Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you, one more question, a little off topic, what is the destination folder name for the phone dialpad? For example I want to change the color of the dialpad
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Thank you, one more question, a little off topic, what is the destination folder name for the phone dialpad? For example I want to change the color of the dialpad
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/
    Thank you again!
  4.    #24  
    yep...and the file is backdrop-phone.png
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
    my next question! you guys are good!
  6.    #26  
    lol...nah this is easy stuff. just wish i knew javascript
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Thank you all for doing this work, my Pre looks great! In fact, I am supposed to take it in to the repair center tomorrow to have it looked at due to the dreaded USB crack, but may be unwilling to replace it, as it looks so good. (I also don't want to revert back to its out of box state, too much work to put it all back together)
    Dude...you're awesome. My top row is now so colorful and easy to read/view. Thanks for the hard work.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I can't wait to apply these, great work. Topbar looks much better with a little color.
    Just downloaded the new png files for the other icons.

Great work!

I think what you should attempt now, it to get this turned into a patch so its easy to install.

Not sure if it's considered a patch or theme?

I would at this point suggest you send Jason a PM (private message) and ask him if he'd be willing to turn your work into a patch or custom theme for you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just downloaded the new png files for the other icons.

Great work!

I think what you should attempt now, it to get this turned into a patch so its easy to install.

Not sure if it's considered a patch or theme?

I would at this point suggest you send Jason a PM (private message) and ask him if he'd be willing to turn your work into a patch or custom theme for you.

Rob
    Making this into a patch should be ridiculously simple. I can make it tonight if you guys want.

It would involve putting the custom images onto the Pre's USB drive instead of sending them to the stock folder.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Making this into a patch should be ridiculously simple. I can make it tonight if you guys want.

It would involve putting the custom images onto the Pre's USB drive instead of sending them to the stock folder.
    For sure, do it. Many users won't take the time to install the separate images,but certainly would enjoy the ease of using Preware to install a patch.
  13.    #33  
    please do garrett...im new to this stuff so i'll look into making things into a patch.

just remember to give me credit for this simple thing
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    please do garrett...im new to this stuff so i'll look into making things into a patch.

just remember to give me credit for this simple thing
    Well actually:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/195807-modify-your-signal-strength-wifi-ev-1x-icons.html

I did this same thing last July. That was before patches existed though, so the only way to do it was via command line

But I'll give you credit
  15.    #35  
    actually...if you can send me the link for that program someone wrote to make things into patches that would be great...i think i saw that somewhere :0
  16.    #36  
    cool...credit both of us for it
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    actually...if you can send me the link for that program someone wrote to make things into patches that would be great...i think i saw that somewhere :0
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/210781-unified-diff-creator.html
    Suggestion on the Cellular version:

Instead of using Yellow, go from the red to orange to green. ..

Green yellow, orange and then red... does that look better?

I'm getting a full signal on wifi so I can't tell what it will look like at lower signals.

But overall, love this, it's just so simple and great. It really makes these icons pop out!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/210781-unified-diff-creator.html

thanks!
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Suggestion on the Cellular version:

Instead of using Yellow, go from the red to orange to green. ..

Green yellow, orange and then red... does that look better?

I'm getting a full signal on wifi so I can't tell what it will look like at lower signals.

But overall, love this, it's just so simple and great. It really makes these icons pop out!

Rob
    actually i thought about changing mine to red-yellow-green to match jason's battery percent patch i use. if you want i'll make red-orange-green for ya
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast