Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    After installing this patch, I no longer have the global option to select an SMS messaging tone.

---
    Uninstalled and re-installed the original and all is right with the world.
    Last edited by Trident; 05/18/2010 at 01:24 AM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    After installing this patch, I no longer have the global option to select an SMS messaging tone.

---
    Uninstalled and re-installed the original and all is right with the world.
    The global option for a sms messaging tone with 1.4.1.1 is in preferences and accounts in the message app. The original one elryon did put and extra field in sounds and ringtones screen. So without any sms per contact patch you can set the global sms message tone.
    Have finally installed a copy of this patch SMS Tone per Contact v2..

Will be keeping a weather eye on my auto-synced google contacts for any potential problems. No reason there should be a problem but that "concern" was what held me back from jumping in right away. My initial impressions are simply agreement with several others - this is one VERY cool capability! Thank you!

-=dave=-
    jjvcuyler i notice this patch will not allow the message repeat notification to function. Lclarkjr fixed compatiablity with this patch awhile ago with the original sms per contact. Can you see what it causing the conflict?

I noticed I wasn't getting repeat notifcations so I started uninstalling the messaging apps. Yours was the last one installed so I started with this one first as soon as I uninstalled my messages started repeating. I hope there is a fix for it
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/20/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    jjvcuyler i notice this patch will not allow the message repeat notification to function. Lclarkjr fixed compatiablity with this patch awhile ago with the original sms per contact. Can you see what it causing the conflict?

I noticed I wasn't getting repeat notifcations so I started uninstalling the messaging apps. Yours was the last one installed so I started with this one first as soon as I uninstalled my messages started repeating. I hope there is a fix for it
    Check out the post by lawrenqj in this thread, and my reply to it. I believe that solved the issue. I've updated the patch in the first post of this thread, and submitted an update to be included in Preware. It hasn't been pushed yet, but I'm hopeful that it will be soon.
    Thanks I should have went back and reread.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    unfortunately doesn't work on my Palm Pixi Plus (german language) :-) could you fix this?
    thanks in advance

brds, nimra
    Is there a way to have one sound for email notifications and another for messaging notifications?
    ^not sure about your question. webOS 1.4.x allows you to set different sounds for the email and messaging apps - set them in the app preferences menu.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I cannot get musical ringtones to play for a message (i.e. Downloaded with the Free Musiacal Ringtones app). Any fix?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Tyndall, do these tones work when set as the global message tone?
    This patch only adds to the frustration of those who can't uninstall IN ANY WAY the first version. Pretty useless to many of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Have finally installed a copy of this patch SMS Tone per Contact v2..

Will be keeping a weather eye on my auto-synced google contacts for any potential problems. No reason there should be a problem but that "concern" was what held me back from jumping in right away. My initial impressions are simply agreement with several others - this is one VERY cool capability! Thank you!

-=dave=-
    Just wanted to come back and report that I have had absolutely NO problems/complaints about v2 - this is a SWEET patch and adds greatly to my Pre "user experience"! Thank you until you are better paid!

-=dave=-
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The global option for a sms messaging tone with 1.4.1.1 is in preferences and accounts in the message app. The original one elryon did put and extra field in sounds and ringtones screen. So without any sms per contact patch you can set the global sms message tone.
    OK. Glad I came back to this. I'm still unable to change my notification or alert tones with or without this patch installed.
    Any ideas?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Can anyone confirm or deny it won't install in 1.4.5 that was released last night?
    Yes it failed updating after 1.4.5. I could not remove it as well.
    I too am having the issue of 1.4.5-1 not updating, and the old version failing to uninstall.

IPKG Log on the "update" says:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/detail-link.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/sandbox-styles.css.rej
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    I ran Emergency Partch Recovery and removed this patch and installed all other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I cannot get musical ringtones to play for a message (i.e. Downloaded with the Free Musiacal Ringtones app). Any fix?
    I've found that any tone longer than 3 seconds or so will fail when set as a message tone.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast