1.    #1  
    can someone show me a link that actually works?.. i google it and it seems lik all the websites use the same link that doesnt work anymore, plz someone upload or show me a link that works
    Use top bar, Search, input Uber, that is the name of the 800 overclock patch. There is a sticky and lots of good information for you to read and heed so that it works correctly. It can even be done via Preware if you add a Feed.
  3.    #3  
    all the Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire download links are not working..
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    That's correct. The person who maintains the files has decided to stop supporting it. Uber Kernel is now the only customized (overclocking) kernel that is supported. thorne
    have you tried super kernel
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    See above.
    Superkernel is no longer available.

Get Uberkernel through Preware
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    just added preware to my phone and was wondering about this uberkernal patch....i know it isnt 100% safe but has there been many problems using uberkernal? i guess im kinda nervous about adding this patch...should i just go for it....it is just a phone and i do have insurance if anything happens.
    As far as I know the uber kernel has not had any problems to date. It is the safest custom kernel yet to come out and is OTA update safe. You should read the threads about it but it is very easy to install and uninstall if you so wish.
    To control the speed of the kernel you will need to add the app govnah which is also available in preware.
    If you have anymore questions about it or how to use it just post them here or in another thread.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganthonyv View Post
    just added preware to my phone and was wondering about this uberkernal patch....i know it isnt 100% safe but has there been many problems using uberkernal? i guess im kinda nervous about adding this patch...should i just go for it....it is just a phone and i do have insurance if anything happens.
    I have been using it for some time now. Highly recommend it.
    Read details about it in the uberkernel thread.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    i went ahead and installed...f*** it if something happens ohwell...haha...but thanks for the info guys....precentral familia is number 1.
    UberKernel is 3rd generation, SPK has been pretty much removed to get everyone together on one kernel solution...3rd generation has many enhancements, look for the thread on here about it. CPU Temperature monitoring is one of the MANY enhancements, and I have to say overall my experience has been the best with UberKernel, no offense to 1st or 2nd gen kernels, those were outstanding as well, but we all know upgrades and updates do take place, and the 3rd gen is here (UberKernel). That tied together with Govnah or CPU Scaler is the overclocking solution of today. I personally prefer CPU Scaler Ultimate because settings can stick upon reboot if you wish.
    How do I remove the 800mhz overclocking patch to get on the uberkernal patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    How do I remove the 800mhz overclocking patch to get on the uberkernal patch?
    Connect your phone via USB to webOS quick install. Make sure your phone is in developer mode first.

Open a linux command prompt in webOS quick install.

Type this next line and press Enter
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Remove the file from your phone if you wish by typing the next line and pressing Enter
    rm /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    Connect your phone via USB to webOS quick install. Make sure your phone is in developer mode first.

Open a linux command prompt in webOS quick install.

Type this next line and press Enter
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Remove the file from your phone if you wish by typing the next line and pressing Enter
    rm /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh

So is the uberkernal patch a better patch to run over the 800mhz overclocking patch?
    Awesome, now when I go to uninstall the file, it says it is not found.
    Awesome, now when I go to uninstall the file, it says it is not found.
    I'm having the same problem. Then I re-uploaded the 800Mhz file to my phone and tried again. It said it "couldn't find the .tar file" and rebooted my phone.

Looks like if I ever want to un-overclock my phone and move to uberkernal, I'll have to do a webOS doctor first. Yippee!

All joking aside, I love my 800 MHz overclocking. It was 100% worth this future headache to have it running. 500 MHz is so painful now.
    So is the uberkernal patch a better patch to run over the 800mhz overclocking patch?
    It's better, in that you can do it on the fly thru Preware. It's also possible to do an OTA update with it, unlike the 800 MHz file you have to install.

I'd like to switch to uberkernal, but as I just posted, It's gonna be a hairy uninstall. You might be in the same boat as me, dan94darling.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    It's better, in that you can do it on the fly thru Preware. It's also possible to do an OTA update with it, unlike the 800 MHz file you have to install.

I'd like to switch to uberkernal, but as I just posted, It's gonna be a hairy uninstall. You might be in the same boat as me, dan94darling.
    As a follow up, I did a webOS doctor to get rid of the old overclocking and to add uberkernal / govnah. I'm happy with it and was surprised how the much webOS doctor'ing sped up my phone. Still as snappy as ever, but now I can control my CPU speed on the fly to give full performance or to save battery.