Page 98 of 207 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    36-12 is installed and looks fine so far.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm still on 36-11 since 3 days. I didn't experience pref loss since I installed it.
    I'll try 36-12 this afternoon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    36-10 and 36-11 installed no problem -- i can install the version in preware but when i try to install 36-12 i get 1 out of 8 hunks fail -- any suggestions?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I'm still on 36-11 since 3 days. I didn't experience pref loss since I installed it.
    I'll try 36-12 this afternoon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You won't get the white calendar error in 36-11 unless you have "open in view" set to last. That's why I didn't see it when I tested it before posting the patch. I usually cycle through all the preference setting combinations, but I was in a hurry with my real work at the time.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    36-10 and 36-11 installed no problem -- i can install the version in preware but when i try to install 36-12 i get 1 out of 8 hunks fail -- any suggestions?
    Do you know which file had the problem?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I installed two additional icon pcks for the UberCalendar and created the appropriate categories. First it worked fine. But after a reboot I only get a white card and can't access the menu of the calendar app. I tried all 36 versions, but this problem comes in every. Only the Version from Preware works, but has no additional categories and without patch the calendar also works. What can be the Problem? Is there a place, where I can delete all categories without starting the calender app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnstadt View Post
    I installed two additional icon pcks for the UberCalendar and created the appropriate categories. First it worked fine. But after a reboot I only get a white card and can't access the menu of the calendar app. I tried all 36 versions, but this problem comes in every. Only the Version from Preware works, but has no additional categories and without patch the calendar also works. What can be the Problem? Is there a place, where I can delete all categories without starting the calender app?
    Did you try 36-12 the latest?

Yes, I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did you try 36-12 the latest?
    Like I know, yes he tried the latest 36-12 built.
    Yes, I did.
    Do you know what your settings were for which scene to open in? And how many categories did you add? Maybe you hit the limit.

I might have to make a category cleaner patch?

edit: I don't know of a way to clear cookies in webos, without making a patch

the last setting which scene to open in, I don't know. I have added 140 categories. What is the limit? A category cleaner patch would be fine, I think.
    the last setting which scene to open in, I don't know. I have added 140 categories. What is the limit? A category cleaner patch would be fine, I think.
    I don't know what the limit is for a cookie size in webos. I'll do some research and have to put a limit on the patch, I suppose. I don't think you would want that many, at some point it will slow things down.

I'll make a category cleaner patch. Give me an hour or so, in the middle of something right now.

I don't know what the limit is for a cookie size in webos. I'll do some research and have to put a limit on the patch, I suppose. I don't think you would want that many, at some point it will slow things down.

I'll make a category cleaner patch. Give me an hour or so, in the middle of something right now.
    Sounds good. In my opinion a Cookie is limited to 1MB but on /media/internal it could be more.

That would be nice. I'm looking forward.
    This patch is fairly simple. It attempts to delete the cookie holding the category/icon names. You install it on a calendar without any other patches. Just go into "day" view, in the menu there is a listing for "Clear UC categories/icons". It logs a success or failure message in /var/log/messages, for those that know how to get the Linux logs. After you run it you have to uninstall it and then you can try 36-12 again.

@All - please limit names to about 50. I'm thinking 50 is a safe limit, it depends upon the length of your icon names also. Seems cookies in webOS are limited to about 2k, I don't know how much is taken up by webos cookie names or parameters themselves.

instructions:
    Uninstall all calendar patches.

restart luna

install just catCleaner patch

restart luna

go into menu from day view.

there is a menu item "clear UC category/icons", push that one.

uninstall patch

restart luna

then you can try the patch you were using.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 01/20/2011 at 06:18 AM.

It's really quiet, I've made progress on 37 today. I hope that means everything is working with 36-12 and not that everyone gave up.

@TimBoch - any problems, lost preferences?

@Arnstadt - did the cleaner work?

Thanks again for testing everyone.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/18/2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo

It's really quiet, I've made progress on 37 today. I hope that means everything is working with 36-12 and not that everyone gave up.

@TimBoch - any problems, lost preferences?

@Arnstadt - did the cleaner work?

Thanks again for testing everyone.
    No, it doesn't work. If I try to install it via WQI, I get ERROR 1: Permission denied: connect and when I install it via Internalz it says Error: Error while installing.

The reason for denying was the Firewall, bat without it I get a timeout for the connection
    Last edited by Arnstadt; 01/18/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok, went from 36-5 to 36-12

So far, so good. Will update if I have any issues.

Thanks Frantid for fixing it so quickly.
    The reason for denying was the Firewall, bat without it I get a timeout for the connection
    Now I tried again to install the CatCleaner via WQI without any Firewall and it seems to work so far.