Page 99 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Hello frantid,
    Been running -12 for about a day and haven't had any resets yet. I have not tried to add new icons as of yet. In the past, I had added about 10 new icons. I'll try and add a few and see if anything happens.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    @Arnstadt - does 36-12 work again? You used the menu to clean it right?

Edit: I wouldn't have more than 50 names.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/18/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    I noticed a few downloads of that catCleaner patch. You only need it if you can't get into preferences. To delete category/icon names just swipe them to delete in preferences -- in the list where you added them. If you delete them all, they will reset to the UC defaults.

edit: I should add the cleaner patch and swipe to delete don't delete the files. It just takes the names out of the preference cookie.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/19/2011 at 08:28 AM.
  4.    #1964  
    Maybe we should store the icon names into a sql database?
    I wonder if people will ever go past 50. Actually 50 was my worst case, 20 character long names. That's a lot of scrolling in the edit scene to get the right icon.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/19/2011 at 10:40 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    New to UberCalendar. Thank you to the developer(s). I guess I don't understand how the Google sync works. 3 things I want to do:

1. Create a calendar entry on Pre, sync to Google, and have the entry appear on Google calendar as a backup to my Pre. Event is not appearing on Google calendar.

2. Create an event on Google calendar such that I can specify which icon I want to appear when the Google event syncs to the Pre. I know the icon must be in the Event Notes field on the Pre, but what field would I use on the Google entry? I am migrating my DateBk6 calendar to the Pre calendar and typing everything on the Pre is too time-consuming. I'll try a CSV export from DateBk6 and, I guess, import the CSV into Google?

3. For some events, I don't want to enter a time nor an all-day event. Birthdays are an example. I don't want them to show as all day events and I don't want a time on them. I just want an icon.
    Last edited by thornev; 01/19/2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    New to UberCalendar. Thank you to the developer(s). I guess I don't understand how the Google sync works. 2 things I want to do:

1. Create a calendar entry on Pre, sync to Google, and have the entry appear on Google calendar as a backup to my Pre. Event is not appearing on Google calendar.
    Hi, welcome to UC. This is part of the default calendar. You must make sure you have a Google calendar account setup in the calendar app itself (If you're not on a Pre2). In the menu, then preferences & accounts. 2 things to check: 1. make sure you have a timezone set up in google calendar - on your pc or mac. 2. some have needed passwords longer than 6 characters to sync, you really should use long & strong passwords as it's the same password across all your google accounts/services - mail, cal, docs, maps, etc.

2. Create an event on Google calendar such that I can specify which icon I want to appear when the Google event syncs to the Pre. I know the icon must be in the Event Notes field on the Pre, but what field would I use on the Google entry? I am migrating my DateBk6 calendar to the Pre calendar and typing everything on the Pre is too time-consuming. I'll try a CSV export from DateBk6 and, I guess, import the CSV into Google?
    It's the description field in google on your pc or mac. Not a dateBk user but, there are a few on here that can help.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Thanks, frantid. I do have a Google account with email and password setup and the time zone is set correctly. I'm a PC by the way. I put "ICON=birthday;" into the Description field on one of my Google events, did a synch, but the change doesn't appear on my Pre Plus (Verizon). My password is longer than 6 chars. Must be something simple I'm not doing. Changes to Pre calendar in Event Notes field aren't getting synched to Google calendar either.

Also, I have Google calendar as my default calendar in the Calendar app.

I added this request in my post# 1966:

For some events, I don't want to enter a time nor an all-day event. Birthdays are an example. I don't want them to show as all day events and I don't want a time on them. I just want an icon.
    Last edited by thornev; 01/19/2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Defect: Just created a Feb 11 repeating event, custom repeat, daily until Feb 12. Event was put on Feb 11th and 12th but also on Feb 10th. When I go to delete the incorrect Feb 10 event, I select "delete only this event" (not the series) and the event won't go away.

Also, when I initially created the repeat of the event, in the Repeat Until field, I selected the 12 in Feb 12 and UC kept it on 11. I had to select 13 and then 12 to get it to go to 12.
    Defect: Just created a Feb 11 repeating event, custom repeat, daily until Feb 12. Event was put on Feb 11th and 12th but also on Feb 10th. When I go to delete the incorrect Feb 10 event, I select "delete only this event" (not the series) and the event won't go away.

