Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    Running the Emergency Patch Removal Patch (App?) worked for me. It should remove all your installed patches, including SMS Tone per Contact. You'll then have to reinstall all your patches, but the most recent versions of Preware include a list of recently installed patches and apps, so that should make things a bit easier.

Emergency Patch Removal is available through Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Good luck!
    I've had the same problem with the original SMS Tone patch not deleting or updating. I've never used the Emergency Patch Removal app before. This may be a dumb question. If I run that and add back all my other current patches would that also clear out all the setting and preference adjustments on all those other patches? If so, I wonder whether I might be better off to just leave the original SMS Tone patch there and forget about getting rid of it.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    anyone know if they have released a version of this patch that will work with 1.4.5??
    I uninstalled sms tone per contact before upgrading and had no problems.
    I've doctored my phone to 1.4.5 and since I've been upgraded my message sound will sometimes go off and sometimes won't go off at all. I've taken off the patch and it works perfect again (aside from the fact I can't pick individual tones). I tried reinstalling the patch too and that didn't work.

Just wanted to give the dev some feedback as this is my number one patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    I've doctored my phone to 1.4.5 and since I've been upgraded my message sound will sometimes go off and sometimes won't go off at all. I've taken off the patch and it works perfect again (aside from the fact I can't pick individual tones). I tried reinstalling the patch too and that didn't work.

Just wanted to give the dev some feedback as this is my number one patch.
    I had the same problem and went back to the original SMS Per contact patch. Been working fine since then.
    Am I missing something here? I installed this patch yesterday and I set a couple of SMS tones for two different people. Now, I lost the original Pre notification sound. Where is that sound anyway? Is there something wrong with this patch?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Please help! this is like my favorite app. and its not letting me update so I uninstalled and reinstalled preware so that I could delete it and start again. well, now i am still getting error installing ipkg log? what do I need to do?
    Look here for help....might not yet be compatible with 1.4.5

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ontact-v2.html

In fact...<<Thread Merged with main SMS Tone per contact 2 thread>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    After upgrading to 1.4.5 I'm stuck with this patch in limbo (happened at the last upgrade too). Last time I ended up doctoring and starting all over again. Is there a way to get around this?

ipkg log

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/detail-link.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/sandbox-styles.css.rej
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    I uninstalled sms tone per contact before upgrading and had no problems.
    This.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by cmfranklin View Post
    Please help! this is like my favorite app. and its not letting me update so I uninstalled and reinstalled preware so that I could delete it and start again. well, now i am still getting error installing ipkg log? what do I need to do?
    sadly, either you forget you ever had it and just leave it there or you doctor your pre
    I came here hoping I wouldn't have to do EPR but I guess I do.

Sorry, I don't remember who said about using tones longer than 3 seconds but all of mine are longer and when the patch works I've never had a problem. Going to have to go home tonight and DR my phone, UGH!!!!!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    ok so to be clear, this patch can't be removed or updated because it's not compatible with 1.4.5?? And then of course I won't be able to install the first version because I already have this one??
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    So you added the email part... nice then you remove 75% of the stuff that made the original patch worth a damn. Instead of going to one place and setting all global tones you now have to go to 3 maybe 4 to set up global tones?

Not seeing a good reason to use this... Other than the email part...

And there is another patch to do the system tones it is in preware but was not compatible with the original SMS tone per contact.. But worth a shot if you use this feature lacking one...
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    ok so to be clear, this patch can't be removed or updated because it's not compatible with 1.4.5??
    Nope, nothing to do with 1.4.5, it was faulty long before 1.4.5 came out...

And then of course I won't be able to install the first version because I already have this one??
    Precisely

Yet, nobody gives a d^mn and there is apparently no definite way to remove it
    so then why is it faulty? Cause it was perfectly fine and then when the update came for it, it didn't want to update or remove...
    I suggest you guys wait for sconix to release his next patch. I think most of the people with problems in this thread will be pleasantly surprised.
    sounds like you know something! =D
    well that stinks. But I guess most people are having the same issues. It was a handy patch to assign different sounds for everyone...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Here's how I would attempt to fix the issues with removing the patch... It has worked in the past on other patches....

!!!!!!!!Warning!!!!!!!! if done wrong you might have to doctor your phone......

Download the WebOS doctor version your phone is currently running...

Extract the un patched files out of the doctor the ones effected by the patch.

These seem to be the ones effected files from the patch posted in the first post...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/detail-link.css
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/sandbox-styles.css
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs

Use preware or webos QI to attempt to uninstall patch- then run the EPR - attempt to remove patch again...

If it still will not remove the patch.. Use webos QI to send all the files you extracted from the doctor to the phone using the same file location.. Reboot phone

Attempt to remove patch with webos QI or preware - run EPR again

Try to patch with the original SMS tone per contact because it was updated to 1.4.5... If all goes well the patch should work and you can put all your other patches back on the phone...

Last resort doctor your phone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    so then why is it faulty? Cause it was perfectly fine and then when the update came for it, it didn't want to update or remove...
    the same happened to me with SMS Tone per Contact v1, after an update, must've been 1.3 or something, it got stuck. These patches are faulty, they should come with a warning, everyone will tell you a different solution to unistall it but........ well, good luck
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast