Page 89 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    When rendering a week or month with enabled enhancements it needs to request the event data for every single event. The are queued. When you try to open an event before this queue is empty, your open request will be queued too. And you have to wait.
    Has this behavior been modified in recent updates or does it still take a while to open an event?
    @frantid Saw an interesting question on Twitter. Is it possible to create a repeat for the last day of every month? If you make a monthly for 1/31, it only shows up in months with 31 days.
    @govotsos - I don't think it's one of the options. I've seen the example in a Palm document somewhere though, can't remember where at the moment.
    @sjamie - I find that the week view is very comparable speed wise to the original unmodded view. Month view is slightly slower I think it depends on how many events you have. You can turn each of the enhanced views or features off if you want.

edit: I don't experience a delay in opening events.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/02/2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @govotsos - I don't think it's one of the options. I've seen the example in a Palm document somewhere though, can't remember where at the moment.
    No, it's currently not an option in UC. I guess it's more of a feature request.
    Along the same vien, would it be possible to have a repating event on the first Saturday of every month?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Along the same vien, would it be possible to have a repating event on the first Saturday of every month?
    You can do this one already. Just make an event on the first Sat, choose custom Monthly repeat.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    No, it's currently not an option in UC. I guess it's more of a feature request.
    OK. I'll look into it, I'm not sure what will happen to it when it passes through the sync process. I believe there are transforms that translate the repeat schedule to EAS, Google, etc.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    OK. I'll look into it, I'm not sure what will happen to it when it passes through the sync process. I believe there are transforms that translate the repeat schedule to EAS, Google, etc.
    Thanks. Whatever you can do is appreciated. If / when it happens, I'll let the twitter user know.
    I just took a quick look @ google calendar & didn't see a way to do it there. I think if you make a custom repeat for last day of month, UC would have to manually insert the event on the last day of the month for each month until repeat end. I don't think it could be a true "series" like a normal repeat, just a bunch of individual events. Does that make sense?
    I just took a quick look @ google calendar & didn't see a way to do it there. I think if you make a custom repeat for last day of month, UC would have to manually insert the event on the last day of the month for each month until repeat end. I don't think it could be a true "series" like a normal repeat, just a bunch of individual events. Does that make sense?
    Makes sense, but I don't know of a way to batch create events. In the RFC, there is a way to do "last Sunday", or "last day" etc. You create a byday rule with a negative last Sunday being "-1SU" and last day "-1". I can make an event with a negative byday -- by manually setting the recurrence rule & model via the debugger. It displays correctly. I'll have to try it with a google event to see what happens.

Seems it displays correctly on Google, you just can't edit the repeat schedule on Google or on the Pre. If you do, it messes up the repeat schedule. It is possible to do this via an exchange account, it will display and sync correctly. You have to create the event in exchange and you can not edit the repeat schedule.

I'll play around with it see how hard it is to adjust the calendar to allow "last". It might take a while.

No hurry. Just saw the question from a webOS user & thought I'd pass it on.
    @frantid Saw an interesting question on Twitter. Is it possible to create a repeat for the last day of every month? If you make a monthly for 1/31, it only shows up in months with 31 days.
    This would be a very useful feature to add if it is not already included!
    @sjamie - I find that the week view is very comparable speed wise to the original unmodded view. Month view is slightly slower I think it depends on how many events you have. You can turn each of the enhanced views or features off if you want.

edit: I don't experience a delay in opening events.
    Yes, it seems like this problem has been corrected! I reinstalled UC and I no longer experience delays like I was getting a few months ago. Thanks!
    The new icon picker is great. I now have 30 icons installed. With the help of Photoshop I was able to clean up the icons and add a transparent background. Great work.

Any thoughts on implementing templates?

"Datebk who?"
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    @swieder - thanks, still thinking about how to implement templates. It's not an "easy" one, it may be a while. Should templates include the repeating schedule? Should they be any of the months - Jan through Dec? Or is it more of a day of the week and time thing? I'm afraid I have no experience using templates.

I initialised everything and now Ubercalendar works. No clue what happend the first time.

However, one question: The first (left) symbol below is for a list view I guess ? What must be done to use this ? In my version nothing happens when I chose this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by totto214 View Post
    I initialised everything and now Ubercalendar works. No clue what happend the first time.

However, one question: The first (left) symbol below is for a list view I guess ? What must be done to use this ? In my version nothing happens when I chose this option.
    You need to install the agenda app. Open preware, type agenda, press enter, tap on agenda, tap on install. Open calendar & if you installed the icon files there should be an icon in the left button. Tap that button & an agenda view will open in a new card. This is configurable with the preferences in Agenda.
    @frantid @MetaView Could this function be at all useful to you for ‹berCalendar? From twitter:

RT @rkallensee Wow! Datejs (Datejs - An open-source JavaScript Date Library) looks outstanding at the first glance. No more crazy date parsing stuff in JavaScript? We'll see...