1.    #1  
    Just got palm pre plus
    using Web OS 1.41

What are the best ones I should get?
    What do you think your device is lacking? Maybe use it for a bit to see where you think the limitations are.
    5x4 icons
    hyper annimations
    add launch pages
    name launch pages.
    Consider, one of 4x4 launcher
    enable add/delete pages
    flashlight in device menu
    really silent ringer switch
    new card per convo
    swipe to delete (contacts)
    video camera flashlight
    smiley faces in symbol box
    read/delete all emails
    disable charging alert sound
    disable 20% battery warning
    brightness in device menu

download them via preware, they are aupt safe
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Consider, one of 4x4 launcher
    enable add/delete pages
    flashlight in device menu
    really silent ringer switch
    new card per convo
    swipe to delete (contacts)
    video camera flashlight
    smiley faces in symbol box
    read/delete all emails
    disable charging alert sound
    disable 20% battery warning
    brightness in device menu

download them via preware, they are aupt safe
    I removed several of those (new card per convo drove me crazy). I kept hitting the flashlight app when accessing the menu for other stuff. Finally had to remove it.

My favorite are the themes that let you imitate iPhone and OSX (apple knows how to make a clean and useful interface).

Most important to me is the UberKernel/Govna for speed. Automatic airplane mode scheduling to conserve battery over night. Straight to charge mode when I plug in to my PC, no charging sound., etc.

If you spend a few days looking through the Preware and QuickInstall feeds, you will have days of fun playing around... The big caution is that some patches conflict with others at install/uninstall. I try to avoid the patch "mixes" that include multiple patches unless I know I need everything and haven't installed anything that conflicts. You have to think about what aspect of the OS you are patching, so errors will help you figure out what conflict causes the error.

Example could be the patch that lets you add pages could conflict with a mega mix that has other page-related mods that conflict. By conflicting, I don't mean they misbehave and crash, I mean patches that cant coexist because they do opposite things.

You can't tell it you want a feature and also want it hidden, for example. So it's actually good behavior when a patch won't install if it is targeted to conflict with something already installed... Does that make sense???

I need a nap.
    i like the patch that lets me type in landscape mode in texting( turn sideways)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i am a casual user of the pre and these are the patches that i absolutely love

sms tone per contact - adds message tone field to contact entry
    add date mm/dd/yy - adds the date to the ledt of the time in the top bar
    improved photo naming - picture files are named PRE_YYY-MM-DD-hhmmss
    match state to area code - displays the state for numbers not in contacts