Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Update, after removing this patch, GPS continues to work great. I occasionally have to start up navigator for google maps to pinpoint, but now it does it indoors and pinpoints me in a matter of seconds. Prior to installing and removing patch, I could never get an accurate lock using google maps and never indoors. So something has changed with installation and removal of patch, that I now have a functioning gps pre plus.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i reccommend the QPST method -- i really cannot figure out why some people won't try this and report success or not -- it is not quite as quick but i believe it is a fix -- give it a try -- you will be happy
    Def going to give it a try and report back later tonight, I haven't heard of it before running through this thread, but regardless if that works or not this one hasn't :P

Anyways I'll let you know how OPST works later tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyHog View Post
    Def going to give it a try and report back later tonight, I haven't heard of it before running through this thread, but regardless if that works or not this one hasn't :P

QPST has me convinced me now that the only thing vzw did is not fully enable all the gps chipset. it is now fully enabled. read the QPST thread where it explains all the settings that were left disabled...

i'm stoked....real world testing tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyHog View Post

QPST has me convinced me now that the only thing vzw did is not fully enable all the gps chipset. it is now fully enabled. read the QPST thread where it explains all the settings that were left disabled...

i'm stoked....real world testing tomorrow.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    Update, after removing this patch, GPS continues to work great. I occasionally have to start up navigator for google maps to pinpoint, but now it does it indoors and pinpoints me in a matter of seconds. Prior to installing and removing patch, I could never get an accurate lock using google maps and never indoors. So something has changed with installation and removal of patch, that I now have a functioning gps pre plus.
    I've noticed multiple times that the patch SAYS it uninstalls...but doesn't. At least when using WOSQI.

So you might really still have installed. Just throwing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've noticed multiple times that the patch SAYS it uninstalls...but doesn't. At least when using WOSQI.

So what do you do in that case?
  7.    #247  
    Manually uninstall it.

Or do the method of clearing all patches.

Sometimes it'll say it installed (and the patch will show up in the list), but it doesn't actually install. In that case, just install it again. Of course then you have it in your install list twice.

Unfortunately, unless you know how to look at the file system, you have no way of telling if it installed (or un-installed, as the case may be) or not.

Fortunately, Preware seems to do a better job of un/installing patches. At least I've never noticed a patch not un/install when it said it did.

So for those who say that this patch did not work, try the Preware version. Can't hurt, right?
    question for those who have installed the qpst patch, or know more about it: any guesses as to whether it will eliminate the need to "wake up" the gps? I'm happy with the time it takes to get a fix and the accuracy of that fix after this patch, but I still occasionally need to wake up the gps after I dont use gps for a while. Does anyone think the qpst would address that? or does it do totally different things?

thanks!

I used pre ware to uninstall. I double checked with WOSQI and it wasn't there.
    i reccommend the QPST method -- i really cannot figure out why some people won't try this and report success or not -- it is not quite as quick but i believe it is a fix -- give it a try -- you will be happy
    I am a Verizon Palm Pre Plus user -tickled to report the combination of the QPST procedure, and the Patch to Enable Verizon aGPS work on my phone. I will be doing further testing and posting the results in the QPST thread - but right this minute I am seeing all of the appearances of a problem that has been fixed, plus I have true standalone GPS available on my Pre Plus if I should need it with no WiFi or Verizon connection available.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    I am a Verizon Palm Pre Plus user -tickled to report the combination of the QPST procedure, and the Patch to Enable Verizon aGPS work on my phone. I will be doing further testing and posting the results in the QPST thread - but right this minute I am seeing all of the appearances of a problem that has been fixed, plus I have true standalone GPS available on my Pre Plus if I should need it with no WiFi or Verizon connection available.
    glad to hear it -- hope it holds -- my experience says it will

thanks to EBAG333
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I used QPST last night, and after a battery swap this morning and got a good lock. I plan to do more testing, wondering if anyone is using both QPST and ebag's patch?
    Manually uninstall it.

Or do the method of clearing all patches.

Sometimes it'll say it installed (and the patch will show up in the list), but it doesn't actually install. In that case, just install it again. Of course then you have it in your install list twice.

Unfortunately, unless you know how to look at the file system, you have no way of telling if it installed (or un-installed, as the case may be) or not.

Fortunately, Preware seems to do a better job of un/installing patches. At least I've never noticed a patch not un/install when it said it did.

So for those who say that this patch did not work, try the Preware version. Can't hurt, right?
    Guess I'll have to pick up Preware.

I'd really wanted to avoid it, as I was trying to fight off the temptation to go nuts installing things here and there, mostly for warranty considerations.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I used QPST last night, and after a battery swap this morning and got a good lock. I plan to do more testing, wondering if anyone is using both QPST and ebag's patch?
    i am running the patch from nulsul in post 223 of this thread -- i have been running the QPST for a couple of months -- i cannot tell if the patch helped but it did not hurt so i am going to leave it installed for now
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Looks like I will be doing this today.

How does one do the QPST?
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post

I'd really wanted to avoid it, as I was trying to fight off the temptation to go nuts installing things here and there, mostly for warranty considerations.
    don't take me to court for saying this but it would be almost impossible for you to do anykind of damage to the phone that would void yur warrenty -- you could always DR the phone before you took it in and if you could not get the phone to turn on to doctor well then there is no way that anyone could tell what caused the problem -- just my opinion but once you start patching it takes the entire pre experience to a new level -- personally not sure if i would want to own a 500mhz un patched pre
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post

preware and webosQI are absolutely require'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    Looks like I will be doing this today.

How does one do the QPST?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

and this too from ebag333 impressive
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    preware and webosQI are absolutely require'd.
    lol...if you ask my wife, they are not. She'd be right, of course.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

and this too from ebag333 impressive
    Thanks! Just installed preware that took all but 5 minutes - :P