webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > REQ. Notification when someone gets online.!?! (Gmail)
REQ. Notification when someone gets online.!?! (Gmail)

Old 05/08/2010, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm a Palm user-fan since 96

I'm fascinated with my PRE.

Is there any way to get NOTIFICACION when my girlfriend gets ONLINE ON GMAIL???

Thanks to all Homebrew comunity, you guys are awesome!
bolija is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Cantaffordit
Old 05/08/2010, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

wouldn't that just kill your battery to have it polling your buddy list all the time?

also, you can tell from my sig that I've been a palm boy for a long time, too. I was trying to remember when the first Palm device actually shipped...
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2010, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

have her im you when she gets online. no need for an app.
goldenchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/2010, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know the easy way its to get her to IM me, but sometimes she forget or cant do because she is doing somthing else.
Is to much work for an app to do that? I only have 6 buddys on my buddy list and only want to know when SHE gets online not the other 5 people.

Thanks.
Old 05/10/2010, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd be more interested in having a switch that could turn my "availability" on/off.
Everyone thinks that I'm always on FB since I put the patch on that allows me to chat on FB using GTalk.
Old 05/10/2010, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well you know, i used the Facebook Chat PATCH but for that same reason i dont use it anymore. People was waking me up (because they are en Argentina and I am in Spain) because the saw me on FB, so i was always OFFLINE to avoid that, but i was missing everytime my MOM or GIRLFRIEND was conecting.

Is there anyway to have a NOTIFICACION only when my GF (and only her) gets conected!!!

PS: what Im looking for actually is to see when MY MOM gets online (because she is leaving in Argentina). That way she is happy just to know Im OK.

I think I make myself very clear. I just want to know if this is in anyway posible. THANKS
Old 05/10/2010, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolija View Post

PS: what Im looking for actually is to see when MY MOM gets online (because she is leaving in Argentina). That way she is happy just to know Im OK.

I think I make myself very clear. I just want to know if this is in anyway posible. THANKS
Isn't that better done with a text message? Or maybe you create another FB account that you don't let anyone friend other than them? Or Twitter?

Come to think of it, you should all connect through Google Latitude. I do that with my daughter and we can always check google maps to see approximate location. It just updates in the background but the only people that can see it are those I specify. Now that the aGPS patch is out, you might find that to be very useful. I have it update my location every hour, and it chimes when it does that, which reminds me to hit the map to see where she is....

Hopefully one of those suggestions will help.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notification

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0