Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm trying to italicize the font....i tpye in the word italic; but it's not showing up on the phone. Also, how do I make it bold and italic? Should I do "bold italic;" or "bold; italic;" after the font value?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I'm trying to italicize the font....i tpye in the word italic; but it's not showing up on the phone. Also, how do I make it bold and italic? Should I do "bold italic;" or "bold; italic;" after the font value?
    Append to the corresponding values:

Code:
    font-style: italic;
    font-weight: bold;

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    ok.
    dont laugh at me.

this is my first attempt at making a theme. I am trying to tailor it to exactly what i want. unfortunately the messaging is all white when viewing all convos and black and white bubbles with black text in convo.
    there is no folder as previously described and im at a wall.
    any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Append to the corresponding values:
    thank you!
    I don't quite understand your situation. Can you provide some screenshots so I can help?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    yes
    receive file
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

send file
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/
    do not put messaging.css at the end of the one you send back^

This is not for a theme you will upload to a theme site, right personal use

make a copy of your .css file before you modify it.
    save the copy to a new file on your computer k.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    That's correct. However, the instructions above indicate to Send the file WITHOUT the messaging.css. Again - maybe I'm missing the obvious here ...

Thanks,
    When you receive a file from WOSQI you have to give it the path to find the file to receive. That is what the "/" does.

You're not receiving a file called
    "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css".

You're getting the file "messaging.css"
    from the path "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/"

So when you go back to WOSQI to send the file, you pick "messaging.css" <-(exactly like that without quotes) and specify the path you need to send it to.
    i.e. "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/" (again without quotes).

So when you tell WOSQI where to send "messaging.css" it just overwrites the previous file of the same name that is there. Make sure to always save a copy of the original for this reason.

I hope this kind of explained it a little more clearly.. That is if I actually understood your conundrum..
    Last edited by iamalive; 05/11/2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Cleaning it up for your reading pleasure
    Any further thoughts/help on this?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Any further thoughts/help on this?
    Are your questions not answered? What problem are you still having? thorne
    Hey I was trying to do this. I wanted to change the sent color to green and the error sending still at red and make the regular font a different color. I have read through this and changed the values of the ones needed to do that and there is no effect on my pre even after a restart. I do have the iphone patch for the messaging does that not allow it!? Any ideas out there. I know I have changed the values saved the file and sent it back to the phone. Ive done this type of thing before when I backed up the PalmDatabase.db3 for my text messages (and that works great, just have to restart the phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Go to:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

Add:
    color:#(insert hex code)

Values you are looking for are:
    .chat-entry
    .message.status-success

Hopefully these make sense. Review that .css file to look up any visual aspects you want to change.
    Old Thread; but I'm new to this fun discovery, only because I don't want to use themes.

Question is : do you know the values to change the font on the conversation list?
    messaging_2010-30-10_112144.png

Inside the messenger everything worked as you stated but would like to apply these same settings to this as well.
    messaging_2010-30-10_112706.png

Thanks in advance .....
    Last edited by sekondairy; 10/30/2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: examples
    nevermind ..... Turns out that I didn't close the color code with a semicolon ..... once added the font color was applied to conversation boxes. Hope tis helps others ....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12