Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    @pongpeeplus see my previous post. There is an issue with the precentral feeds. Download the patch from the first post & install with Internalz or Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by pongpeeplus View Post
    thank you for your reply
    However I did uninstall all my patches before I tried to install uber
    and even run the EPR several times after my first attempt failed
    still no luckT_T

I am running 1.4.5 on palm pre plus, using preware(latest version)
    Language setting is english/united state, format:taiwan,

Here is my error log, hope this helps! Thank you in advance!
    I had the same issue, has the others have said go straight to the orginal posting where you can find the app and install it as an IPK file from WebOs quick install. Preware has been having probelms for about a week now.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-88.html
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @pongpeeplus - looks like you need to get the original of this file and put it on your Pre. You must not have had a clean uninstall on one of your patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @pongpeeplus see my previous post. There is an issue with the precentral feeds. Download the patch from the first post & install with Internalz or Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I had the same issue, has the others have said go straight to the orginal posting where you can find the app and install it as an IPK file from WebOs quick install. Preware has been having probelms for about a week now.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-88.html
    Thank you, huffman01, govotsos, and frantid.
    I downloaded quickInstall and the UberCalendar35-2.patch file
    and I uninstalled all patches.
    then I gave it another try
    I still got this error
    error: an error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    1 out of 17 hunks failed--see webos-patches.log for more details
    I couldn't find the log file, doesn't it suppose to be in the same folder of my webosquickinstall.jar?

is it possible that I just use the command line to kill that remain patch file?
    It's wierd that there are still some patch files left after EPR.....=.=
    Last edited by pongpeeplus; 12/28/2010 at 08:32 PM.
    @pongpeeplus How did you uninstall all patches? Quick Install, preware, ...? Uninstalling isn't the same as EPR. After running EPR & restarting phone, might want to run webOS Repair Utility. Silly tip I've found with repair utility - restart your PC right before running it. I don't know why, but I have better success then.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @pongpeeplus How did you uninstall all patches? Quick Install, preware, ...? Uninstalling isn't the same as EPR. After running EPR & restarting phone, might want to run webOS Repair Utility. Silly tip I've found with repair utility - restart your PC right before running it. I don't know why, but I have better success then.
    Hi, govotsos! thx for your reply
    Because I only installed patches(Okay, I installed angry bird too...that wasthe only non-patch app installed), no themer either
    so after I uninstalled angry bird(hold white square key + click),
    I always run the EPR to uninstall all patches(is this the right way to unintall the apps?) and I even run EPR again right after the restart to make sure it gives me no app installed error msg.

I hesitated to run webOS repair utility cause I dont know what ROM I should choose....I bought this 2nd hand pre plus from online auction. The seller knows way less than I do...didnt help there ;p
    Is there a way to identify which rom my phone is currently using? This is my first smart phone and I don't want to brick it TxT cause palm pre plus is not officially available in Taiwan. That means I won't get any tech support here to un-brick itT_T

There is a AT&T logo on my manual, but according to my device info app
    the carrier is AT&T, configuration is sprint2.5
    is this normal? Hope this helps
    thank you!

P.S.
    could you please tell me what version your rom is?
    mine is GSM pre plus, I wonder if it's ok to flash your version of rom on my machine?
    Or is it possible to dump my ROM out on to my desktop so I can use it later for recovery?
    Last edited by pongpeeplus; 12/29/2010 at 07:26 AM.
    I updated to 36-4, here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html

added ability to see in the icon button which icon is currently selected. It's easier to understand with a screen shot below.

edit: any one experiencing issues? Can we put it in first post or Preware?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    @pongpeeplus Run the Device Info app. The version field will tell you what version ROM you have.
    ... according to my device info app
    the carrier is AT&T, configuration is sprint2.5
    is this normal? Hope this helps
    thank you!

P.S.
    could you please tell me what version your rom is?
    mine is GSM pre plus, I wonder if it's ok to flash your version of rom on my machine?
    Or is it possible to dump my ROM out on to my desktop so I can use it later for recovery?
    Does it really say "sprint2.5"?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Does it really say "sprint2.5"?
    Yes, at the configuration row, sprint 2.5
    at the version row is palm webos 1.4.5
    but the carrier is AT&T
    the newest patch doesnt work , got the same "1 out of 17 hunks" error
    thx frantid and govotsos

By the way,
    I got my webdoctor from palm webpage(using S/N)
    However I was worried that after I run the webdoctor, it will ask me to use a US carrier's sim card for the "first use" app(the activation?!)...I only have taiwan carrier's sim card......
    will this be a problem?
    thx all

P.S. happy New year
    Last edited by pongpeeplus; 12/30/2010 at 12:31 PM.

Obviously, the Ubercalendar-Installation did not work. I killed my calendar. First, it didn't even start. Then I restarted the Pre and since then the calendar starts but does not show dates and does not react normally.

I tried to follow the instructions and used the files from the first post. But maybe, I made a mistake, since I am a complete Newby.

What can I do to remove the patch or to retry ?

Hoping for a quick solution since the calendar is my key application.

Thanks!
    totto214
    Tried to remove the patches. However, the ubercalendar patch could not be removed. Enclosed the log:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar35-2.prerm 2>&1

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored"

What can I do now ?
    Are you familiar with a linux terminal or webos Quick Install command line?
    Yes, at the configuration row, sprint 2.5
    at the version row is palm webos 1.4.5
    but the carrier is AT&T
    the newest patch doesnt work , got the same "1 out of 17 hunks" error
    thx frantid and govotsos

By the way,
    I got my webdoctor from palm webpage(using S/N)
    However I was worried that after I run the webdoctor, it will ask me to use a US carrier's sim card for the "first use" app(the activation?!)...I only have taiwan carrier's sim card......
    will this be a problem?
    thx all

P.S. happy New year
    Happy New Year to you as well. If you use 7zip open the doctor file, you can find in the doctor image the original file. Then transfer the original file to your phone with webOS QI. That way you won't have to doctor the phone. I am not familiar with why your phone is from AT&T, but has a sprint2.5 configuration. It's an unknown area for me.

Quote Originally Posted by totto214 View Post

Obviously, the Ubercalendar-Installation did not work. I killed my calendar. First, it didn't even start. Then I restarted the Pre and since then the calendar starts but does not show dates and does not react normally.

I tried to follow the instructions and used the files from the first post. But maybe, I made a mistake, since I am a complete Newby.

What can I do to remove the patch or to retry ?

Hoping for a quick solution since the calendar is my key application.

Thanks!
    totto214
    First, you need to get everything back to a good place.
    - open preware
    - pull down the menu & select Saved Package List
    - tap update - this will save a list of installed packages
    - swipe back to main screen
    - type "patch recovery" without quotes then press enter
    - tap on Emergency Patch Recovery then tap install - this will remove all installed patches
    - when EPR completes, restart your phone
    - on your computer, download webOS Repair Utility at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-1-a.html and make sure to click on the Java 1.6 link to verify you have the latest Java
    - make sure you have the correct Doctor file for your phone in the same directory as Repair Utility and named webosdoctor.jar. If you don't have it, go to http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions and download it
    - restart your PC - this seems to ensure better results for Repair Utility
    - connect the phone to the computer with USB cable and select Charge Only on the phone
    - run Repair Utility
    - I'm not at computer so can't give you step by step here, but pull down the menus & you'll see the one to run the check. Do so and let it overwrite or replace any files it needs to
    - the phone should restart when done
    - when completed, exit Repair Utility and perform a Safely Remove Hardware to remove the phone then unplug the phone
    - on the phone, open the calendar to make sure everything looks normal again
    - open preware & install ÜberCalendar and all other mega patches (sconix's advanced & system patches, email magamix, etc). We install those first to avoid conflicts during installation of other patches
    - in preware, pull down menu & go to Saved Package List
    - press Install. This will automagically install all the patches you previously installed. If there are any errors, that is probably because one or more of the patches conflict with the mega patches. This is OK because the mega patches already include that functionality
    - to complete the ÜberCalendar installation, install Agenda from preware and install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar on the phone. Make sure to include the period before scrims. If you are copying the icons using a Windows PC, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading period in the name. Don't worry - create a folder called scrims and rename it using Internalz on the phone
    - perform a Luna restart on the phone & everything should be installed fine & ÜberCalendar ready to super-power your calendar
    Many thanks, Govotsos. I'm just going to start pointing to your posts, you have helped many people out.

cheers,

frantid

Many thanks, Govotsos. I'm just going to start pointing to your posts, you have helped many people out.

cheers,

frantid
    I'm going to try to write it up nicer & as clear as possible & see it MetaView wants to attach it to the first post for just that reason.
    Thanks a lot Govotsos !!!

I will try and come forward.

I hope it works. I am no freak and don't want to pimp my Pre at all. I just want to have some basic PIM-Functions like in the old Palm OS
    So - the calendar seems to be okay. Thanks again!

Where do I find the "mega patches" you mentioned? I have the german version and there was no entry which I could identify as "mega patches". Do I absolutely need so many patches? Isn't is possible to try to reinstall only Ubercalendar?
    (I would like to minimize all changes/risks).

Just one additional, probably less important question: When I select Safely remove Hardware, two entries are shown: One for drive and one "Novacomp". For the removal of the drive, I get a confirmation but Novacomp can not be removed. Error message is that Novacomp can not be stopped since a programm still accesses.
    I noticed the same yesterday. Is this okay ?

Thanks again - you already saved my day (week) !
    And a happy new year!

Thorsten
    @totto214 For safely remove hardware, select the drive.

"Mega-patches" is just a catchphrase for other patches that, like ÜberCalendar, include the functions of multiple patches into one patch. You want to install the mega patches first because many of the individual patches conflict with the mega patches by trying to change the same code. By installing the mega patches first, you know if you get a conflict trying to install individual patches that that function is probably already rolled into the mega patch & the individual is unnecessary - won't instll anyway.

Mega patches, just like regular ones, are available in preware. They are optional just like any other patches. They just offer the convenience of many changes made with one patch & helps to keep your patch list small.

Examples of mega patches: (actual patch names so you can search for them) ÜberCalendar, Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, Advanced Configuration for System Preferences, Email Mega Mix, PDF Redux, System Menu Mode Menu, System Menu Mods v1, System Menu Today Menu (last three require System Menu Initial Framework be installed first), various patches in the browser category called xxx Mega Mix / Super Mix / Multi Mod). If you look at these, you will see they add a lot of functionality with one patch just like ÜberCalendar.

If all you're looking for is better PIM fuctionality, by all means just install ÜberCalendar. The others are definitely worth a glance, though. Since you are on a German phone, make sure to use the international versions of the patches where available.
    Happy New Year!

updated to 36-5 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html

fix: for monthly repeating events not displaying correctly in the UC date time pickers.