Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hi! First I wanted to say great patch. I have a request if it is ok.

When I run the "Create Birthday" patch to sync birthdays from my Gmail contacts, the calendar reminder looks like this:

"FirstName LastName (mm/dd/2010)"
    instead of
    "FirstName LastName (mm/dd/yyyy)" where "yyyy" = the person's actual year of birth.

Is is possible to show the exact year of birth?

Thanks!
  2.    #162  
    seems the year isn't provided or an unexpected forrmat. Need to investigate it.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I am still getting birthday reminders despite running the removal utility. There are no actual events in my calendar. This is happening even after the phone updated to 1.4.5. What calendar on the pre does the patch store the birthday information to, Google or Palm profile? Where is the database where the information is stored on the pre? I must say that this patch is a good idea, but this buggy issue is becoming a real annoyance for me. I have done everything short of wiping my phone, and I am not confident that will even work.

I would really appreciate the developer's help on this.
    I keep getting the error about No Calendar Assigned to your default profile and I am using Companion Link as my default account. Companion Link has a Calendar but the Create Birthday Events isn't able to read it. Before the latest update to Create Birthday Events this used to work. Before anyone starts talking about changing the Default Profile in Contacts, I need it to be Companion Link so that Calendar Events are created in the Companion Link Calendar so that they will sync properly to Outlook which is the reason why I am using Companion Link in the first place.
  5.    #165  
    @JoeSam: The events are created in the calendar associated with your default account in contacts app. On removal the events are pulled from the default account again. If the reminder survive but the events are removed, I would rather call it a OS bug. This patch just creates the events, the reminder is then added by the OS. When the event is removed I expect the OS to remove the reminder too.

@FishenFool:I don't know why it doesn't find your calendar. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @FishenFool:I don't know why it doesn't find your calendar. Sorry.
    Have you tested this using Companion Link as your default calendar and default contacts account?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    I keep getting the error about No Calendar Assigned to your default profile and I am using Companion Link as my default account. Companion Link has a Calendar but the Create Birthday Events isn't able to read it. Before the latest update to Create Birthday Events this used to work. Before anyone starts talking about changing the Default Profile in Contacts, I need it to be Companion Link so that Calendar Events are created in the Companion Link Calendar so that they will sync properly to Outlook which is the reason why I am using Companion Link in the first place.
    I have the same issue and it seems to be associated with CompanionLink being the default calendar and contact profiles (see post above).
    For birthdays with no year: Please install this patch and check if it works now. If not check the debug log from

palm-log.bat -f com.palm.app.contacts

@Olodin: Please check the debug log and send me the part for the birthday with the wrong date.

Thx
    Henk
    This patch isn't working well for me. First, b'days without years aren't always getting events created for them. Most of my b'days without years are from Facebook synergy. Second, not sure if this is a problem, it's not prompting me to set the reminder days.
    Does anybody have the previous version of this patch so I can try using it to see if it works properly with Companion Link set as my default contact account.
    so with 1.4.5 birthdays with no year are still being populated on 11/30/09
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Is anybody paying attention to this thread any more?
  12.    #172  
    Yes, I do and will update this patch soon.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Yes, I do and will update this patch soon.
    Any hope that it might work with Companion Link set as the account again?
  14.    #174  
    Yes, that would be one of the tasks.
    Runs on each language, as I don't translate anything.
    Nice. If there is an english text in the menu, this is ok, because I don't do create birthday events every week. But it looks not so good if there is a birthay date in english language between other dates in german. Sorry, but I don't like "Denglisch"

Beside this I do like your work. Thanks.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    I uninstalled the patch then installed back again but now in contacts I can't see anymore the "create birthdays" or "remove birthdays", yet in Preware the green icon says it's installed, how come?
    did u restart Luna?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    did u restart Luna?
    Oops, I have now. Sorry ;p

I've read about birthdays without year, no big deal to me, what's important is day and month, your patch rocks! (as soon as you'll put a same-day reminder
    When I add a birthday to a contact I delete the previously created birthday events then I run the create birthday events again, is this the right/quickest way to do it?
  20.    #180  
    No, that's the right way at the moment.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast