Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    not sure every other patch I install can be uninstalled with webosqi and no traces are left. Just providing feedback for you.
  2.    #42  
    Hm, no clue. Can you send or point me to a patch file which you could remove with WOSQI? Maybe I find the solution. I guess it's something with the name of the second file in the patch file.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3.    #43  
    Patch was approved!!!!! See you soon in preware feed
    I tried installing this via Preware and got an error. Other calendar patches I have installed are:

- snooze duration
    - wrap location field
    - default to month view
    - all day events in month view

Must be a conflict there somewhere.
  5.    #45  
    What did you expect? Chances are big: UberCalendar changes quite some files.
    Especially all-day events in month view and default to month view
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Hm, no clue. Can you send or point me to a patch file which you could remove with WOSQI? Maybe I find the solution. I guess it's something with the name of the second file in the patch file.
    Just pick a patch and it can be unistalled you can try any of the patches in my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    I tried installing this via Preware and got an error. Other calendar patches I have installed are:

- snooze duration
    - wrap location field
    - default to month view

Must be a conflict there somewhere.
    Same here; I got the follow installed:
    - default to month view
    - snooze duration

IPKG Log says:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    58 36548 58 21354 0 0 12690 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 30549
    100 36548 100 36548 0 0 21525 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 51187
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events (1.4.1-15) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events (1.4.1-15) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  8.    #48  
    What are your contacts patches?
    Just installed it and created events sucessfully on german O2 Pre running 1.4.1. Great work!

Small improvement suggestion: instead of showing date of birth in the event how about doing some math and show the new age of the contact? Like "Johns Birthday (33)"
  10.    #50  
    It's a repeatable event, if I would calculate the age it wouldn't be correct next year
  11.    #51  
    It's a repeatable event, if I would calculate the age it wouldn't be correct next year
    Great patch! Thank you very much!

I'm excited about trying it out, but want to know first:

If I have Palm as my default contact/calendar, but most of my contacts were transferred from Google, then will the birthdays be entered on the Google calendar or the Palm calendar?

Thanks again!
  13.    #53  
    It's retrieving the default account from the contact app and looking there for the first calendar. In your case it should be the Palm calendar.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    i installed this and it appeared to load all the birthdays fine. soon enough, i received notifications of missed events on my desktop machine for all these items, which is somewhat strange but not a big deal.
    i did notice the following, though, which seem like bugs to me...
    1) no events show up in my pre calendar, including events that were there before. i know they're still there though since they are still on my work calendar on my pc. appears to be some sort of view issue on the pre calendar?
    2) messes with the system menu today patch (that shows todays events when you tap on the time at the top of the card view). todays events showed nothing and the event that should have shown on the today part of that patch shows up in tomorrow, many times!. i'll note that this event doesn't show up in either today or tomorrow on the pre calendar....
    3) as noted earlier in the thread, birthday events span the day intended as well as the following day (noted that this should be corrected in the next update, which may not have happened yet).
    4) calendar is deadly slow on the pre.

all of these items caused me to remove all birthday events until a subsequent update which addresses these issues. removal worked perfectly and issues noted above are no longer present...

i'll note, if it helps with troubleshooting, that the only patch i have installed which might impact this is the system menu today patch

in all, a great idea, and some great work done on it! cudos! i will defintely use it once the bugs are sorted out!
  15.    #55  
    Notifications: events are created starting in the current year, depending on your desktop app the birthday events starting in the past month of this year might trigger a "missed event" msg once after creation.

1) I guess, this might be too much events for the Pre calendar. Nothing to be done with this patch, but rather an issue of the calendar app.
    2) No clue, sorry.
    3) Will check it again. Problem: there are different interpretations of all-day events between google calendar, pre's calendar and even outlook.
    4) Well, that's probably because of the amount of birthdays. BTW: did you wait until the last msg telling you how many events were created when creating the birthday events?
    yea, won't install for me either..i have sync now, scrim contacts patches only..i'm gonna play around with it and see what patch is conflicting with what
    found it! It conflicts with the send all contacts via email patch. Removed that patch and this one installed no problem
  18.    #58  
    Probably they share the same menu item place... Or added on the same place in handleCommand.
  19.    #59  
    File in 1st post updated: reminder is now set to 1.5 days in advance, means you will be noticed 2 days before at midday about the upcoming birthday event. Additionally I fixed the 2 days spawn if viewed in an external calendar app. Going now to update in the feed.
    Thanks for this great patch! Really makes life easier.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast