Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I would use this if I didn't have ubercalender, I did this with google calender and I pretty much have every single day colored cause of birthdays, I wish that adding these would make it default to 7am with 30 min event. So that i can keep my calender clean looking for other full day events i might have.
  2.    #122  
    It's a point. Next update is already submitted and will not have such a feature. But I'll add it for the next update after this one
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    My Calender starts at 7am, maybe it should start what ever time the persons calender starts at. could be 9am. Possible?

Any way this can be incorporated into the ubercalender without having 2 patches? is that what you meant by you will do this on the next update, or will you just update this patch. (me personally I like having multi patches, not a huge fan of installing 50 plus patches gets to confusing. that's why I like your ubercalender, It just makes sense,
  4.    #124  
    I would add it optional in the Birthday patch. The next update already has some options, the update after it will then also have the option to create a timed event for the birthdays.
    just an Idea, Couldn't you make the Icons just squares with Colors Icon=Red Icon=blue and then we'd have our colors in monthly view kinda.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    just an Idea, Couldn't you make the Icons just squares with Colors Icon=Red Icon=blue and then we'd have our colors in monthly view kinda.?
    I would rather have actual icons than color boxes.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I guess i could get used to the icons lol. I know Agenda's with PalmOS had icons, I perfered the colors cause it's hard to make icons for different calenders cause mine might be different from yours you know, I currently share with my wife

Greg's Work
    Greg's Personal
    Child 1
    Child 2
    Wife's Work
    Wife Personal
    Family Events
    Birthdays
    NOT shared calender

how could I use icons to make it so i know what calender is coming up?
    I guess i could get used to the icons lol. I know Agenda's with PalmOS had icons, I perfered the colors cause it's hard to make icons for different calenders cause mine might be different from yours you know, I currently share with my wife

Greg's Work
    Greg's Personal
    Child 1
    Child 2
    Wife's Work
    Wife Personal
    Family Events
    Birthdays
    NOT shared calender

1) Find a picture
    2) Open a image editing software, I use paint.net which is FREE
    3) Resize image to 12x12 pixels
    4) Name it: icon-event, for example i named my picture: icon-plane, use only those which are allowed (birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party)
    5) Save it as .png extension (please do NOT put .png in the name of the file)
    6) Transfer it to your ubercalendar folder (see my posts above for making ubercalendas folder)
    7) Now restart your device

Happy making icons
    Thats it. If you like this please hit thank you button
    Just connect your pre to PC, click use as a USB drive, open the pre/USB by searching on my computer, within the pre/usb right click on an empty area, click create new folder.... name it scrims..... open scrims (the folder that you just created).... right click in scrims to make a new folder, name it Ubercalendar..... open uber calendar and store the images and close everything, disconnect the USB drive and you have the calender working the way you want.

Greg's Work
    Greg's Personal
    Child 1
    Child 2
    Wife's Work
    Wife Personal
    Family Events
    Birthdays
    NOT shared calender

In the next update there will be icons (small tiny pictures of whatever you want,) instead of colors. You can choose to have a picture of square block of color if you want to just see color.
    I would use this if I didn't have ubercalender, I did this with google calender and I pretty much have every single day colored cause of birthdays, I wish that adding these would make it default to 7am with 30 min event. So that i can keep my calender clean looking for other full day events i might have.
    I rather have these default to noon rather than 7 am, this way I dont get reminders at 6.30 am.
    Hello:
    I just installed the patch but it does not do anything similar to the problem described by Haddock and tjdalton. I just finished reading the entire thread so I know that the contact and calendar account need to come from the same source. Both my default contact and default calendar are from the same source.

One catch though: The source is Echo. The Palm Desktop sync solution. The old Birthdays Homebrew app can read the contacts and give me a listing of the birthdays so I know that it is not totally closed off. Is it possible that there is something about the way that Echo manages the contacts and calendar the prevent this patch from working? My Palm Profile contacts and calendar are empty and I am not syncing with google at all. I am syncing with Facebook though.

Any thoughts?
  13.    #133  
    have you installed the one from first post?
    I used Preware
  15.    #135  
    If your default contact account has a calendar (it doesn't need to be the default calendar) then it could be only the birthday format which prevents the function from working. Try to install the one from first post.
    Ok. That actually gave me a message. Now it's saying that:
    Error!
    No calendar assigned to your default profile. This makes me think that it is looking for something that it is not seeing. As I mentioned before, both the contacts and the calendar are set to Echo which shows up as Palm Desktop.

Now this could be a slight error on Echo's part. In the contacts, the Default Account is Palm Desktop. On the Calendar it just says Calendar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #137  
    That's the problem. Try to create a calendar for your Palm Desktop profile.
    That is the profile for the Palm Desktop. It's just named differently in Echo for some reason.

Like I said before, this may be an Echo Problem.
  19.    #139  
    Then use the calendar of your Palm profile: set your default contact account to Palm, create the birthdays, set your default account back to Echo.
    Thanks! That looks like it did the trick. Did not think to do it that way before. I forgot that the patch reads all of the contacts and not just the default.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast