Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Every time I've had a problem with QI, uninstalling all the patches (sometimes there is more than one listed) and rebooting the device has worked. I've yet to need to do more than that.

The patch is not corrupt, and it does function properly. Many people have posted confirming this.

This patch does not solve all the problems with GPS, nor was it expected to. There are multiple issues here, and this is a preliminary patch.
    When said patches are either corrupt or do not function properly on my phone is when I ask for help.
    This is the first time I've encountered this error in QI, just as you, simply uninstalling it works. After testing the results with and without the patch a few times, about the fifth time reinstalling it was when I received the error. There is something on my device that conflicted with this patch, and eventually something either was corrupted upon uninstalling it, or something wasn't removed and the install was corrupted. Regardless, me and a few other users have also reported that this does not work properly. Each time in my testing it found my location to be at least 500 ft off. I am also not the first user to have a problem removing the patch. Because is works for the majority does not mean it functions properly.

For anyone who is having problems removing this patch, just follow the link mepsiff posted.... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...val-steps.html

It removes all your patches, but keeps your data. After completing the steps I opened Google Maps with GPS on and got a correct lock within 10 seconds, so everything is functioning properly again.
    I wonder, how many of you that have had this patch successfully fix your gps issues are using any overclock patches as well? I've seen on other threads mentioning OC fixing the too many cards problems, and coincidentally with this patch it could be fixing the gps as well?

As for me, I haven't tried any overclocking and I've been testing the patch over the last 2 days, noticing no changes in the behavior of my gps. Still unable to obtain a location lock by opening only google maps even after a battery pull. None of the 3rd party gps apps work either. As always, launching VZnav provides an instant position lock within 5 seconds on google maps and all other location based apps.

Also, Ebag333, I appreciate the efforts you've done so far and am extremely grateful that we have guys like you willing to help others even though this isn't even a problem you have.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cr_8_tiv; 05/11/2010 at 02:25 PM.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_Pre_Rocks View Post
    Hi Ebag333,
    I confirmed with a precentral member but wanted to get it directly from the creater......... this patch can still help Pre users that do have Verizon Navigator installed. Is this correct? I have Verizon Navigator installed but the GPS locating is not great.
    Cheers,
    PPR
    The purpose of this patch is to help programs outside of Verizon Navigator. So if you find Verizon Navigator is off, I would point you in the direction of the QPST tweak.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

Quote Originally Posted by nulsul View Post
    Now that you mention it I did actually receive "GPS Returned Unknown Error" (sorry if this was a wild goose chase).

I have not been able to get a GPS lock today. Only "Error occurred" I've attached my poundGPS so you can take a gander at it. With my antenna off I get "Error occurred" not any of your nifty errors; would this be correct?
    That's interesting that you got that. I means that the GPS call succeeded, but the GPS lookup still failed.

If you have your antenna off, I'm not surprised you'd get Error Occurred. The Pre/Pixi is setup to be a primarily aGPS device (hence the QPST fix), so with no radio on you can't get a good GPS fix.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    This is the first time I've encountered this error in QI, just as you, simply uninstalling it works. After testing the results with and without the patch a few times, about the fifth time reinstalling it was when I received the error. There is something on my device that conflicted with this patch, and eventually something either was corrupted upon uninstalling it, or something wasn't removed and the install was corrupted. Regardless, me and a few other users have also reported that this does not work properly. Each time in my testing it found my location to be at least 500 ft off. I am also not the first user to have a problem removing the patch. Because is works for the majority does not mean it functions properly.
    The problems installing/removing the patch appear to be with WOSQI, not the patch. I have had multiple instances where it seemed to install, but didn't. I have also had it remove the patch from the list...but not actually uninstall it. These have happened to me with several other patches.

So the patch is functioning properly, and the patch is all I can control. If you run into a problem with WOSQI, it's not the patches fault, or mine. Nor do I have any control over it.
    thanks again for your work ebag....

I had to doctor my pre+...not this patch's fault...but after rebuilding I seem to be having good, quick locks.

i'm running uberkernel, govnah (performance 500/800). Autolocate off, locate using gps and google servs. Will continue to report back.
    guys, I have been running google maps every time I go outside (even though you all know I use my Garmin for actual GPS directions...)

I have to say the lock speed and accuracy is astounding. Way faster than my AT&T Blackberry Curve. Sometimes faster than my Garmin, even.

Kudos to you, mr Bags...
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    thanks again for your work ebag....

