1.    #1  
    I know there have been a lot of requests to completely bypass the lock screen and a couple industrious patchers were going to attempt it, but they haven't materialized. Would it be possible to simply change the unlocking method from dragging the lock icon to just tapping it instead?
    FYI with 1.4.1 an up swipe gesture will unlock too, so you don't have to slide lock up...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  3.    #3  
    FYI with 1.4.1 an up swipe gesture will unlock too, so you don't have to slide lock up...
    Doesn't seem to work on mine. I still have to swipe the lock icon upward in order to unlock my Pre. Maybe it's part of the Verizon 1.4.1.1 and not on Sprint?
    tired to get this so many times. just want to hit the power button and be done. NO LOCK
    i'm on sprint, can just swipe up from button just like bringing up launcher...do you have advanced gestures turned on?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6.    #6  
    i'm on sprint, can just swipe up from button just like bringing up launcher...do you have advanced gestures turned on?
    Yes I can swipe up over top of the lock icon and it will unlock. I thought you meant I could gesture up from anywhere on the gesture area to unlock.

tired to get this so many times. just want to hit the power button and be done. NO LOCK
    I know just how you feel, man. I'm a Seidio holster user, no need whatsoever for the lock screen period. Gets mighty annoying having to hit power, slide to unlock over and over when I'm having an SMS conversation. I figured at least tapping would make it slightly faster.
    I'm on Verizon and have Advanced Gestures turned on. I still need to hit the Power button and drag the lock up the screen to unlock.

Are you saying that on Sprint there is a faster way?
  8.    #8  
    No there really isn't a faster way, though you can swipe upward from the gesture area in the vicinity of the lock icon and it will unlock. Slight difference but still requires a bit of precision to unlock.
    yes on sprint you can use an "up" gesture to unlock screen, just swipe up on the gesture area and screen unlocks....
    Yea, ok. I tell you what I hate though. I will hit the Power button sometimes and the screen doesn't light up right away. So I hit it again and it powers down my phone. Very irritating. That's why I was hoping there would be an easier way to unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Yes I can swipe up over top of the lock icon and it will unlock. I thought you meant I could gesture up from anywhere on the gesture area to unlock.

that is what i meant
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Yea, ok. I tell you what I hate though. I will hit the Power button sometimes and the screen doesn't light up right away. So I hit it again and it powers down my phone. Very irritating. That's why I was hoping there would be an easier way to unlock.
    Yeah. That's nothing to do with the unlock method. That's the "random luna restart" everybody has been complaining about since 1.4 came out. It most often (in fact ONLY in my case) happens when "waking" the phone. Nobody has found a cure yet.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Yeah. That's nothing to do with the unlock method. That's the "random luna restart" everybody has been complaining about since 1.4 came out. It most often (in fact ONLY in my case) happens when "waking" the phone. Nobody has found a cure yet.

xtn
    i have found that if it doesn't wake after power button, just open slider and wait a sec or 2, sometimes works....
  14.    #14  
    I'm poking around in the 1.4.1.1 ROM trying to locate the lock screen but it's evading me so far.. my patching skills are obviously lacking If anyone knows where the files are located in the image and can point me in the right direction, I will see if I can figure out at least how to change it from a swipe to a tap to make it slightly easier to unlock.
  15.    #15  
    If there's anyone out there with some working webOS knowledge that can give me a nudge in the right direction ... I've found some code that seems to have something to do with the lock screen, I've tried fiddling around with it and installing it as a patch but it seems to have no effect on anything. The file I'm playing with is :

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.findapps\weave\services\systemmanager.jsjsjs

There's a portion of the code that reads :

if (PalmSystem.version.match("desktop"))
    {
    // Simulator is always unlocked
    }

Which seems to indicate that if the OS is running on the emulator, it's always unlocked. I tried adding an ! to the if statement to reverse it's effect and make it so that if the OS was running on anything but a desktop it would always be unlocked but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?
  16.    #16  
    Sorry guys I've tried about everything I can figure out with this file. Still can't get it to work. I'll keep poking around but it doesn't look like altering the systemmanager.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $having$ $any$ $effect$.
    If that bit of code:

{
    }

is all that is included (you haven't trimmed it somewhere) then you'll have to find the instance where it finds a version.match() to something other than desktop, and not/clear that logic out. Otherwise, what is located in the if statement anyway?

I would imagine a full search for version.match( might find something worthwhile, but it may just be the login screen is purposefully hidden to prevent security breaches.
  18.    #18  
    Hi Alex,

Here is the full contents of the file including that if statement :

Weave.Services.SystemManager =
    {
    _target: 'palm://com.palm.systemmanager',
    _unlockcount: 1,

_startup: function()
    {
    {
    }
    else
    {
    var self = this;
    var first = true;
    this._getstatusreq = Weave.Services.request(this._target,
    {
    method: 'getLockStatus',
    parameters:
    {
    subscribe: true
    },
    },
    function(response)
    {
    if (!first)
    {
    self._unlockcount++;
    }
    first = false;
    });
    }
    },

hasScreenLocked: function(state, callback)
    {
    if (!this._getstatusreq)
    {
    //this._startup(undefined, false);
    }
    if (state._count == undefined || state._count == this._unlockcount)
    {
    state.locked = false;
    }
    else
    {
    state.locked = false;
    }
    state._count = this._unlockcount;
    callback(true, state);
    },

};

I tried commenting out everything in the else portion as well but that didn't do the trick either. The phone still locks/unlocks normally regardless.
  19.    #19  
    EDIT : double post somehow
    Well, while reading your message I had my Pre charging on my laptop and I realised that the screen is always unlocked while charging on the computer. Don't know if that has something to do with this or not. Hope it helps. WebOS is great but nothing is perfect in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post

There's a portion of the code that reads :

{
    }

Which seems to indicate that if the OS is running on the emulator, it's always unlocked. I tried adding an ! to the if statement to reverse it's effect and make it so that if the OS was running on anything but a desktop it would always be unlocked but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?