Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, so let me start off by saying..im not a programmer. i can't write patches to do the things jason and others can do so gracefully so i can't contribute major things like these other guys. however, i love to find ways to personalize my phone, and using jason's Internalz, some of these things aren't hard to figure out.

that being said, one of the things i would like to change is the bluetooth icon when it's connected to a bt headset. the palm stock connected icon is the bt emblem surrounded in white. well, its BLUEtooth...so i thought it should be blue . IMO, something small like this doesn't really need to be a patch (and not only that, theres so many topbar patches i dont know if this would conflict with others and if it did i wouldn't know how to fix it) so i'm attaching the bluetooth-connected.png to this post so it can be downloaded and applied via webosQI, which is the way i applied it. i've also attached a couple of screen pics: one shows the bluetooth icon on but not connected; the other shows the bluetooth connected icon that i made.

i know some aren't gonna know how to apply via webosQI, so if a developer wants to make this into a patch, please feel free. sorry i'm not that advanced

the file is bluetooth-connected.png (i've already named it that) and the filepath is /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/

i just applied this to my phone and tested it, hence the screenshots. this is my first contribution to the community, albeit a minor one, but at least i can do something! enjoy!

EDIT: luna restart after install
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by unseenme; 05/10/2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add info
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Great idea! Gives a little life to the top bar.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    something so simple and sensible
    Nice touch!

Now that you came up with a simple but nice idea, how about extend this idea to the WiFi icon, the stronger the signal the more green it gets.

Or even the cellular signal meter, the high the bars the more green.

Or each bar has a different color as the battery patch does.

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 05/11/2010 at 06:54 AM.
  5.    #5  
    already planning that..hopefully tonight...
    hot idea! Installing tonight, I agree, I'm kinda funny on little things like that..LOL!
  7.    #7  
    that makes 2 of us..lol. I've got the .png files made for wifi and phone signal. I'll install em on lunch and test em out today and if all is good I'll post em tonight.
    Hey, I made up a bunch of signal, wifi, and Ev icons a while ago. Feel free to use any of them you want

http://www.mediafire.com/garrett92c
    I also like this idea. The white highlighted icon is a bit too subtle, I think.

What's that cross-hairs icon next to your BT icon. Is that a GPS-on icon?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Garrett92C;2446035]Hey, I made up a bunch of signal, wifi, and Ev icons a while ago. Feel free to use any of them you want

[url]

tks alot bro I think ima gonna use some of them for my theme SUNSET.
  11.    #11  
    yep GPS. Someone made a patch that would display it when GPS was on but I actually changed it to the locked GPS icon which is the same icon with the center colored in green.
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    yep GPS. Someone made a patch that would display it when GPS was on but I actually changed it to the locked GPS icon which is the same icon with the center colored in green.
    hey thanks for the icons. i did not send the old png to my desk top. now if i want to put the correct ones back where can i get them?now if i want to put the correct ones back on
  13.    #13  
    @buddytammy..i can send em to ya but it'll be tonight when I get home from work

I put the signal colored icons on and wow what a diffeence! My top bar is no longer boring..lol..cant test the wifi til I get home but so far the signal icon looks great! I'll test it today and post em along with screen shots tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    @buddytammy..i can send em to ya but it'll be tonight when I get home from work

I put the signal colored icons on and wow what a diffeence! My top bar is no longer boring..lol..cant test the wifi til I get home but so far the signal icon looks great! I'll test it today and post em along with screen shots tonight.
    undeenme,

thanks. i was going to ask about the bars and you must have read my mine. this rocks and you are right. not boring. just need color
  15.    #15  
    yep..the cool thing is they can be any color you can imagine..

I'm gonna work on the 3G icon as well
  16.    #16  
    here's the cell bars and the wifi bars.

the cell bar colors are as follows:

1 bar-red
    2 bars-orange (although it looks red cuz the first 2 bars are so small)
    3 & 4 bars-yellow
    5 bars-green

the wifi bars are:

1 bar-red
    2 bars-yellow
    3 bars-green

i also changed the wifi connecting icon to a light blue...just cuz i wanted to...lol

i tried to get a screenshot of the wifi with one bar but i couldn't get far enough away. i went to the end of my driveway, around the back yard in the farthest corner..no luck.

the new icons in the zip file are named correctly. just use webosQI and send them to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/

remember to do a lunar restart afterwards. enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Thanks!
    Wifi:
    wifi-0.png
    wifi-1.png
    wifi-2.png
    wifi-3.png

Edit-
    Did you change your post? I could have sworn you asked what to name the wifi icons... lol
    I need to install wifi 1, 2 and 3 for this to work right?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I need to install wifi 1, 2 and 3 for this to work right?
    You don't have to use them all... Just the ones you want to change. They must be named exactly as I said in my last post though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast