Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Here is something very interesting that I just observed. Maybe it might be useful to some of you guys who is trying to sort out this issue, re: Verizon Palm Pre.

First of all, I am using GPS Trip Panel because it gives me a GPS message center.

If I first start VZNav, and then I open GPS Trip Panel, first I get the message, "starting GPS", followed by "searching for satellites" and a %, following by GPS signal... from weak, progressing to medium, then to strong. All this takes about 30 seconds on the GPS trip panel before a firm lock in.

If I do not start VZNav, before I open GPS Trip Panel, I no longer get the message, "starting GPS". Instead, it skips right to "searching for satellites, where it will stall at 1% to 4% forever. Of course, there is no GPS fix.

Seems to be that without prestarting VZNav, the GPS Trip Panel thinks the GPS has already started when in reality the GPS has not.
    This is a rough description of my exprience with GPS Dashboard as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    I disagree, as I can quit VZnav now and Google Maps continues to function for hours on end (as opposed to the formerly 30 seconds after VZnav stopped tracking (read: switched from VZNav to another app)
    Well, my does not - have to VzNav open all the time, otherwise when I am moving the dot is staying where I was.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Well, my does not - have to VzNav open all the time, otherwise when I am moving the dot is staying where I was.
    Have you done all the things suggested in this thread (esp QPST and Battery Pull for 2-5 min)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This patch does not work for me either. It worked after the initial shutdown and restart, but later in the day , no go. I still need to launch VZNav to get things working.
    Hmmm, this means its only for a Palm? What about my blackberry?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    Hmmm, this means its only for a Palm? What about my blackberry?
    uhhhhhhh please tell me that was a joke . This is a site devoted to the palm WebOS devices and this is a patch for the WebOS devices and you can't patch a Blackberry Maybe QPST the berry butů
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Have you done all the things suggested in this thread (esp QPST and Battery Pull for 2-5 min)
    I have full QPST and battery pulls for this patch and later for the display black outs
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    To fix this based on this thread above...

I went to Preware and install these 2 patches:

1.) Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    2.) Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps

Start Google Maps and waited about 20 to 30 seconds to find my location.

For good measure I also installed:

1.) Patch: GPS Icon On Top Bar
    2.) Patch: GPS in Device Menu
    3.) Application: GPS Toogle

If feel bad for the mere mortal who owns this phone and doesn't know how to get Preware installed on it. I expect v2 of the hardware and software to seriously improve things.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoinva View Post
    To fix this based on this thread above...

I went to Preware and install these 2 patches:

1.) Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    2.) Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps

Start Google Maps and waited about 20 to 30 seconds to find my location.

For good measure I also installed:

1.) Patch: GPS Icon On Top Bar
    2.) Patch: GPS in Device Menu
    3.) Application: GPS Toogle

If feel bad for the mere mortal who owns this phone and doesn't know how to get Preware installed on it. I expect v2 of the hardware and software to seriously improve things.
    Well, only one thing missing - GPS wrangler, and you are all set!!!!
    This is my first post.
    I just got my Pre+ about 25 days ago. I installed preware and then ebag333's app about 5 days ago. It fixed G-maps. Thank you very much!
    I just wanted to chime in on something i have noticed i posted it on the comm. section of the front page story about verizons gps bs

I have a Sprint Account with a Verizon pre plus on it before i flashed it with the sprint rom for about 2 weeks i used the verizon rom because i was to busy to make a rom for it but i noticed while using the verizon rom on sprint the dam GPS worked ok no probs what so ever so this tells me that Verizon is blocking this on a tower level? DIRTY move on there part i am glad i stuck with sprint...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble updating/uninstalling "Enable Verizon aGPS Server" patch?

I get the following errors when attempting either:

Error Updating: See IPKG Log

============IPKG Log=============
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is this after installing the 1.4.5 update -- because that's what I did and I'm having the exact same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble updating/uninstalling "Enable Verizon aGPS Server" patch?

I get the following errors when attempting either:

Error Updating: See IPKG Log

============IPKG Log=============
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.prerm 2>&1

Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Yeah, my dumbarse forgot to remove the patch before the update... I know I know... RTFForums I'm hoping there's a fix without having to blow away the OS.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    Yeah, my dumbarse forgot to remove the patch before the update... I know I know... RTFForums I'm hoping there's a fix without having to blow away the OS.
    I must be a dumbarse too... I didn't read the forums but did some searches about updating before I did it and I found this: Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals

Figured the source was good so I followed their steps. The only patch I'm hung up on is this aGPS patch.
    Did you read this?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Doh! -- Thanks.
    Thanks Bryan...

Here's how I did mine:
    1) Update Saved Package List in Preware
    2) Backup Preware using Save/Restore (just in case)
    3) Run EPR in Preware
    4) Go to Saved Package List in Preware and reinstall all patches.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello,

I can't seem to remove this patch and receive the following error while attempting to do so. I've tried removing it from preware and WOSQI and receive the same error:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore-R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

*** FAILED ***

------------------------------------------------------

PATCH REMOVAL Wed Oct 13 15:20:30 EDT 2010

Contains text patch

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps/google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.patch

----------------------------------

Checking md5sums

Palm md5sum when installed: 89fd8f0b059e68812a59ca5f3eff27b8

Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-applauncher

md5sum: 89fd8f0b059e68812a59ca5f3eff27b8

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Palm md5sum when installed: f35b72a264579c5df158a995ff694e5e

md5sum:

Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.contacts

md5sum: f35b72a264579c5df158a995ff694e5e

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Palm md5sum when installed: 6d154a7d8970b1fdfaa2530424107dbd

md5sum:

md5sum:

Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.crotest

md5sum: 6d154a7d8970b1fdfaa2530424107dbd

Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs

Palm md5sum when installed: 9924c480d5bf9635bf86ffcb1a4cba16

md5sum:

md5sum:

md5sum:

Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.phone

md5sum: 9924c480d5bf9635bf86ffcb1a4cba16

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Dry run patch attempt...

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs

Removal FAILED!

Apply anyway? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps:

google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.patch

md5sums

package_list

*** FAILED ***

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msliepka View Post
    Hello,

I can't seem to remove this patch and receive the following error while attempting to do so. I've tried removing it from preware and WOSQI and receive the same error:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore-R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

*** FAILED ***

PATCH REMOVAL Wed Oct 13 15:20:30 EDT 2010

Contains text patch

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps/google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.patch

Checking md5sums

Palm md5sum when installed: 89fd8f0b059e68812a59ca5f3eff27b8

md5sum: 89fd8f0b059e68812a59ca5f3eff27b8

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Palm md5sum when installed: f35b72a264579c5df158a995ff694e5e

md5sum:

md5sum: f35b72a264579c5df158a995ff694e5e

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/locationwatcher/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Palm md5sum when installed: 6d154a7d8970b1fdfaa2530424107dbd

md5sum:

md5sum:

md5sum: 6d154a7d8970b1fdfaa2530424107dbd

Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs

Palm md5sum when installed: 9924c480d5bf9635bf86ffcb1a4cba16

md5sum:

md5sum:

md5sum:

Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.phone

md5sum: 9924c480d5bf9635bf86ffcb1a4cba16

Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundGPS-assistant.jsjsjs

Remove backup

Dry run patch attempt...

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Removal FAILED!

Apply anyway? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps:

google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.patch

md5sums

package_list

*** FAILED ***

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Nevermind, I found the post about running emergency patch recovery/file verification and am trying those.

Thanks!