Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the patch from elryon that let's you name a contact "Do Not Answer" and it blocks all numbers under that contact works great and with this patch I just use the option to go straight to voicemail and with google voice handling my voice mail they get the a recording saying the number you are trying to reach is not in service.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I just went thru all 400 of my contacts and set my pests to go to voicemail. I'm so stoked I'm giddy. Thanks again.

I look forward to more great patches from you.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Great patch!

If I just create one contact called Blocked Numbers for example and add a bunch of #s in there can I assume it will block all of them?

Submitted to Preware?
    Yes, you can add a bunch of numbers to a contact and then block that contact. I use it more to block most work contacts on weekends

Yes, it has been submitted to be included in Preware. Just waiting on approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    Yes, you can add a bunch of numbers to a contact and then block that contact. I use it more to block most work contacts on weekends

Yes, it has been submitted to be included in Preware. Just waiting on approval.
    Never thought about that!
    im confused i downloaded the patch via preware and i dont see where within the contact i click the options of how i want that contact rejected
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    im confused i downloaded the patch via preware and i dont see where within the contact i click the options of how i want that contact rejected
    It made it into Preware? Cool!

Open a contact, tap edit, then tap "Set a ringtone".
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just installed via PW and tested it.
    I want to clarify what it does for me and make sure this is how it was intended to work.. .

'Send to VM' actually rang all the way through then went to VM on the callers end. No ring on mine but it showed up in call history.
    Can this be tweaked to truly direct the call to VM immediately? I would prefer the option to create the illusion that my phone is off as opposed to ringin through.

The 'Quick Answer Hangup' for me rang twice then just went to dead air for awhile and did not hang up..? No VM option though.

Superb patch btw!
    Uninstalled call rejection and grabbed this one. I like it very much. Thank you for this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Can I install this together with "Call Block with Unknown/Blocked caller"? I ask because I still want to block private callers but also have the features (per contact rejection/hangup) this patch offers. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Can I install this together with "Call Block with Unknown/Blocked caller"? I ask because I still want to block private callers but also have the features (per contact rejection/hangup) this patch offers. Thanks.
    As of now, these patches are incompatable. The next version of Per-Contact (or possibly the version after that, as the next version will probably be just a few minor tweaks) will have a global option to drop/block all calls, calls from those not in the contact list, calls from blocked numbers, or no calls. It's still a while off, but it's being worked on.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    is it possible to have an option to block texts from specific contacts as well? and also can 'direct to voicemail' and 'auto hang up' be switched to the initials 'dtv' and 'ah'... so if folks gain access to a contact, they wont question why their ringtone is 'direct to voicemail'
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    direct to voicmail dosent show up at all in the call log for me....if only this could be used in sms also per contact.....pls find a way
    any word on when the unknown caller/blocked number update will be available?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    The only issue I"m having with the patch is that when I'm on a call and an Auto Hangup call comes in, my first one gets booted to hold and it answers the AH. I tap to end the AH call and it ends both. This has happened several times. I really love the option of the auto hangup and not having to delete multiple voicemail from junk calls.
    Should name this patch the "Jerry Spring patch."
    Okay, so tell me why my "Do Not Answer" contacts are actually ringing thru to me?? lol

i freaked out when it first happened maybe about 1-2 weeks ago, (I thought they were REALLY anxious to get through to me...) lol

anywho, anybody having this issue? I tried restarting my phone several times...

specs:
    sprint>pre>webOS 1.4.1.1
    webOS QuickInstall 3.14
    and no, I did not include the ( " ) in my Do Not Answer contact.. lol

any help troubleshooting would be GREATLY APPREACIATED!!!

Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late reply.

The original call rejection patch rejects calls from a contact named exactly "Do Not Answer". This patch, on the other hand, rejects calls from contacts you have flagged to be rejected, regardless of the name. That means, by default, calls from your "Do Not Answer" contact will not be rejected. You need to edit the contact and flag for rejection as described earlier in the thread.
    Any chance this patch will be added to the Application Catalog as a program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Send to VM' actually rang all the way through then went to VM on the callers end. No ring on mine but it showed up in call history.
    Can this be tweaked to truly direct the call to VM immediately? I would prefer the option to create the illusion that my phone is off as opposed to ringin through.
    I would like to second this... I would really like to see the Direct to Voicemail emulate a phone that has been turned off... is this possible? It seems like when someone is calling who has this setting now... the phone gets very laggy and unresponsive... but of course I dont know about it until later. It would be so much better if it literally rejected/ignored the call before it rang.
    I have deleted the "Do not Answer" patch and now it Works fine in my pixi +

The only one thing, as you know, it would be better if we get notify in the call history.

Thanks for your work
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast