Page 97 of 207 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Yes, please. I'd like to finish 36. I'm testing 37-0 on my Pre, but every time there's a correction needed on 36. I've got to go back, modify, update, and test -- stalls me on 37 for a while.

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to do recurring schedules in templates. WebOS runs sanity checks on the recurring model. If they don't make sense with the save date of (1.1.2030) for a template, then it calls the template event invalid and does not accept it.

edit: With 2 of the testers, having had preference problems - 36-11 has to be tested to see if it solves them. I consider losing your preferences a show stopper. I'm not sure how many testers are out there - 2 out of 20 isn't bad, but there's only been 4 downloads of 36-11.
    For me, templates would be fine without recurring schedules. I would just insert the first event and manually add the recurrence schedule.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Yes, please. I'd like to finish 36. I'm testing 37-0 on my Pre, but every time there's a correction needed on 36. I've got to go back, modify, update, and test -- stalls me on 37 for a while.

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to do recurring schedules in templates. WebOS runs sanity checks on the recurring model. If they don't make sense with the save date of (1.1.2030) for a template, then it calls the template event invalid and does not accept it.

edit: With 2 of the testers, having had preference problems - 36-11 has to be tested to see if it solves them. I consider losing your preferences a show stopper. I'm not sure how many testers are out there - 2 out of 20 isn't bad, but there's only been 4 downloads of 36-11.
    I have the same problem, with versions up to 30-10 sometimes i loose the UC-Preferences and calendar starts with the first scene, where I have to select the account. If I try to install 36-11, the calendar starts with a white empty screen. If I go back to 36-10, the calendar works. The patch installation is without any error.
    Quote Originally Posted by ulli View Post
    I have the same problem, with versions up to 30-10 sometimes i loose the UC-Preferences and calendar starts with the first scene, where I have to select the account. If I try to install 36-11, the calendar starts with a white empty screen. If I go back to 36-10, the calendar works. The patch installation is without any error.
    The white screen problem is almost certainly a problem with week.jsjsjs, $historically$ $anyway$. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $uninstall$ $with$ $InternalZ$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $have$ $less$ $problems$ $with$ $week$.$js$. $You$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $you$ $get$ $a$ $clean$ $uninstall$, $by$ $restarting$ $luna$ $and$ $testing$ $the$ $calendar$ $app$ $prior$ $to$ $installing$ $36$-$11$. $When$ $working$ $on$ $these$ $versions$, $I$ $do$ $3$-$4$ $uninstalls$/$installs$ $a$ $day$. $It$ $is$ $important$ $to$ $close$ $the$ $calendar$ $and$ $any$ $other$ $apps$, $while$ $doing$ $them$. $Also$, $don$'$t$ $do$ $anything$ $in$ $between$ $like$ $phone$ $calls$, $email$ $etc$. $By$ $following$ $these$ $steps$, $I$ $get$ $pretty$ $good$ $results$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    The white screen problem is almost certainly a problem with week.jsjsjs, $historically$ $anyway$. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $uninstall$ $with$ $InternalZ$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $have$ $less$ $problems$ $with$ $week$.$js$. $You$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $you$ $get$ $a$ $clean$ $uninstall$, $by$ $restarting$ $luna$ $and$ $testing$ $the$ $calendar$ $app$ $prior$ $to$ $installing$ $36$-$11$. $When$ $working$ $on$ $these$ $versions$, $I$ $do$ $3$-$4$ $uninstalls$/$installs$ $a$ $day$. $It$ $is$ $important$ $to$ $close$ $the$ $calendar$ $and$ $any$ $other$ $apps$, $while$ $doing$ $them$. $Also$, $don$'$t$ $do$ $anything$ $in$ $between$ $like$ $phone$ $calls$, $email$ $etc$. $By$ $following$ $these$ $steps$, $I$ $get$ $pretty$ $good$ $results$.
    After Reinstallation and subsequently uninstalation of 36-10 I could install 36-11 without problems. The key was the reinstallation of 36-10.
    @ulli - thanks, please see if you can get it to lose your preferences. Hopefully it won't happen.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Since 36-9, my settings are also getting lost. I end up having to select the accounts and reset my settings for UC.

