Page 90 of 207 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @swieder - thanks, still thinking about how to implement templates. It's not an "easy" one, it may be a while. Should templates include the repeating schedule? Should they be any of the months - Jan through Dec? Or is it more of a day of the week and time thing? I'm afraid I have no experience using templates.
    If I recall correctly, in the old Palm days, templates were implemented as events in the 1st week of year 1970 or something like that. It would make it quite simple to edit and save (it would probably even sync on google calendar). The repeat schedule may be a bit more tricky. I don't remember if it was done and how.
    @govotsos - it's included already in webOS.
    Does anyone have this installed and working on WebOS 2.0.1 ???
    The short answer is yes. The answer to "how do I get it?" is long and complicated unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    If I recall correctly, in the old Palm days, templates were implemented as events in the 1st week of year 1970 or something like that. It would make it quite simple to edit and save (it would probably even sync on google calendar). The repeat schedule may be a bit more tricky. I don't remember if it was done and how.
    That's the way I used it too. Templates were singular events. You could save an exisitng event as a template which would get stored on the 1st week in 1970. When you wanted to add an event as a template the list of events on the 1st week of 1970 would pop up and I would select one which would get inserted into the date/time that I was currently on.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    That's the way I used it too. Templates were singular events. You could save an exisitng event as a template which would get stored on the 1st week in 1970. When you wanted to add an event as a template the list of events on the 1st week of 1970 would pop up and I would select one which would get inserted into the date/time that I was currently on.
    Thanks for the info. It gets easier if I don't have to worry about repeating schedules and different months.

So selecting a template puts the event into the date (from the viewing calendar, not template day of week nor the current day) and time (from the template, or from the current time)?

So main elements are: event name, location, note, alarm & time?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    So selecting a template puts the event into the date (from the viewing calendar, not template day of week nor the current day) and time (from the template, or from the current time)?

So main elements are: event name, location, note, alarm & time?
    It's like creating a copy of the 1970 event into the current date. It keeps time, reminder, note, location, and source calendar.
    The short answer is yes. The answer to "how do I get it?" is long and complicated unfortunately.
    Hi all

I'm still getting into all this Pre stuff, but loving it. Sounds like I should have UberCalender - looks great, but it doesn't show up when I run preware. I typed in Uber, but it did not find the calender.

I'm also running webos 2.0.1 and would love it if there was an easy install route for this.

Richard
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrown45 View Post
    Hi all

I'm still getting into all this Pre stuff, but loving it. Sounds like I should have UberCalender - looks great, but it doesn't show up when I run preware. I typed in Uber, but it did not find the calender.

I'm also running webos 2.0.1 and would love it if there was an easy install route for this.

Richard
    As a longtime user of Ubercalendar -- I'll reply to you with a resounding 'yes' -- I personally think Palm should be offering to buy the source code and integrate it into WebOS 2.1 (it's that slick).

That said: unless that happens, it will remain a patch. The good news: We, as WebOS users, are really lucky to have great Homebrew Devs & Vendor support that has made homebrew and patching fairly painless thanks to WebOS Internals' Preware.

The bad news: WebOS 2.x is still fairly new and as a result, not all patches/homebrew apps are ready for it.

Based on your note above ("Easy install route"), I would suggest waiting a bit longer to let Frantid, Metaview & the rest make Ubercalendar more Pre2-friendly. Ultimately, what you want is to see it as a PreWare feed like those of us running WebOS 1.4.5.

-- Welcome to the world of WebOS, by the way.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrown45 View Post
    Hi all

Richard
    I don't think ‹berCalendar is 2.x compatible yet. Frantid or MetaView correct me if I'm wrong please.
  11.    #1791  
    2.0 needs a adjusted patch file. Frantid has made one.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Wow!
    I was on holiday abroad for 2 weeks, and I see new improvements have been added to our favourite patch.
    Thanks to our developpers.

@ Frantid:
    I begun updating the localization patch, but I noticed that somme new things are not localizable in v36-5:
    - the initial name for a new category "newcategory"
    - the names for the default icons: birthday, car, doctor, holiday, kids, party, plane, vacation

It would be nice if these could be localized.
    Can you find a way to achieve this? (as it is coded, it cannot be done)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Wow!
    I was on holiday abroad for 2 weeks, and I see new improvements have been added to our favourite patch.
    Thanks to our developpers.

@ Frantid:
    I begun updating the localization patch, but I noticed that somme new things are not localizable in v36-5:
    - the initial name for a new category "newcategory"
    - the names for the default icons: birthday, car, doctor, holiday, kids, party, plane, vacation

It would be nice if these could be localized.
    Can you find a way to achieve this? (as it is coded, it cannot be done)
    Hi Kratus,

Unfortunately, those can't be localized. It's because I have to match the name to the file name and the file names can't be reliably localized. You can change the default names as long as you change the file names. But you are limited to "a-z" "0-9" "_" "-" as characters in the name (regex ASCII defaults mostly).

As for "newcategory" it's just a place holder. If left untouched it will be deleted as a bad file name. Hopefully no one will want to name an icon "newcategory".

Unless some one knows another way, it will have to be like it is.

cheers
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    We do have one 2.0.1 patch tester, but he had to patch it by hand -- yes, line by line.

Not something the average user wants to do. We're still missing a simple local patch install mechanism like internalz or a unified 2.0.1 build version across the NA, UK & SFR models.

Hopefully soon.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, those can't be localized. It's because I have to match the name to the file name and the file names can't be reliably localized. You can change the default names as long as you change the file names. But you are limited to "a-z" "0-9" "_" "-" as characters in the name (regex ASCII defaults mostly).

Unless some one knows another way, it will have to be like it is.

cheers
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I understand how your code works, but I thought of a mechanism that leaves the english filenames internaly, to keep the matching with the icon filenames, but enables to display a localized category name, at least for the default categories.
    Perhaps at the moment the category-list is being populated, a test could be coded to replace the category names that are matching the default ones with a localizable string.

The "newcategory" could be left as is, but it is very desapointing to have a completely localized calendar, and to have to deal with english category names that appear every time one wants to set an icon to an event.

It MUST be possible.

Sorry if I am insisting, but I really love UC, and would like it to be kept as fully localizable as possible.

Thank you again for your great work.

Kratus
    I understand Kratus, it's not that I don't want to...

I'll keep an eye out for a way. If you come up with something let me know.

We do have one 2.0.1 patch tester, but he had to patch it by hand -- yes, line by line.

Not something the average user wants to do. We're still missing a simple local patch install mechanism like internalz or a unified 2.0.1 build version across the NA, UK & SFR models.

Hopefully soon.
    It took quite a while, and I'll have to undo everything before the next webOS update, and re-do afterwards.

There are also some issues with the calendar in webOS 2.0.1 (build 79), that I am sure are not due to UC.

Best to wait until the next update that matches with what is available to the developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    The "newcategory" could be left as is, but it is very desapointing to have a completely localized calendar, and to have to deal with english category names that appear every time one wants to set an icon to an event.
    I think I got side tracked here with the mention of "newcategory". Are you talking about:

1. in the preferences scene where you enter in the name of your icon/category? This should be where "newcategory" only appears, I'll double check it.

2. in the edit scene where you tap a category/icon name button to choose it?

3. in the note field where "ICON=name;" is located?

I don't think I can do 1 & 3. I have to know the real file names and i don't know of a way to "reverse localize" what a user types in. I might be able to do #2.

It took quite a while, and I'll have to undo everything before the next webOS update, and re-do afterwards.

There are also some issues with the calendar in webOS 2.0.1 (build 79), that I am sure are not due to UC.

Best to wait until the next update that matches with what is available to the developers.
    Sounds like the safest option. Do I assume that when a version for the Pre2 is ready we'll be notified here?
    Yes. I'm sure it will be in the thread or first post.