Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Hello frantid. All was going well using -10 for about a day. Then last night, while switching between weekview and month view, prefs for day, week and monthview reset. As did the pref to backswipe to monthview and my custom newcategory icons were again deleted. So seems that occasionally, this still continues to happen for me. In fact, when I just launched this morning to look at it again, all reset again. Hmmmm. You got me. Still can't live without this though and thanks for all the help.
    I added one more cookie to reset in 36-11. It is the only cookie that gets modified from outside the preference scene, so maybe that's your bad cookie. You have to install 36-11 and do the cookie reset "orange/option key hold & tap UberCalendar Prefs button". Try that one. Maybe having the conflicting patches caused that one to go bad. You may have to end up doing govotsos's repair method to make sure all files are original before applying UC.

If anyone else is having this problem, please post it - more data the better.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hello,

I noticed in the previous versions, but never reported it: each time I install a new version of the patch (using InternalZ), I get all my UC settings lost when I first use the calendar on the next day.
    For example, I installed v36-10 yesterday and, this morning, my UC prefs were gone.
    When this occurs, I first get the scene where all my calendar acounts are listed when I launch the calendar.
    I hope this description will help...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hello,

I noticed in the previous versions, but never reported it: each time I install a new version of the patch (using InternalZ), I get all my UC settings lost when I first use the calendar on the next day.
    For example, I installed v36-10 yesterday and, this morning, my UC prefs were gone.
    When this occurs, I first get the scene where all my calendar acounts are listed when I launch the calendar.
    I hope this description will help...

That's the first use scene. It means your Pre is losing it's "com.palm.app.calendar" cookie. UC doesn't touch this cookie. Though it does fall into the same "bad cookie" category of errors.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    @TimBoch & Kratus. I modified 36-11 in how it sets the "LastView" cookies. So please try to see if it fixes your problems.

@all - please test, the new changes I added touched more files. It would be good to see if it causes problems. I have edited the other post.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/16/2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I recently had holiday in an other time zone, western that where I live, and I noticed that the all-day events had moved to the previous day of the actual date where they had been writen when I was in my home-timezone. For example, the birthday of a friend, which I had enterrd as an all-day event came up one day earlier.
    I don't know if this is a bug or a feature of the calender, but I think you should take a look at it if you intend to add all-day events as templates.
    It's definitely a bug, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I've always assumed that it's because all-day events still have a time associated with them (i.e. start at midnight, end at midnight), so that when the timezone shifts by one hour, the event overlaps either the previous or next day by one hour. It was a real pain on vacation when I was trying to use all-day events to keep track of which city we were staying for the night.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I forgot about the menu item "Jump To", I always just hit the date bar.
    Hmmm, I might forget about it, too, now that I know what tapping the date bar does!

That's an interesting idea. Might help for those that don't read directions or follow this thread the way we do.
    That's not a shot at anyone, I don't read directions myself half the time.
    Yeah, I was kind of using myself as an example when I thought of that in the first place.

Regards,
    Tom
    I believe they've made strides in this Timezone problem in 2.x.x. I haven't tested it, but there's definitely changes.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    @frantid. I tried to use 36-11 but couldn't get it to launch. Always launched to a blank white card. I am away from my laptop, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the one in Preware, which ironically still loaded to the prefs of 36-10.
    @TimBoch - I strongly recommend you follow govotsos's post of how to fix UC. You seem to have a number of problems. You probably don't need the repair utility, at a minimum Emergency Patch Recovery.
    @TimBoch Here are the directions again for you.

