Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    just curious, but why not just create themes with these files included? Or anyone that downloads the pic files can just create a theme with these files replaced. IMO, this is much cleaner than altering a few files or the direction path for a system file.. Just a thought though, the bulk download with all of the colors is a great idea!
    Because themes are BAD! lol j/k not really.

You can only have 1 theme at a time so by making this a theme you limit yourself to just these modifications and no others.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2.    #22  
    Ok, I think I got it figured out. I'll let you know when I upload the updated patch
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You can only have 1 theme at a time so by making this a theme you limit yourself to just these modifications and no others.
    Exactly I don't use themes... I use a collection of patches I made for myself to change how my phone looks.
  4.    #24  
    Ok, it's fixed. Sorry about the previous issues
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Hey Garrett,
    The patch didn't work for me so I had a buddy who's a linux guru look at it. He said you left out the . before customize in your paths.

Here is the patch as he fixed it. It works for me now.

rssi-wifi-bt-icons.patch
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Hey Garrett,
    The patch didn't work for me so I had a buddy who's a linux guru look at it. He said you left out the . before customize in your paths.

Here is the patch as he fixed it. It works for me now.

rssi-wifi-bt-icons.patch
    Didn't I change the first post to get rid of the "."? Oops lol

I decided not to use ".customize" because Windows won't let you make a folder starting with a ".". The patch I have attached to the first post is correct now

Thanks anyway for the help
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Didn't I change the first post to get rid of the "."? Oops lol

I decided not to use ".customize" because Windows won't let you make a folder starting with a ".". The patch I have attached to the first post is correct now

Thanks anyway for the help
    Here is what the guru did for me.
    You can create folder .customize through the linux command line in WebOS QI.
    Code:
    mkdir /media/internal/.customize
    I must have caught it between edits... I don't think anyone wants to see those icons in the picture rolls though.
    hey garrett...thanks a million for hooking these up in a patch. i 'thanked' you in the first post....lol...

i went through and changed all the .png's on my phone cuz im not patch-intelligent when it comes to making em..but i knew others that wanted to do this wouldn't wanna go that route.

thanks again dude!
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
    ok having a bit of trouble.

I created the folder customize (although, I took the suggestion and created a folder named '.customize' to make it hidden).

I put the stock icons in that folder.

I then applied the rssi.patch

I did a full reboot.

It came up using the default icons.

I think went into the .customize folder and deleted the stock icons and put in the modified colored icons.

I then did a full reboot again.

I now have no icons?

Funny, when I manually did this it all worked.

So what am I doing wrong?

Rob

UPDATE: I put the folder back to just 'customize', I guess that hidden folder option is not working just yet.
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 05/15/2010 at 09:07 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10.    #30  
    Rob, it sounds like your modified icons aren't named correctly. If it was working using the patch and the stock icons, then it should work with modified icons if they are named right.

Which are you using? They should be named as this:
    rssi-0.png
    rssi-1.png
    rssi-2.png
    rssi-3.png
    rssi-4.png
    rssi-5.png
    rssi-error.png

wifi-0.png
    wifi-1.png
    wifi-2.png
    wifi-3.png
    wifi-connecting.png

bluetooth-off.png
    bluetooth-on.png
    bluetooth-connected.png
    (I'm honestly not too sure of the bluetooth file names lol )

Also, the patch attached to the first post isn't set up to use hidden "customize" folder (.customize). It's set up to use "customize" (notice that it doesn't have a period in front of it)

I hope this helps you figure out your issue. If not, let me know
  11.    #31  
    Rob, I just typed that whole last post on my Pre only to come back and find you fixed your problem already. Oh well

I'm glad you got it working
    I can make a second version of the patch to use ".customize" if you would like
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    UPDATE: I put the folder back to just 'customize', I guess that hidden folder option is not working just yet.
    I added a modified patch to the first post that uses the ".customize" folder. It's the Version 2 patch
    Because themes are BAD! lol j/k not really.