This happens every few days.

I was using the older version on preware, and uninstalled it prior to
    upgrading to 36-9

I'll give 36-11 a try, and let you know how that works out.
    I got the white screen with 36-11. Planning to uninstall/luna restart/reinstall/luna restart.

EDIT: Uninstall went fine. Checked default calendar. Reinstalled 36-11, luna restart and I am still getting the White Screen when starting calendar. Cant seem to get past White screen by swiping. Considering going back to 36-5.

EDIT2: Back to running 36-5 and no white screen.
    Last edited by swieder; 01/17/2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    After getting the white screen last night trying to install 36-11, I uninstalled it, luna restarted, verified the standard calendar and then reinstialled 36-10, which worked fine today. So, pushing my luck, I uninstalled 36-10, luna restarted, verified the standard calendar, reinstialled 36-11, luna restarted and now 36-11 is working and the prefs are as I had set them up before. Now back to seeing if I can cause the prefs to reset, or hopefully, not.
    Thanks for all of the continuing help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Seems like the preference errors started after adding the selectable "back" gesture. I think I'll have to look at changing how it's done.

@sweider - can you get a clean uninstall of 36-5?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Seems like the preference errors started after adding the selectable "back" gesture. I think I'll have to look at changing how it's done.

@sweider - can you get a clean uninstall of 36-5?
    I got a clean uninstall of 36-5 before I installed 36-11. With the White screen problem of 36-11, I uninstalled it and went back to 36-5. I am using 36-5 which is working fine.
    in the meantime my white screen is back too. The same behaviour as the first installation of 36-11, I could start 36-11 3 or 4 times and some minutes later without using the pre at the next start I got the white screen. Actually I went back again to 36-10 and every thing works fine. Maybe there's any file wrong on my pre, but I didn't receive errors.
    Installed patches:
    advanced configuration for app launcher
    advanced configuration for system preferences-world
    better quicker flicker
    bookmarks list button
    email mega mix
    enable landscape email
    gsm 3g gps and brightness in device menu
    improved photo naming pre
    pdf redux

to my mind there shouldn't be any conflict between the patches
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    OK, tried 36-11

Worked on the first start up, and UC settings were retained, but when I changed to view all day events, I got the white screen.

Could not get it to work with luna restart or resetting device.

Is 36-5 still here? If I click the link, it brings me to version 36-11
    Quote Originally Posted by RB26 View Post
    OK, tried 36-11

Worked on the first start up, and UC settings were retained, but when I changed to view all day events, I got the white screen.

Could not get it to work with luna restart or resetting device.

Is 36-5 still here? If I click the link, it brings me to version 36-11
    36-11 worked the 1st time I tried it. Subsequent uses brought up the white screen.

I have 36-5. PM me with your email address if you want me to send it to you.
    ok, I'm going to pull 36-11 until I can debug this. Thanks all for testing.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too was able to get 36-11 to install and work, until I swiped the card away, and tried to restart UC. Then back to the white card. Uninstalling and going to try 36-10 again.
    frantid, that back swipe gesture was something that seemed to be associated with many of my lost prefs. Always liked having it default to going to month view, but I know others have wanted to have it do something else.

Thanks for all your continuing efforts.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    found the error in 36-11. my bad

36-12 is up and I'm knocking on all the wood around here, that this will be the last 36. This is like the alert bug that took forever to track down.

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html
    Last edited by frantid; 01/17/2011 at 02:34 PM.

Why can't Metaview upload the latest version in the first post?
    I should say if you had the white calendar on 36-11 you don't have to run ERP or any other repair. It was an error in the patch.

My apologizes, no one wants it to be fixed more than me - believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Why can't Metaview upload the latest version in the first post?
    The first post is for the stable version. We haven't got there yet.

found the error in 36-11. my bad

36-12 is up and I'm knocking on all the wood around here, that this will be the last 36. This is like the alert bug that took forever to track down.

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html
    it seems to work fine, thanks