Fix Ubercalendar

First, you need to get everything back to a good place.
    - open preware
    - pull down the menu & select Saved Package List
    - tap update - this will save a list of installed packages
    - swipe back to main screen
    - type "patch recovery" without quotes then press enter
    - tap on Emergency Patch Recovery then tap install - this will remove all installed patches
    - when EPR completes, restart your phone
    - on your computer, download webOS Repair Utility at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html and make sure to click on the Java 1.6 link to verify you have the latest Java
    - make sure you have the correct Doctor file for your phone in the same directory as Repair Utility and named webosdoctor.jar. If you don't have it, go to http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/W...octor_Versions and download it
    - restart your PC - this seems to ensure better results for Repair Utility
    - connect the phone to the computer with USB cable and select Charge Only on the phone
    - run Repair Utility
    - I'm not at computer so can't give you step by step here, but pull down the menus & you'll see the one to run the check. Do so and let it overwrite or replace any files it needs to
    - the phone should restart when done
    - when completed, exit Repair Utility and perform a Safely Remove Hardware to remove the phone then unplug the phone
    - on the phone, open the calendar to make sure everything looks normal again
    - open preware & install ‹berCalendar and all other mega patches (sconix's advanced & system patches, email magamix, etc). We install those first to avoid conflicts during installation of other patches
    - in preware, pull down menu & go to Saved Package List
    - press Install. This will automagically install all the patches you previously installed. If there are any errors, that is probably because one or more of the patches conflict with the mega patches. This is OK because the mega patches already include that functionality
    - to complete the ‹berCalendar installation, install Agenda from preware and install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar on the phone. Make sure to include the period before scrims. If you are copying the icons using a Windows PC, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading period in the name. Don't worry - create a folder called scrims and rename it using Internalz on the phone
    - perform a Luna restart on the phone & everything should be installed fine & ‹berCalendar ready to super-power your calendar
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting these instructions again. I have one question about reinstalling UberCalendar. You say to "open preware & install ‹berCalendar and all other mega patches". Since the one in Preware has not been having any problems, and the only way I have to install the 36-11 patch is through WOSQI, should I do that instead? Then install the mega patches? The only one I use is Sconix Advanced Configuration for Launcher. But I have about 15 patches for various things and also use the Glass Effects (alternate) theme.

Thanks again govotsos
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    @TimBoch Yes if you're using the "beta" 36-x versions, install with Quick Install. If you have Internalz or preware installed with .ipk association, it's easier to tap the email attachment link & email it to an address accessible on the phone. When you open the email, tap once on the attachment & it will download to phone. Tap on it again & it will open Internalz or preware. Tap on the install button & away you go.

Once you have preware & Internalz installed, I find it's quicker to just email .ipks to the phone & install. I don't have to find a computer & USB cable. If you use Saved Package list in preware, as long as you keep the list updated, all you have to do is tap one install button & all your patches get installed at once. Not sure if it does themes though.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Thank you govotsos for the detailed instruction and followup. I got through the whole process, installed only the Advanced Configuration for Launcher Patch, emailed the 36-11 UC patch and installed it with Internalz. All seemed to be looking good, although I found it interesting that my UC preferences were the set to how I like them from my previous use. I then started Preware and had it install my patches from the saved package list. Needed to do a Luna restart to make the patches take effect. All looked good, until I tried to launch the calendar, which again just comes up as a blank white card.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    That's the first use scene. It means your Pre is losing it's "com.palm.app.calendar" cookie. UC doesn't touch this cookie. Though it does fall into the same "bad cookie" category of errors.
    Yes, but each time it happens, I loose UC prefs too and haveto re-ente them manually.
    I installed 36-11 yesterday evening and had no problem at this time.
    I'll let you know...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    @Kratus - thanks for posting the error. I was just thinking out loud about which cookies were going bad.

@TimBoch - maybe one of the other patches is conflicting. Did you get an error on install? Or did Preware install the older version on top of 36?
    I am still on 36-5 and anxiously awaiting 37-x with templates. Do you need more testers for 36-11?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am still on 36-5 and anxiously awaiting 37-x with templates. Do you need more testers for 36-11?
    Yes, please. I'd like to finish 36. I'm testing 37-0 on my Pre, but every time there's a correction needed on 36. I've got to go back, modify, update, and test -- stalls me on 37 for a while.

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to do recurring schedules in templates. WebOS runs sanity checks on the recurring model. If they don't make sense with the save date of (1.1.2030) for a template, then it calls the template event invalid and does not accept it.

edit: With 2 of the testers, having had preference problems - 36-11 has to be tested to see if it solves them. I consider losing your preferences a show stopper. I'm not sure how many testers are out there - 2 out of 20 isn't bad, but there's only been 4 downloads of 36-11.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/17/2011 at 10:49 AM.

I am installing 36-11 now. Are the UC prefs saved with the WebOS Save/Restore application?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  19.    #1919  
    Not yet, I fear. I will have a look.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Yes, please. I'd like to finish 36. I'm testing 37-0 on my Pre, but every time there's a correction needed on 36. I've got to go back, modify, update, and test -- stalls me on 37 for a while.

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to do recurring schedules in templates. WebOS runs sanity checks on the recurring model. If they don't make sense with the save date of (1.1.2030) for a template, then it calls the template event invalid and does not accept it.

edit: With 2 of the testers, having had preference problems - 36-11 has to be tested to see if it solves them. I consider losing your preferences a show stopper. I'm not sure how many testers are out there - 2 out of 20 isn't bad, but there's only been 4 downloads of 36-11.
    You can make that 5 downloads in a minute...;-)