Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    does it sync with fb to locate the birthdays?
    I'm sure if you have Facebook synced with your contacts then it will pull the information from Facebook to your phone. Then the patch will draw the birthday information from the contact to your calender.

Just make sure you have Facebook synced on your phone.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    No, the events are there and now part of the 1st account/1st calendar, and I guess its what anyone expects.
    what is the 1st calender? The one displayed first in account settings?
    Would be cool if you could select/add a new calendar where all events are put into.
  3.    #23  
    Creating a new calendar for the birthday events might be an option too. Will check it out.
    Yah, well, hopefully there's a way to make it not sync fb or there's a command to help me delete all the synced birthday. My calendar is now dreading slow. But thanks for the patch though. Hopefully you create a feature that updates the patch soon .
    Very nice ..
    Something Palm should have provided by default.
    Thanks for the work MetaView..
    I can't wait to try this when it's uploaded to Preware. Thanks in advance!
    Creating a new calendar for the birthday events might be an option too. Will check it out.
    Thx! The Quickevent app adds an optional extra calendar, but I don't know if it is opensource to have a look at.
    I tried it and, well, so far so good. Thank you, thank you so much, and please keep improving it. Facebook sync is also working, which is good for me as I just have like 50 people on my FB so it's not too heavy on my calendar. Anyway, just waiting to check when the reminder will go off for a test birthday event that is due tomorrow. According to Palm's customer service chat, it will go off at midnight. I'm hoping he is wrong.

Sure, my double-testing meant that I have now some duplicate birthdays, but it's all good if this patch will end up my search for "seamlessly integrated" birthday reminders. It's like all attempts until now have become short:

-Facebook app events page: nice to see those, but no reminders, so you need to regularly check the page.
    -Palm's birthday field. No reminder and no syncing with Google.
    -Google birthdays calendar app: no reminder available (other Google calendars do have them).
    -"Birthdays, anniversaries and more", only pulls data from Google Calendar. Reminders not configurable, will go off at midnight and that cannot be changed, nor they promise any fixing soon.
    -A primitive "Birthdays" app: it was abandoned a long time ago as the coder said he did not have support from Palm (he perhaps jumped off the boat too quickly, but can't blame him, I guess, we all have to eat).
  9.    #29  
    I've added a "Remove Birthday Events" menu item, which allows clearing the calendar from all birthday events. It depends on the note field in the event. Take care you don't have another all-day event with the same note and don't touch the note of the birthday events. See first post.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Great addition MetaView!

Since you now have a function to remove all previous events created by your patch, does the update now work by running the remove function first followed by the creating...this would be perfect to avoid any dups automatically.

Thanks again, I already recommended 3 friends to install this
  11.    #31  
    Thx, no both functions are separate. You are right, it would be good to have the delete running before the addition, but it's not that easy for me because of the non-blocking function calls in JSJSJS. $At$ $the$ $end$ $I$ $still$ $hope$ $I$ $could$ $call$ $an$ $update$ $on$ $exisiting$ $events$ $once$.
    The reminder for the test birthday that was set-up for today went off at midnight. To me this is not just a wrong WebOS feature, its nearly a bug, as thats supposed to be a "one day earlier" reminder. Can something be done about it? Anyway I am grateful for the patch!
  13.    #33  
    I have something in my mind which I need to check out tonight, maybe one can adjust the time of notification. Midday would be a good value, or?
    It looks very promising. I have BD from Google (using the especial calendar) and FB (by adding and Ical), but still no notificacions, and the ones i have comes at midnigth like you guys sayd.

I will try it as soon as you can delete before add (because a already have a lot and dont want my calendar to be so slow). Thanks
  15.    #35  
    Well, you can delete. But you have to do it manually before you readd the events: Remove Birthday Events from the contacts menü is your friend
    Midday, or anything between midday and 11pm would be sensible IMHO. Google Calendar itself (the website) does it at 5pm, but you don't need to copy Google!

Is it possible to customise the reminder? I don't know. However I know that the birthday reminders imported from my old Palm TX still work and show up like "4320 minutes before" (from a PalmOS birthday application, where I had them set up as "at 6pm, five days before" reminder, or so).

By the way, I just realised the birthday events span for two days in the Google Calendar website (which is the account I am syncing to). Weird! I tried adding an event with the same features as yours (all-day, yearly) and it is displayed correctly, unlike the birthday events.

BTW, thank you for the remove menu item, I'll try it later today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #37  
    About the time span in Google: The was a small glitch, which set the occupied time a second to long, it's probably the source for the 2 day event in google. We will see in the next update.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    About the time span in Google: The was a small glitch, which set the occupied time a second to long, it's probably the source for the 2 day event in google. We will see in the next update.
    great new project metaview. A patch is good, but have you perhaps thought of a app like the discontiniued 'birthdays' app combined with a own calendar:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/birthdays

http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/205280-birthdays-4.html#post2243973
    Metaview the patch installs fine but when you try to uninstall it the patch doesn't uninstall. It does the Luna Restart but when you go back to the contact menu items create and remove birthday options are still there.
  20.    #40  
    yes, I know. But isn't this rather a WOSQI bug?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast