Page 87 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Thanks. Hopefully this will all work and I will not run into anymore problems. So, I should use sconix patch instead of Jason Robitaille (spelling) patch?
    I'm not going to say one is better. Sconix's includes more patches in one patch than Jason's. If you want all those changes in one swoop, sconix makes it easier. If you don't want all those changes or favor a more granular approach, use Jason's & others' patches.

webOS is all about freedom of choice
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Okay. I followed all the instructions, and am happy to report that ubercalendar is working perfectly. There were a few patches that wouldn't install because they were incompatible with - I'm thinking Sconix's - patches. However, my phone actually runs better now than it did before. I cannot say thanks enough. I can at least thank your posts. Again, thanks.
    Last edited by Davey123; 12/20/2010 at 09:01 PM.
    the only patches that conflict with ubercalendar are calendar patches. I have sconix's (both of them) and uber calendar installed with many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    the only patches that conflict with ubercalendar are calendar patches. I have sconix's (both of them) and uber calendar installed with many others.
    I think he was saying that he thought the ones that didn't install were incompatible with sconix's patches. Probably patches that duplicate sconix's many touches.
    A couple of notes about the icon picker 36-2 in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2802221

If you delete all the categories in UC preferences, it will treat it like a bad cookie read and reload the defaults.

Also it adds the required "ICON=name;" to the end of the note if it wasn't some where else before, so if you don't see it -- you probably have to look further down in the note.

edit: for those looking for more icons, there is this post here. Thanks to qwiklight:

http://forums.precentral.net/2587541-post656.html
    Last edited by frantid; 12/21/2010 at 04:03 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    frantid and metaview can or have you thought about adding the option to add icon names to the file so custom icons can show up in all views?

http://forums.precentral.net/2587541-post656.html
    I'm not following. The icons you add to the preferences in 36-2 will show up in all views. Do you mean that it should read in a file so you don't have to put them in preferences? I thought about trying to scan the directory, but I don't know how to do it without writing a service in 1.4.5. I'm hoping that the cookie will be stable enough that people won't have to add in extras more than once.

edit: I think I see, yes before 36-2 as in the linked post extras would not show in day & week. That should be fixed now - if that's the question.
    Last edited by frantid; 12/21/2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Just installed 36-2 and love the icon picker. All my custom icons (kids, doctor, vacation, etc) showed up in the UC prefs for categories and in the picker. Why is the Prefs setting called Categories and not Icons?

Time to add more ICONs.

Great work.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'm hoping for a way to implement categories. Wishful thinking on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm not following. The icons you add to the preferences in 36-2 will show up in all views. Do you mean that it should read in a file so you don't have to put them in preferences? I thought about trying to scan the directory, but I don't know how to do it without writing a service in 1.4.5. I'm hoping that the cookie will be stable enough that people won't have to add in extras more than once.

edit: I think I see, yes before 36-2 as in the linked post extras would not show in day & week. That should be fixed now - if that's the question.

Yes that was the question. Is 36-2 in preware or the first post?
    It's a page back, not tested enough for first post or Preware.
    @swieder, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think I'd use it. But I kind of like it. You can re-order the list in preferences, so the most used ones are listed without scrolling in the picker. Just hold and move in the preferences list.
    Updated patch to 36-3 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html

fixed a regex error where it was stripping out dashes "-". You only need to update if you were naming your icons with dashes, i.e. "birthday-1".

Please remember for local patches you must uninstall restart Luna, then install restart Luna.
    Last edited by frantid; 12/22/2010 at 01:28 PM.
    Hi frantid,Metaview

Having the possibility to add Icons (Categories) on the fly rocks.
    Up until now I edited the patch by hand to match my desired Icons.

I have a question and a suggestion for the month-view:
    Question: is it conceivable to see Icons of allday-events in month view?

Suggestion: You have the possibilty to choose between vertical or horizontal
    placement of the Icons in month-view. Unfortunately both of them cover the small squares denoting blocked time. So I tweaked Your patch so that in one setup the icons are just placed top-center,top-right,center-right,bottom-center,bottom-right, so the squares and the date are always visible. I suggest to add either a extra preference for this or that one of the setups is changed in this way.

Thanks for the hard work You are doing here.
    Regards
    Ralf
    Good job! MetaView
    I am here to find out why I cannot install this wonderful app via preware T_T
    @pongpeeplus - try removing any other calendar related patches before installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pongpeeplus View Post
    Good job! MetaView
    I am here to find out why I cannot install this wonderful app via preware T_T
    There's some issues with the feeds right now. Workaround is to get the patch file from first post & install with Internalz or Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @pongpeeplus - try removing any other calendar related patches before installing.
    thank you for your reply
    However I did uninstall all my patches before I tried to install uber
    and even run the EPR several times after my first attempt failed
    still no luckT_T

I am running 1.4.5 on palm pre plus, using preware(latest version)
    Language setting is english/united state, format:taiwan,

Here is my error log, hope this helps! Thank you in advance!
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 47748 100 47748 0 0 40981 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 49685
    identify
    org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    36 108k 36 40326 0 0 26164 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 33054
    100 108k 100 108k 0 0 48803 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 56825
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patch
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    18 74086 18 13727 0 0 7723 0 0:00:09 0:00:01 0:00:08 11712
    100 74086 100 74086 0 0 28392 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 36987
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    @pongpeeplus - looks like you need to get the original of this file and put it on your Pre. You must not have had a clean uninstall on one of your patches.

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch