Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    the same happened to me with SMS Tone per Contact v1, after an update, must've been 1.3 or something, it got stuck. These patches are faulty, they should come with a warning, everyone will tell you a different solution to unistall it but........ well, good luck
    It's not that the patch is faulty, it's just not updated to work with the newer version of WebOS. Like everything, when they update WOS they have to update patches, applications, themes, etc. It happens with everything, we just have to be patient. I did notice with the last update it said I didn't have any patches installed which is very annoying since I can't update what it says I don't have. Good thing I know how to use WOSQI...
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    What are you talking about, SMS Tone per Contact 1 hasn't been working since the Tatcher years, that's many updates ago, just have a read on how many users can't get rid of it in their phones, you might think someone would've solved the issue by now
    What are you talking about, SMS Tone per Contact 1 hasn't been working since the Tatcher years, that's many updates ago, just have a read on how many users can't get rid of it in their phones, you might think someone would've solved the issue by now
    Actually, it's been explained many times that in order for the patch to work you have to remove it using WOSQI then you can reinstall it and it works, at least it always has for me. To me, the usefulness of the patch is worth the aggravation I have to go through to make it work when there's an update.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jen4muzik View Post
    Actually, it's been explained many times that in order for the patch to work you have to remove it using WOSQI then you can reinstall it and it works
    You'll find that many will beg to differ
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nope, nothing to do with 1.4.5, it was faulty long before 1.4.5 came out...

Precisely

Yet, nobody gives a d^mn and there is apparently no definite way to remove it
    Can you tell me what was "faulty" with the patch before the update? If I remember correctly, you were having problems with the first patch after a different upgrade and never even installed this one. Bear in mind that I had nothing to do with writing the original sms per-contact patch, and the this is a separate and distinct patch. Any problems you had with that patch have nothing to do with this one.

Also, I posted very specific, step by step instructions on removing the other patch... in a reply to you. Did you even bother to try it, or have you been too busy whining after all this time?

Why the hell are you coming in here bad-mouthing my work when you are just plain too stupid to follow even the simplest, step by step, copy-paste instructions?

FOAD and HAND
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sorry for the long delay. Personal issues got in the way of stuff like this. Oh, and I no longer have a Pre. I will, however, update this patch to work with the latest version of WebOS.

I'm downloading what I need to download as I type. I'll see if I can get an update out this week.
    i just uninstalled the number 2 version that didnt work properly on my phone and installed the original sms per contact patch just fine on my phone using preware ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Also, for those that upgraded before without removing this patch first, and are now "stuck", I'll try and write a script that will do the removal automagically.

EDIT: The script and instructions can be found here.
    Last edited by jjvcuyler; 09/28/2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    Bear in mind that I had nothing to do with writing the original sms per-contact patch
    This I didn't know, and if it's true I apologise. I do have a grudge with that patch and it's nice to hear you are taking distance from it.

you are just plain too stupid..
    This is classy..
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    A new version of the patch has been attached the the first post in this thread. It will work with 1.4.5. The new version has also been submitted to be included in Preware, but how long that will take is beyond my control.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    for those that upgraded before without removing this patch first, and are now "stuck", I'll try and write a script that will do the removal automagically.

EDIT: The script and instructions can be found here.
    I owe you a couple of BIG APOLOGIES. The sms tone per contact v1 got me bizarrely frustrated, couldn't really know you had nothing to do with it, everyone gave their own method but nothing worked. Your advice on how to remove it worked a treat!
    I had the SMS tone per contact V2 installed when I upgraded to 1.4.5 and I was able to remove it successfully but not update it or reinstall it. I tried running the script thinking it would clean out the reminents but I still cant install the patch and the script says that the patch is not found when I run it in terminal.

Any clues?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzman View Post
    I had the SMS tone per contact V2 installed when I upgraded to 1.4.5 and I was able to remove it successfully but not update it or reinstall it. I tried running the script thinking it would clean out the reminents but I still cant install the patch and the script says that the patch is not found when I run it in terminal.

Any clues?
    The patch that is currently in Preware is not compatible with 1.4.5. I've submitted an update and am waiting for its inclusion. I have no idea or control over the time frame.

The script doesn't apply to your situation. It is for people who forgot to remove the patch before upgrading to 1.4.5 and now are unable to remove the installed version.
    this is an awesome patch. thanks!
    My Pre is going to be replaced by sprint because of a bad speaker. This means I'll have to reinstall everything. Is there a way to backup the sounds I've assigned to everyone? Or will I have to redo each person one at a time?
    Hi, will it work with OS 2.0? Cheers
    I'm having the same issue as far as the ipk log message - won't update, remove OR function!!! Can I PLEEEAAASSSE get some help on this?!?!?!
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  19. P6
    Did you ever get help with this? I have the same issue and have not yet resolved it.
    Did you follow the instructions on the link I posted? That's all the help you need, trust me it works, nothing worked for me and I insulted enough people because of it, until I was given those instructions
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast