Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This patch will add an option to automatically reject calls on a per-contact basis. Calls can be rejected either by sending them directly to voicemail or by a quick answer and hangup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This was another feature I was hoping to have when I get my Att Pre.

Thanks so much.
    off tha hook!!! you guys come up with some bright ideas, sweet!
    do you know what patches this conflicts with. I have the sms per contact and elryon's call rejection patch installed do these need to be uninstalled?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This will almost certainly conflict with elryon's call rejection patch, as it has similar functionality, and therefore modifies the same files. If you try this one out, make sure you set calls to be rejected from your "Do Not Answer" contact, as this one will not automatically reject calls from anyone by default.

I've also posted an updated/alternate version of the sms per contact patch which definitely does not conflict with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    This will almost certainly conflict with elryon's call rejection patch, as it has similar functionality, and therefore modifies the same files. If you try this one out, make sure you set calls to be rejected from your "Do Not Answer" contact, as this one will not automatically reject calls from anyone by default.

I've also posted an updated/alternate version of the sms per contact patch which definitely does not conflict with this one.

Where is the update patch?
    My error log

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 715.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Where is the update patch?
    It's a few threads below this one. The title is [Patch] SMS Tone per Contact v2 It's also available in Preware.
    Works perfect. I successfully was able to still block with my google voice number. Great job!
    offfffffffff the hook! +1
    Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks! Can the same options be added (straight to VM, pickup/hangup) for unknown/blocked numbers?
    Nice, installing now. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Thanks! Can the same options be added (straight to VM, pickup/hangup) for unknown/blocked numbers?
    2nd this. I love how clean the patch is but I still want to be able to ignore unknown & blocked numbers. just tried installing elryon's patch for that w/ no luck.

if anyone figures out how to have this patch & set unknown/blocked, please pass it along
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ok, I made an edit to one of elryon's patches by lifting code from one of his other patches. I am NOT a coder but this worked for me before and it appears that it would work here too.

in jjvcuyler's patch in the first post of this thread I changed
    Code:
    if (contact.ringtoneLoc == "direct2vm") {
    to this
    Code:
    if ( (contact.ringtoneLoc == "direct2vm") || (number === undefined) || (number == null) || (number == "") || (number == "unknown") || (number == "unknown caller") || (number == "blocked caller") ) {
    as far as I know, this will add unknown & blocked callers to the direct to voicemail option.

I do not know why undefined gets 3 equal signs but that's how he had it.
    How does this patch affect notifications & call logs? Will a call set to auto-hangup or direct2vm display a notification? What will show up in the call log and missed call log?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    ok, I made an edit to one of elryon's patches by lifting code from one of his other patches. I am NOT a coder but this worked for me before and it appears that it would work here too.

in jjvcuyler's patch in the first post of this thread I changed
    Code:
    if (contact.ringtoneLoc == "direct2vm") {
    to this
    Code:
    if ( (contact.ringtoneLoc == "direct2vm") || (number === undefined) || (number == null) || (number == "") || (number == "unknown") || (number == "unknown caller") || (number == "blocked caller") ) {
    as far as I know, this will add unknown & blocked callers to the direct to voicemail option.

I do not know why undefined gets 3 equal signs but that's how he had it.
    I'm working the next version of this patch, which will add this functionality and allow you to make changes in the settings of the phone app. There will be an additional menu that will allow you to reject none/not in contacts/blocked/all, and choose the method.

I'm also exploring the phone app to see if there's a way to stop the phone card from popping up when using auto-hangup.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    How does this patch affect notifications & call logs? Will a call set to auto-hangup or direct2vm display a notification? What will show up in the call log and missed call log?
    Direct to voicemail call will show up as missed calls in the log. Auto-hangup calls will show as 1 second incoming calls in the log.
    Can't wait for the next version of the patch!
    Thanks,
    Aaron
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    OM Goodness, I'm so excited I found this patch. My Hero had the send to voicemail option and I really missed not having it on my Pre.

Woo Hooo!! Thank you for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Great patch!

If I just create one contact called Blocked Numbers for example and add a bunch of #s in there can I assume it will block all of them?

Submitted to Preware?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast