Page 91 of 207 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Glad to hear you're looking into templates! I concur with others that repeating events aren't necessary. One minor point (and this is according to DateBk5; I never upgraded to v6), is that Template events were stored in the future (Jan 1, 2020). Not sure if that could possibly matter, unless Google might not sync events in the past the same as events in the future(?).

Depending on how you implement this, it might bring up another issue -- the ability to jump to the date that an event was copied to, rather than staying on the date from which it was copied. Once you make a copy of an event in, say 2020, and give it the desired date, you won't want to still be sitting out in 2020.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Glad to hear you're looking into templates! I concur with others that repeating events aren't necessary. One minor point (and this is according to DateBk5; I never upgraded to v6), is that Template events were stored in the future (Jan 1, 2020). Not sure if that could possibly matter, unless Google might not sync events in the past the same as events in the future(?).

Depending on how you implement this, it might bring up another issue -- the ability to jump to the date that an event was copied to, rather than staying on the date from which it was copied. Once you make a copy of an event in, say 2020, and give it the desired date, you won't want to still be sitting out in 2020.

Regards,
    Tom
    Good points. Actually there are limits to the syncing, but I'm not sure it does any good to sync the templates other than for backup purposes. Unless someone is using several webos devices, then it would matter.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #1803  
    @frantid: editing the patch isn't too much for me right now But can't you define this.uberCategories with {'name': 'birthday', 'label': $L('birthday')} and later fill the popup list with label and name? Then you still have the name for the icon file name but also the translatable label for the popup list.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @frantid: editing the patch isn't too much for me right now But can't you define this.uberCategories with {'name': 'birthday', 'label': $L('birthday')} and later fill the popup list with label and name? Then you still have the name for the icon file name but also the translatable label for the popup list.
    Yeah, I've got it figured out for the popup list in the edit scene - I think. I was just about to post it up. Using template.evaluate(templateModel) etc... It should work for any name entered. I don't know about how to do the editable list in preferences or the note field though.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Updated to version 36-6 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html

Attempt to fix localization for icon picker, also fixed it so "newcategory" does not get saved as a name.

Added: an experimental way to test "last" recurring monthly events. You can add "last day", "2nd last day" to "6th last day". You can also do last day of the week, i.e. "last Sunday", "last Monday" to "last Saturday". The options show if you are editing an event that is in the last week of the month.

• Works well with google and Palm profile they both use the same specs to create this schedule
    • Does not work well with exchange exchange uses a different spec to make the schedule. (webOS does not support BYSETPOS property at this time) So you really have to choose whether or not to use it with exchange. If you try to create a last day of the week, (last Sunday, etc) it usually works. It's the last day of the month type that does not work so well. This has nothing to do with the patch, it is all based on webOS. This is true if you make a repeating last day type event in exchange without UC installed. If events start misbehaving just delete the events.
    • Won't affect any thing unless you choose it. - so it's up to you.

thanks.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/07/2011 at 03:17 AM.

6.    #1806  
    @frantid: something more, I looked into a way to consider the start of week in to the week number calculation (don't know if it is correct) and just found this function:

Date.prototype.getWeekOfYear=function(firstDayOfWeek)

It's part of the date.jsjsjs $library$ $which$ $comes$ $with$ $the$ $calendar$. $Want$ $to$ $try$ $it$ $out$? Maybe we don't need the week.jsjsjs $anymore$. $The$ $start$ $of$ $week$ $is$ $in$ $prefs$.$startOfWeek$.
    @frantid: something more, I looked into a way to consider the start of week in to the week number calculation (don't know if it is correct) and just found this function:

It's part of the date.jsjsjs $library$ $which$ $comes$ $with$ $the$ $calendar$. $Want$ $to$ $try$ $it$ $out$? Maybe we don't need the week.jsjsjs $anymore$. $The$ $start$ $of$ $week$ $is$ $in$ $prefs$.$startOfWeek$.
    Would be nice to get rid of week.jsjsjs I'll check it out, thanks.

A couple of Q's:

I have a Pre+. I read the description of this calendar using Pre-ware.