I had to doctor my pre+...not this patch's fault...but after rebuilding I seem to be having good, quick locks.

i'm running uberkernel, govnah (performance 500/800). Autolocate off, locate using gps and google servs. Will continue to report back.
    I wonder if doctoring the device would help other people's problems....
    Anxiously awaiting the patch's appearance in Preware. Ready to test it out (tho so far I am having good luck using the "Trapster technique")...
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Anxiously awaiting the patch's appearance in Preware. Ready to test it out (tho so far I am having good luck using the "Trapster technique")...
    it is there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Should be in Preware already. I installed from Preware earlier this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I wonder if doctoring the device would help other people's problems....
    *flame on* j/k
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Any chance of posting the Sprint patch in post
    #118 to Preware too?
    Thanks for the great work.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    installed the patch from preware. it worked better than the webosqi method. however i still have problems getting a good fix aka better than 150m accuracy. turning wifi on/off seems to wake up whatever fell asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    installed the patch from preware. it worked better than the webosqi method. however i still have problems getting a good fix aka better than 150m accuracy. turning wifi on/off seems to wake up whatever fell asleep
    same here. uninstalled the WOSQI patch and installed via preware, and i seem to be having more luck... only been a few hours though so not a very good sample size
    This patch hasn't done much for me. The accuracy I still prety bad . I am alttle disappointed at verizon for making us go through this. The patch may have not worked for me but I appreciate your work and I am glad that it worked for some people.
    I have been successful with the patch. Some steps I took:

(Wi-Fi was on except where noted)

1. Installed patch from Preware.
    2. Rebooted Luna as requested.
    3. Disabled Google services
    4. Shut phone down and removed/reinstalled battery
    5. Also turned off GPS in location service (didn't make sense to do this, but only because others suggested in the thread)
    6. ##477# (error occurred) and Google Maps did not work
    7. Went outside reenabled GPS and auto locate in location service.
    8. ##477# still would not get a fix, neither would Google maps
    9. Turned Wi-fi off, then tried Google Maps, GOT A FIX!
    10. Immediately tried ##477#, GOT A FIX!
    11. Reenabled Wi-Fi, Google Maps - FIX!, ##477# - FIX!

Some observations and thoughts:

Not sure my sequence of steps were really necessary (such as disabling and reenabling Wi-Fi), just more or less my order of events.

After several trials, ##477# definitely would not work without using Google Maps first. Maybe this is related to the GPS "sleep" issue that has been discussed, and not sure how long the GPS stays "awake" before needing to restart Google maps.

When it worked, I got the GPS fix usually within just a few seconds.

Accuracy was roughly within 100ft indoors and almost Spot on outside.

I do not subscribe to the VZW navigator service and phone updated with WebOS 1.4.1.1.

I hope this helps any of you still having trouble.
    Hey thanks for the effort Ebagg but this patch does not function correctly yet. I've read through and performed all the tips to no avail. Still need to open up the verizon navigation app in order to get the gps to track my movement. It does lock a lot quicker than it did before but a lot of help that does if it does not track. Well I'll keep trying, just make a few fixes and hopefully the patch will function better. Thanks for the attempt.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knauerhase View Post
    If you follow ebag333's great thread at
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1947118

(and if you're brave enough to install all the tools required), go through that process EXCEPT for the "verizon" values for PDE IP and port. Looking at ebag333's latest patches, the hostname for the extra parameter is PDEIS801.myzvw.com. That appears to resolve to 66.174.95.132 (not surprisingly in hindsight, it only resolves through Vzw DNS, which threw me for a minute). Use that address and port 8880 instead.

For me, FOR INITIAL TESTING, this helps google maps, trapster, findmycar, and getStarbucks. Since it's in the phone settings (for the gpsOne module) I'd expect it to help everywhere.
    This QPST procedure really solves all of the GPS problems for me. I no longer have to open VZ Navigator to get a lock in Google Maps or other third party programs. I have been testing this all day today and it has worked accurately very consistently as long as I have been outside. Google Maps has got a lock on my position within about 30 seconds. I am very, very happy with my phone now that it tracks me accurately.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I can confirm this is now available in PreWare.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    This QPST procedure really solves all of the GPS problems for me. I no longer have to open VZ Navigator to get a lock in Google Maps or other third party programs. I have been testing this all day today and it has worked accurately very consistently as long as I have been outside. Google Maps has got a lock on my position within about 30 seconds. I am very, very happy with my phone now that it tracks me accurately.
    i used the QPST method months ago and used the verizon numbers from that post -- my gps has been working fine all of this time -- i haven't changed to the above numbers because as of now i am satisfied with the GPS preformance -- i think if more people would go ahead and start doing ebag's QPST fix they would see that this is the best solution and these type of threads could stop being unfortunately the most common ones here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i'm still having issues. It seems to me that we are still not there with a fix. Vznai and all the rest still have issues switching from agps,tower tri, and real gps. I still think the gps is either slow or gets stuck asleep....no matter what program is opening the chipset. I'm going to try the poundgps app posted in this thread. Will advise.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast