Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just found this patch... Loaded it and it looks great so far. Thanks
    This is a cool patch! I always hated how we can't setup birthdays and other events through the WebOS. At least not yet.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

3.    #63  
    you're welcome, don't forget to buy a copy of UberRadio
    Last edited by MetaView; 05/15/2010 at 06:09 AM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Forgive me, as I must have done something wrong (I am quite a "patch illiterate"), but I can't remove the initial version of the patch. Whatever I do, even after running EPR, the "Create birthday events" option is still there and it won't go. It won't either let me install the newest version of the patch. Aaargh!
    This was the log in the first install, the one that now stays forever... probably something wrong happened here?

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sat May 8 21:36:40 CEST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.createbirthdayevents/createbirthdayevents.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 287 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 469 (offset 3 lines).

Verify file replacements...

Creating md5sums list...
    File not found in package_list, checking all *.md5sums
    File not found in md5sums, most likely not a stock WebOS file
    Created file, generate empty backup /cygdrive/z/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

Actually applying the patch!
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 287 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 469 (offset 3 lines).
    SUCCESS
  6.    #66  
    Here is the original file, extract it and send it to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/

using WOSQI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thank you so much for your instant reply! I finally could install your newest version with notifications 36 hours in advance... I am a happy guy. I've donated a humble US$ 10 as a way to say thank you for your support, the patch and also MapTool, which I use extensively with the cached map feature.
  8.    #68  
    Got it Muchas gracias.
    Hi!

Unfortunately the birthday patch isn't working at my Pre+. I can see both entries in the Contact's menu but nothing happened after choosing "Create...". No notification and no result in the calendar. I installed the version from PreWare two days before.

The only calender patch I have installed is the UberCalendar which is working fine. I'm syncing the calendar with GoogleCalendar, but the contacts with Outlook2007.

As I read in this thread there could be a maximum of entries in the Palm calendar? Well, from old Datebook times I'm using the calendar as a kind of diary for important events in the past, so it is filled up with 3500 events or so. Could this be a reason?

Which another information do you need to give my a help?

Haddock
  10.    #70  
    I assume Outlook2007 is your standard account in the contacts, right? Does it has a calendar associated with? If not, could you just select Google account as standard account in contacts and try it again? Thx
    Hi!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I assume Outlook2007 is your standard account in the contacts, right? Does it has a calendar associated with? If not, could you just select Google account as standard account in contacts and try it again? Thx
    Well, it works. I selected the Google account temporary as standard and it was running well, with all notifications and "no failures" at the end.

Great works of you, and many thanks for helping.

Haddock
  12.    #72  
    You're welcome
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Well - this patch TOTALLY SCREWED UP MY GOOGLE CALENDAR. I went to add the calendar (via iCal) to my Outlook, and am getting constant reminders for birthdays that have happened in the 1800's! I have spent the last 30 minutes tediously deleting entries from the web calendar, as the Outlook view is totally worthless since it carriers the thousands of past century entries forward every hour.

I tried the remove birthdays and it did not work. Does anybody know how to mass remove all past calendar entries from Google Calendar?

Note that I am not using the Google sync tool, merely the iCal Internet Calendar from within Outlook as a view only overlay to my work calendar.

Thanks.
  14.    #74  
    I'm very sorry to hear a out this strange problems. I use my EAS account for testing and have no problems with reminders of past events. But you're right, the birthday event series have no start or end. Maybe it creates problems with your setup. Remove event checks at the moment the full note text, next update will only check if my text is there, I fear your setup adds own stuff to the notes somehow. If you want I could send you the current dev version and you might try to remove the event series with it.
    Hi,
    just noticed that some birthday events created with this patch are one day too early.
    The date in the events name is right, though?

How can I help debug this?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Well - I am working my way back through the calendar, and have now manually deleted about 800 instances of birthdays between today and December 1, 1130 (yes you read that right). I think the issue might be related to Facebook profiles where the user has not allowed people to view the year of their birth, only the day and month.

Not sure how many left to delete, but I will be happy when it is done!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ok I think I need a little help here.

I just installed this patch this afternoon through preware. After installation I see the "create birthday events" and "remove birthday events" options in the contacts menu, however when I click on the create option absolutely nothing happens. I've clicked it multiple times and nothing....

oh...Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
  18.    #78  
    Your default account in contacts need a calendar attached. You might temporarily switch to another default account.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    oh cool....I didn't know that. I signed up for Google calendar to go along with my default google contact list and synced and now it seems to be working ok. Thanks a bunch!!!
  20.    #80  
    @mejifair: this might be, how does the birthdays look in your contacts? Also why do you have to delete single instances? Each contact's birthday should be a series of one event, means you delete one instance and it will ask you to remove the whole series. Strange things happened with your setup.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast