I has assumed that we were able to use the '.customize' named folder.

I think someone wanted it so it would not show up when searching for photos and I actually think they are correct.`

Also as a furture suggestion: Don't name the folder 'customize', people will forget what it is for. Name it something that is refective of what its for, example: 'colored-radio-icons'. OK, maybe something a little shorter or better. LOL!

Thanks again!

Rob
    Thanks for the tips!

Should I name the folder "Garrett92CsFolderForCustomImages"? People would always remember what it's for then
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I thought the colors were intuitive, thanks for making it.
    Agreed. I like Abyssul's icons more then the ones I made
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I just checked out that Colored UI.zip. It doesn't contain all the icons needed. When systemui.css calls for certain icons, it will look in the "customize" folder. It won't find certain ones since they aren't there, so it will display nothing. For example, if you turn on Bluetooth, no icons will show.

Don't worry though, it's an easy fix. Download the zip file I attached to the first post. Put the contents into the "customize" folder on your USB drive. Since it will contain some of the same file names as Colored Ui.zip, your PC will ask you if you want to overwrite those files. Click "No" or "Don't Replace".

This will put all the required icons in the customize folder and you will still have the colored ones you already put in there. You will not have the 'vanishing icons' issue anymore.
    Ha! was missing the rssi-0 file. Fixed now, thanks!

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  7.    #47  
    Ha! was missing the rssi-0 file. Fixed now, thanks!
    If you only put the contents of Colored UI.zip in "customize", you're also missing the bluetooth icons The .zip I attached in the first post has all the stock icons you need for this patch. So, if you have a problem with missing icons again, check Stock-Top-Bar-Icons.zip for them.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Also was missing wifi-0 file as well. BTW, thanks for the BLUE bluetooth icon. Kinda seems silly Palm didn't think of that.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Palm wanted the top of the system bar to be consistent and frankly I'm sticking to the default colors since that's what suits me.

Garrett92C, I can just fix my zio but including the stock icons I didn't modify with my zip. Plus I'll make a colored bluetooth icon as well for kicks.
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    What about the 1x and EV icons? Does this patch work for those as well?

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  11.    #51  
    I can make one if you'd like... I think I should start a new thread for it though since three versions of a patch in the same thread sems a bit crowded What do you think?

--edit
    Would a patch just for 1X and EV work? Or should I include the rssi, wifi, bluetoth, 1X, and EV in a single patch? Actually, that does sound easier to maintain. I'll post in very shortly.
  12.    #52  
    Palm wanted the top of the system bar to be consistent and frankly I'm sticking to the default colors since that's what suits me.

Garrett92C, I can just fix my zio but including the stock icons I didn't modify with my zip. Plus I'll make a colored bluetooth icon as well for kicks.
    Awesome. Glad to see you helping people out
  13.    #53  
    Ok, got my new patch set up. Let me test it on my Pre first before I release it This new patch will pretty much make this one obsolete... Much more options.
    Thanks for the tips!

Should I name the folder "Garrett92CsFolderForCustomImages"? People would always remember what it's for then

OK, that's clear enough, but just maybe you can make it a tad longer?

Example: 'Garrett92CsFolderForCustomImageswhichmakeyourlifeatadmorecolorful'

LOL!

Just not customize!

Rob <grin>
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK, that's clear enough, but just maybe you can make it a tad longer?

Example: 'Garrett92CsFolderForCustomImageswhichmakeyourlifeatadmorecolorful'

LOL!

Just not customize!

Rob <grin>
    Hey, guess what? I used "customize" again! But now it's ".customize" so it hides the icons from the Photos app... I'm just kidding though. 2sslow let me name the folder ".scrims" so it would be easier for people why use both of our patches

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-mod-tool.html

Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/17/2010 at 09:53 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123