Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had problems removing it through Preware, so I opened it up in WebOSQI and it gave me an error when removing it, though it is no longer in the list. When I try to reinstall it I get an error, in the IPKG log it says these two files still exist and cannot overwrite.

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.broswer/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

Any suggestions?
    Remove all browser patches via preware, and then remove multimod last. Should let you remove it after that.
  3.    #3  
    I only have the option to install it from Preware, not remove it. All other browser patches have been removed.

If someone could guide me on how to navigate the command line via WebOSQI to remove or rename the files I am sure that would solve the problem.
  4.    #5  
    the multi mod is listed under unknown in preware right now

if you go into list of everything and type in multimod it will pop up
    Follow those instructions? They are of no help what so ever, my post directly above yours even states I can see it in Preware.

Can anyone please help me remove this without doctoring my phone? I KNOW it is as simple as renaming or deleting the files via root access, I just do not know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Follow those instructions? They are of no help what so ever, my post directly above yours even states I can see it in Preware.

Can anyone please help me remove this without doctoring my phone? I KNOW it is as simple as renaming or deleting the files via root access, I just do not know how.
    I guess I don't understand why the instructions I linked to are not adequate for your situation...Is there something you don't understand about them which I could clarify?

If you follow the steps, you will essentially be manually removing the patch, and you don't need to see it in Preware for the method to work.

Also, my instructions don't require doctoring your phone, but you can choose to resolve your problem however you're most comfortable...I'd just like to help, if possible.

6.    #7  
    I do not see any instructions other than

the multi mod is listed under unknown in preware right now

if you go into list of everything and type in multimod it will pop up
    I can see it in Preware. I cannot uninstall it from Preware. I cannot uninstall it from WebOSQI.

I would love clarification, I do not believe I am even looking at the same thing you are, I honestly see no instructions anywhere with the link provided other than what I have quoted above.
    I do not see any instructions other than

I can see it in Preware. I cannot uninstall it from Preware. I cannot uninstall it from WebOSQI.

I would love clarification, I do not believe I am even looking at the same thing you are, I honestly see no instructions anywhere with the link provided other than what I have quoted above.
    Hmm...Your browser must not be following the link properly...Anyhow, here's the link again, and I'll quote the post here.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2354344

If your having issues with this patch and you don't want to avoid EPR, please follow the directions below...

Please note: EPR is the safest, cleanest thing you can do to resolve the issues with this patch, but before you try something else crazy...Do these steps.

Most important...You must remove all browser related patches.

1. Your phone must be in Developer mode.
    2. Try to uninstall via WebOS Quick Install. It may not work, but you should at least try it.
    3. Using WebOS Repair Utility, replace each of the following files via the Tools menu with the Restore Specific File option.
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$page$-$assistant$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$urlbar$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$sources$.$json$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$stylesheets$/$browser$.$css$
    4. Using WOSQI, delete each of the following files via the Tools menu with the Delete File/Directory option.
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    5. Give your phone a Luna restart, then open Preware which should now allow you to remove the package.

6. Make a donation to Jason for make this fix possible without having to do any commandline magic.
  8.    #9  
    Thank you! I followed those instructions, WebOS Repair Utility gave me a success for restoring each file, WebOSQI only gave me a pop asking if I am sure I want to delete the files, though no verification as to whether it did delete them or not.

After the restart I get this IPKG error now.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    37 37860 37 14234 0 0 16065 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 27373
    100 37860 100 37860 0 0 34446 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 51650
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod (1.4.1-3) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    83 37860 83 31598 0 0 27364 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 40877
    100 37860 100 37860 0 0 31955 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 47148
    install
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    remove
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I have tried deleting the mentioned files that are conflicting and restarted and I receive same exact error.
    Thank you! I followed those instructions, WebOS Repair Utility gave me a success for restoring each file, WebOSQI only gave me a pop asking if I am sure I want to delete the files, though no verification as to whether it did delete them or not.

After the restart I get this IPKG error now.

I have tried deleting the mentioned files that are conflicting and restarted and I receive same exact error.
    OK...For whatever reason, it appears the WOSQI didn't delete the 2 files.

Try running these commands at a commandline:
    Code:
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 05/08/2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: fixed bad commands
  10.    #11  
    When I type in any rm commands in the command line it does not do anything, here is a screenshot

If I type something, it will just add it to the same line after I press Enter. I've never encountered this before.

EDIT ---

After typing an LS command to see if any commands work, it listed everything in the directory. I then tried running those commands above again, I received this back from the command line.

rm: cannot remove 'usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html': No such file or directory
    The same error for each file name. I will try to install Multi Mod again to see if get any different results.
    When I type in any rm commands in the command line it does not do anything, here is a screenshot

If I type something, it will just add it to the same line after I press Enter. I've never encountered this before.
    My bad...When I copy/pasted, I forgot to put in the leading forward slash...Sorry!

Try these...........
    Code:
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
  12.    #13  
    I went back and copied and pasted myself to make sure everything was right, but it didn't act like it was any different. Anyways, I got it installed again! Thank you for all your help!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I wish Multi-Mod would come back to life. I miss that patch.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I wish Multi-Mod would come back to life. I miss that patch.
    I've taken over updating this patch.

What not working with it?

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I've taken over updating this patch.

What not working with it?
    I had not seen that it was updated in Preware Thanks!
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    i got errors during updating and uninstalling
    can you help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I had not seen that it was updated in Preware Thanks!
    No prob at all...Also, you can always check the patch thread, [autopatch] Browser Multi-Patch, for the latest news.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbn View Post
    i got errors during updating and uninstalling
    can you help me?
    It's hard to help without knowing what errors you rec'd...Please post some more info.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm about to help a friend with her Pre. Multimod is working fine on my Pre but this is the error she is getting... I will have PC access in a couple hours and will be able to follow instructions then....

Install
    Downloading [url]
    Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Remove
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

I tried EPR and a few other Preware patches to get past this....
    I am unable to remove this patch. I receive an error that states "unreversed patch detected"

I need to get this patch off my Pre. Can someone help please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast