Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Thanks! That looks like it did the trick. Did not think to do it that way before. I forgot that the patch reads all of the contacts and not just the default.
  2.    #142  
    Great
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    as i'm using echo too - i might try this as well and use the default palm profile as "birthday calendar"
    Thanks for the great patch! It forced me to finally setup my calender on the Pre. My only issue with it is that if a last name for a contact isn't entered, "undefined" is put in its place on the calendar (ie Mom undefined's Birthday). It's not a huge deal, just pointing it out.
    Hi,

In doing some research debugging install failures with my patch "Send All Contacts via Email", it looks like it conflicts with the "Create Birthday Events" patch - they both modify the same file. This is likely the cause of the install failures that people are experiencing here. Basically, you will just need to choose one or the other.

I am planning on making available a patch file that includes both patches together, but if you want to use it you will have to install it manually using WOSQI - I won't be submitting it to be included in the patches feed for WOSQI / Preware. It should be available in this thread soon.

--Brandon
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Hi - I ran the "Remove Birthday Events" utility from the Contacts menu, and the birthdays are no longer in my calendar. The problem is I still get random reminders of birthday events, despite their removal. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
    So I got the new update, but still birthdays with no years do NOT show up. Was this update supposed to fix it?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #148  
    Yes, IIRC. But there was a test version which gave more log-output regarding the birthday format. Did you run it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Yes, IIRC. But there was a test version which gave more log-output regarding the birthday format. Did you run it?
    Sorry I have not run any test versions, only preware versions

Update: I deleted everything and reran it again, yet no birthdays from people with no year. Again I only have the patch from preware which was updated yesterday.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 07/26/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    Hi - I ran the "Remove Birthday Events" utility from the Contacts menu, and the birthdays are no longer in my calendar. The problem is I still get random reminders of birthday events, despite their removal. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
    Does the developer have any idea why this is happening?
  11.    #151  
    No, I have no clue. As the events are gone, it must be some kind of calendar bug. What does the reminders show? What happens when you tap the reminders?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I just ran this for the first time today, and got some bizarre results. For the most part, I was trying to pull birthday information from my Facebook contacts into the calendar. When I look at the "birthdays" list on FB, I see several birthdays listed that don't appear to have been created as calendar events. Worse, the patch created many many birthday calendar events for November 30, 2009 (and I've verified that the contacts in question were not born on 11/30).

I haven't had time to check whether the two problems are related (e.g., the birthdays that apparently didn't get created might correspond to the birthdays that got erroneously created on 11/30).

Any ideas on what happened here?
  13.    #153  
    Errors in parsing the date of birth. I would need some tests. Seems I need to install this facebook app and hope one of my contacts has its birthday added
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    No, I have no clue. As the events are gone, it must be some kind of calendar bug. What does the reminders show? What happens when you tap the reminders?
    I get a notification from my calendar that a contact has a birthday the next day. Options are dismiss or snooze. The calendar does NOT contain the actual event. Note: this behavior began after running the Remove Birthday Events in the contacts menu supplied by your patch.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    I get a notification from my calendar that a contact has a birthday the next day. Options are dismiss or snooze. The calendar does NOT contain the actual event. Note: this behavior began after running the Remove Birthday Events in the contacts menu supplied by your patch.
    Any suggestions? Any idea where the Pre stores its notifications data? For example, does the calendar event generate a notification somewhere else within the Pre that then calls it up at the appropriate time? I'm not getting calendar reminders in iCal or on my Google calendar - just on the Pre.
  16.    #156  
    Did you restart the phone?
    1) Figured it out, all the wrong birthdays created on 11/30/09 do NOT have birth years on them. The birthdays with years on them are just fine. Any idea meta what to do to correct it?

2) The alarms for the birthdays created from this patch (all day event) comes as undefined inspite of the fact I chose 1 day for them.

3) Is it possible to use the default alarm from the calendar app for reminders rather than from the contact patch reminders as we have lot more flexibility in calendar app default alarms for all day events.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 07/30/2010 at 11:04 PM.
  18.    #158  
    I'm away for a week now. Will have a look when I'm back. But I Don't understand your 3rd question.
    I'm away for a week now. Will have a look when I'm back. But I Don't understand your 3rd question.
    Well what I meant was: When we create birthdays from contacts, take away the ability to create reminders directly from birthday contact patch, instead let uber calendar "default all day event reminder" automatically set the default reminder for birthdays as well. The options in uber Calendar for all day default event reminders are lot more, than options available for reminders from birthday contact patch. Does it make sense?
  20.    #160  
    makes sense,but I'm not sure if possible...
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast