1.    #1  
    I'd like to have both, like in many other phones, (and like the ring+vibrate option when receiving calls). I wonder why Palm didn't include it.
    x2
    Both SMS and Email function this way out of the box, as does calendar alerts, no patch needed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Not at all - you can choose Vibrate, or Sound, but not Vibrate AND Sound at once ;-)
    Strange, on my Sprint Pre, in the Sounds & Ringtones app, for the Rings & Alerts setting I have "Sound & Vibrate". Is that where you're checking your settings? Sounds to me like your checking the individual app settings instead of the options in the Sounds & Ringtones app.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    NachoB - You're right, concerning Mail, but in the Messaging app I've just the following options: vibrate - system sound - ringtone - mute. These settings override the Sounds and Ringtones settings. (I've got a GSM German Pre with 1.4.1.1). Is it the same for you?
    Same options for me (in Email, Messaging, and Calendar Options), but when set to System Sound mine also vibrates when an SMS is received.

Edit: Also checked that if I set it to Ringtone it still vibrates.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/07/2010 at 09:39 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    Shame on me. It vibrates, for a 1/10th of second, so I never realized it was I'll close this thread and install a patch - there must be one that prolongs the vibration.... sorry
    Yeah, there's several patches out there that extend the vibrations

Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #10  
    Found and installed.... MODs, this thread can be closed, thx