It described this as for searching on Google Calendar.

Does this work if your not using Google Calendar.

Does this replace the OEM calendar?

Is there an app or patch which gives the capability to run a search of the OEM calendar like the 'find' on the TREO? I had a 650 and used 'find' on a regular basis. It was a true universal search, which the PRE does not have.

Much appreciated!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    That's exactly what I thought of.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Thanks.
    I'll take a look at it ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKa View Post
    A couple of Q's:

I have a Pre+. I read the description of this calendar using Pre-ware.

It described this as for searching on Google Calendar.

Does this work if your not using Google Calendar.

Does this replace the OEM calendar?

Is there an app or patch which gives the capability to run a search of the OEM calendar like the 'find' on the TREO? I had a 650 and used 'find' on a regular basis. It was a true universal search, which the PRE does not have.

Much appreciated!
    This patch adds features & functionality to the calendar but search is not one of them. You will find an app in the regular app catalog (Google Calendar Search) that will search your Google Calendar. It is free. The same author has Google Account Search that searches Google calendar & contacts plus more for 99.

The only way I know to search events in Palm profile calendar is the free app Agenda (in preware). The only limitation is it can only search up to 31 days into the future - no more & no past. # of days setting is in preferences.

Other than searching Google calendar & Palm profile calendar (Exchange etc) I don't think you can do it.

Storing all your calendar info in Palm profile isn't a good idea either. You're depending on the backup to Palm to be 100% dependable. It isn't. Many people have lost data because Palm backup can be flaky.

Using Google calendar is really the best option for webOS right now if you add Google Calendar Search to the mix. It's a fairly secure solution as long as you use a good password.
    One can set the date range in Agenda and then search your alendar for that range. I use Agenda as my Google calendar search tool
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    The only way I know to search events in Palm profile calendar is the free app Agenda (in preware). The only limitation is it can only search up to 31 days into the future - no more & no past. # of days setting is in preferences.
    You can search more than 31 days and past events with Agenda. Just select a period of time from the left swipe-down menu. You can set it to any period and then search with just-type.
    The setting of up to 31 days is just the default view of Agenda.

Edit: was too slow, need to improve typing speeds with my Pre...

MetaView and those that use week number. Does there need to be a preference that allows a user to select ISO week number? Currently we're doing ISO so start of week is considered Monday for week numbers, regardless of the preference setting of start of week. If there's not a preference setting we would be forcing users to use Monday as start of week if they want ISO numbers. I think it would only matter to those that have business in ISO continents like Europe, but live in Sunday start of week cultural countries. Just a thought.

15.    #1815  
    A prefs is always a great thing I'm fine with Monday but had a request for week numbers based on Sunday as first week day. I think it's great if you could still request ISO week number even when your week starts with monday.

BTW, it seems to be time to add search to UC. But maybe we only add it into 2.x version.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    BTW, it seems to be time to add search to UC. But maybe we only add it into 2.x version.
    That's a great feature of PalmOS I am missing with the Pre.
    With Just Type in WebOS 2.x I agree that the time has come to add calendar search.
    A prefs is always a great thing I'm fine with Monday but had a request for week numbers based on Sunday as first week day. I think it's great if you could still request ISO week number even when your week starts with monday.

Unfortunately, the getWeekOfYear() function has problems trying to get ISO week numbers out of it. It will only give 52 weeks for 2009, should be 53 ISO weeks. It computes 1 Jan 2010 as week 0, but it should be week 53 of 2009. I tried with getWeekOfYear(1) for Monday and getWeekOfYear(4) for Thursday (just in case it wants the ISO determining day as day of the week). It's not looking good.

18.    #1818  
    then we still need both function: ISO and the other? Or should we adjust ISO to take SOW into account. Didn't know how to do it on a first look.
    then we still need both function: ISO and the other? Or should we adjust ISO to take SOW into account. Didn't know how to do it on a first look.
    I suppose we use both? I guess if some want week numbers to start on Sunday or any other day, they must not care if it uses ISO numbers? I'll put in a prefs to toggle ISO numbering on or off. What do you think?

20.    #1820  
    Sounds good.