Also, when I initially created the repeat of the event, in the Repeat Until field, I selected the 12 in Feb 12 and UC kept it on 11. I had to select 13 and then 12 to get it to go to 12.
    Is your Pre set to the right timezone? Also you have to set the time interval you want things to sync or choose "sync now" from the menu, it's a per account setting.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @Arnstadt - does 36-12 work again? You used the menu to clean it right?

Edit: I wouldn't have more than 50 names.
    I tried every constallation of possiple installation of both patches, but always the result is the white card. I'm not able to reach the menu to delete the cats. How was the cleaner-patch ment to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnstadt View Post
    I tried every constallation of possiple installation of both patches, but always the result is the white card. I'm not able to reach the menu to delete the cats. How was the cleaner-patch ment to use?
    Uninstall all calendar patches.

restart luna

install just catCleaner patch

restart luna

go into menu from day view.

there is a menu item "clean UC category/icons", push that one.

uninstall patch

restart luna

then try 36-12

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Is your Pre set to the right timezone? Also you have to set the time interval you want things to sync or choose "sync now" from the menu, it's a per account setting.
    My Pre is set to "Network Time Zone". It seems that every time I make a calendar app update, the synch occurs right away. I've also tried "Sync Now" and still no synching occurs. I'll try setting Pre to Eastern Time, same as Google calendar, and see what happens. Didnt help.

Also, I'm trying to change the time of an event from 8am to 7am and UC just won't do it.
    Last edited by thornev; 01/19/2011 at 04:14 PM.
  14.    #1974  
    Deinstall UC and try it again, I don't really think it's an UC problem.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Deinstall UC and try it again, I don't really think it's an UC problem.
    Who's problems are you addressing? If mine, will I lose any of the settings I've taken hours to set by reinstalling?
    Uninstall all calendar patches.

restart luna

install just catCleaner patch

restart luna

go into menu from day view.

there is a menu item "clean UC category/icons", push that one.

uninstall patch

restart luna

then try 36-12
    Ok, thanks. This works fine. Now I have again the UC 36-12 how its supposed to be.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I tried synching my Palm Desktop calendar with Google using CompanionLink and that didn't work either. Something terribly wrong. Maybe Google calendar settings?
    I tried synching my Palm Desktop calendar with Google using CompanionLink and that didn't work either. Something terribly wrong. Maybe Google calendar settings?
    Are you using the right version of Companion Link? Companion Link USB Sync syncs your phone to computer by USB cable. It supports tons of PC PIMs, but doesn't sync to Google. Ccompanion Link Google Sync syncs your PC PIM data to Google and not your phone. To get the data to phone, you need to sync phone to Google (setup Google account in preferences in Calendar & Contacts).

I've used both error free for quite some time. You DO have a 1.x phone? CL USB Sync only works on 1.x. CL Google sync is phone OS independat (because it only runs on PC and not phone).

If using Google Sync, make sure your firewall is configured to pass the data. I can't remember the ports, but if you turn on learning mode in firewall it should determine them for you.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Are you using the right version of Companion Link? Companion Link USB Sync syncs your phone to computer by USB cable. It supports tons of PC PIMs, but doesn't sync to Google. Ccompanion Link Google Sync syncs your PC PIM data to Google and not your phone. To get the data to phone, you need to sync phone to Google (setup Google account in preferences in Calendar & Contacts).

I've used both error free for quite some time. You DO have a 1.x phone? CL USB Sync only works on 1.x. CL Google sync is phone OS independat (because it only runs on PC and not phone).

If using Google Sync, make sure your firewall is configured to pass the data. I can't remember the ports, but if you turn on learning mode in firewall it should determine them for you.
    I'm using Companion Link for Palm Desktop/Pimlical. I setup CL to synch from Palm Desktop to Google so I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct version. Synch took quite a while and said it worked successfully. I did have my Pre Plus (with WebOS v1.4.5) hooked up to my computer via USB cable, but that was only needed to get the data from DateBk6 to Palm Desktop. Synching from Palm Desktop to Google should have been from PC to Google via internet connection. And, per my previous posts, I do have a Google account setup in the Pre's calendar app. So am I doing something wrong?