I know how you feel, and this brings me to my point, I love all of the other themes out there, but I ran into the same thing that you are talking about, you leave yourself open to the authors discretion on which files they do update. Some authors out there have taken requests for their themes, and some have forum threads for their themes so users can give feedback on their opinions.

What some might not know is that its is pretty easy to create a theme (thus the reason why you see a new theme every 5 minutes) I have created a few themes in the past that I was happy with, but found that I went back to using someones theme and just changing my wallpaper. But this brought me back to the main reason why it bites to use someone elses theme..

I now have my own theme that anyone can use, but I update to my preferences. I think almost 50 ppl have started to use it too, not many, but some.. I am a hockey fan, and being from the Bay Area in CA, I naturally have been a SJ Sharks fan since they built HP Pavilion downtown.
    I have 2 major problems w/ themes.
    1) patches in themes
    2) too easy to screw up and intsall over the theme and have to dr to get back to orig.

The one thing I do like is the ability to change the icons which scrimming cant do.

If you create your own theme and only install via WOSQI there is less chance of screwing up.

I have created my own themes in the past and they worked fine, I now just use the multi-scrim I wrote to change multiple b/grounds.
    As a matter of fact some themers are now incorporating my multi-scrim into their themes to give more b/ground options.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

15. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Got a problem, sometimes the rssi icons are completely gone. I think it's when roaming or losing signal. Red, orange, yellow and green all work fine, just sometimes there's nothing there.

Installed the patch (latest from yesterday) with WebOSQI, created "customize" folder on usb drive, saved all files from Colored UI.zip file in post #10 to that folder, rebooted Pre.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Got a problem, sometimes the rssi icons are completely gone. I think it's when roaming or losing signal. Red, orange, yellow and green all work fine, just sometimes there's nothing there.

Installed the patch (latest from yesterday) with WebOSQI, created "customize" folder on usb drive, saved all files from Colored UI.zip file in post #10 to that folder, rebooted Pre.
    I just checked out that Colored UI.zip. It doesn't contain all the icons needed. When systemui.css calls for certain icons, it will look in the "customize" folder. It won't find certain ones since they aren't there, so it will display nothing. For example, if you turn on Bluetooth, no icons will show.

Don't worry though, it's an easy fix. Download the zip file I attached to the first post. Put the contents into the "customize" folder on your USB drive. Since it will contain some of the same file names as Colored Ui.zip, your PC will ask you if you want to overwrite those files. Click "No" or "Don't Replace".

This will put all the required icons in the customize folder and you will still have the colored ones you already put in there. You will not have the 'vanishing icons' issue anymore.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/15/2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Not trying to step on garretts toes here but for those of you having issues with this, Try mine just to see if you are still having issues.

This patch does not have the bt in it.

Place your icons in the scrims folder as with all of my patches.

This is just to see what the issue is w/ garretts patch.

Please post back w/ results!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Follow the link below.

18.    #38  
    Not trying to step on garretts toes here but for those of you having issues with this, Try mine just to see if you are still having issues.

This patch does not have the bt in it.

Place your icons in the scrims folder as with all of my patches.

This is just to see what the issue is w/ garretts patch.

Please post back w/ results!
    I didn't even know you made a patch similar to mine. I shouldve assumed you did since it's such a basic patch idea lol
    Yeah like I said earlier I didnt want to have to post the originals w/ the whole copywright thing.

Plus maintaining some of these patches is a real Pain so I dont post all of the patches ive created.

Ill remove mine if you want, I dont really care I m just trying to help figure out why the issues ya know!

Lmk!

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Don't worry though, it's an easy fix. Download the zip file I attached to the first post. Put the contents into the "customize" folder on your USB drive. Since it will contain some of the same file names as Colored Ui.zip, your PC will ask you if you want to overwrite those files. Click "No" or "Don't Replace".
    I didn't think this would be an issue haha, but good thinking. I'll update the .zip on Tuesday to be compatible.

Whatca think of the icons though?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast