Page 86 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    Is there a way to get the Agenda Icon to show up on the calendar, as it is shown in "post #239? I do not have the Agenda Icon with the date located; rather, I just have a blank space where the Agenda Icon is located in post #239.
    However, when I click on the blank space, the Agenda opens.
    It will display the file you have named like so, you can use any icon you want as long as the height & width are correct:

Code:
    /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/menu-icon-agenda.png
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Is there a way to get the Agenda Icon to show up on the calendar, as it is shown in "post #239? I do not have the Agenda Icon with the date located; rather, I just have a blank space where the Agenda Icon is located in post #239.
    However, when I click on the blank space, the Agenda opens.
    It looks like you don't have the .scrims or scrims folder depending on where you installed the patch from.

You need to put the files from post #1 into the folder in /media/internal/

The alarm-icon, Agenda icon and event icons have to be in the internal USB drive in path /.scrims/ubercalendar/ Usually you have to create this path.
    You can download the image files from http://www.metaviewsoft.de/Calendar/...endar-icon.zip
    Event icons need to be specified in the event note following this scheme: ICON=name;
    Example: ICON=birthday;
    Possible names at the moment are
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I downloaded the patch from preware directly onto my phone. I'm a newbie. So, I'm not sure what scrims are, or how to specify these events. What are some preliminary steps that I need to take?
    plug phone in computer usb mode
    Create folder .scrims
    download icon files from first post
    put files into .scrims folder.
    done.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    In creating a folder entitled ".scrims", don't I have to put something before the period? It's not letting me create a folder with that name. Did you mean "scrims", without the period?
    In creating a folder entitled ".scrims", don't I have to put something before the period? It's not letting me create a folder with that name. Did you mean "scrims", without the period?
    If you're using Windows, it won't let you create a folder with a period as the first character. Just create scrim & ubercalendar in it. Unzip the icons into the ubercalendar folder. On the phone, use Internalz (file manager installed with preware) to change scrims to .scrims. Also make sure to install the Agenda app from preware.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If you're using Windows, it won't let you create a folder with a period as the first character. Just create scrim & ubercalendar in it. Unzip the icons into the ubercalendar folder. On the phone, use Internalz (file manager installed with preware) to change scrims to .scrims. Also make sure to install the Agenda app from preware.
    Thanks. I did this. I have a question that supercedes my previous one. When I opened the calendar, I saw all my dates. I swiped back once and all my numbers of the day disappeared. Now I cannot get them back.
    I haven't seen this one. In Calendar did you go into preferences & accounts and set ubercalendar prefs? In prefs select UberCalendar prefs in advanced features. A sunmenu will pop up. Toggle all the settings so they will be saved. Exit prefs & calendar. Reopen calendar & see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I haven't seen this one. In Calendar did you go into preferences & accounts and set ubercalendar prefs? In prefs select UberCalendar prefs in advanced features. A sunmenu will pop up. Toggle all the settings so they will be saved. Exit prefs & calendar. Reopen calendar & see if that helps.
    Yes, I did that, but I still do not see any dates anymore. It's just a blank grid with the days of the week. I have been trying to read through this thread to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. Of course, this is a very large thread. So, I can only read so much at a time. So far, I have seen two other people that have mentioned this. But, no one addressed their posts. I will keep reading later. Thanks.
    Yes, I did that, but I still do not see any dates anymore. It's just a blank grid with the days of the week. I have been trying to read through this thread to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. Of course, this is a very large thread. So, I can only read so much at a time. So far, I have seen two other people that have mentioned this. But, no one addressed their posts. I will keep reading later. Thanks.
    What view are you in week view? Have you tried going to the other views? Do you mean all your data is gone or the screen is white with nothing on it? A screenshot would help, but you would need to hookup to a pc to post it -- I think, never done it from the Pre.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Edit: If you are testing this version, you must uninstall your current version and restart Luna. Then install and restart Luna.

edit2:6 Jan. Attempt at localizing the icon/category popup list. Also added a beta method to set last days and last day of week to recurring events.

edit3: 7 Jan, added preference to choose to use start of week preference instead of ISO week numbering.

edit4: 9 Jan, added ability to manually reset the preference cookies. see below.

edit5: 11 Jan. modified to put the "ICON=name;" at the beginning of the note.

edit6: 14 Jan. added pref for minute interval selections of 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 in the datetime picker.

edit7: 16 Jan - localization fix.

edit8: 17 Jan, fix error

edit9: Patch removed see patch 37 here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2832580-post1988.html

Here's a new version for testing. This version has a few changes:

• back gesture options - you can choose Last, Day, Week, or Month for the back gesture. You actually have to have been in one of the other views to go back or it will just go to card view.
    • added icon in repeat until scene - you can tap on calendar icon to see the UC date time picker calendar.
    • adjusted date time picker scene - removed the "Date" label.
    • added an icon picker - It will put in the list of the standard UC icons. You can add more if you wish. see below and screen shots.

1. To add or delete an icon, you need to go into UC preferences tap "Categories" -- you should see a list of icons(see screen shot). You can reorder them, slide to delete and tap add to add. Your icons have to go into "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/" directory. The file must be named "icon-name.png" -- in all lowercase The "name" is the name of the icon or what you want to call the "category" -- like you see "birthday". Don't worry about webOS always capitalizing the first letter, I change it all to lowercase any way. You can only use "a-z", "0-9", "_" or "-" in your names. The name is limited to 20 characters. Just tap another area and it will save the entry. If you have done it right it should display the icon on the left of the name you chose.

2. To choose an icon, go into the edit scene, tap on the "i". It will popup choices. Tap the choice, or tap out of the list to cancel. See screen shots.

3. Monthly recurring last day or day of week Adds choices for adding last day and day of week recurring monthly events. It works well with Google, but has problems with exchange servers as webos does not support their method of "bysetpos".

4. Hold orange / alt key & tap UberCalendar Prefs button to reset cookies - if your preferences have problems staying try resetting the cookies.

Thanks for testing.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 01/20/2011 at 05:37 AM.

P.S: I'm guessing these will be asked, so here are the answers:

1. Does this add "category" support to the calendar? No, I chose to name it this way. I tried to add categories, they didn't work.

2. Can we add more than 1 icon per event? No.

3. How do I get a icon back after deleting it in prefs? Just add it back in. If you haven't deleted the file, it will work.

4. Can I rename the defaults? Yes, but you have to rename the file as well.

5. Do I have to type in "ICON=name;" in the notes field. No, it will insert it if it's not there.

6. Can you hide "ICON=name;"? No, unless someone else has a way to do it across syncs with other services.

7. I don't like the picker, can I turn it off. No, just don't use it. You can still type things in if you like that better.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    What view are you in week view? Have you tried going to the other views? Do you mean all your data is gone or the screen is white with nothing on it? A screenshot would help, but you would need to hookup to a pc to post it -- I think, never done it from the Pre.

I cannot do a screenshot, because I do not have my power cord with me. However, in the screen is blank in the week view and one-day view. However, in the month view, I have the following icons at the bottom: add event; agenda; day-view; week-view; month-view; and another add-event. The top of the screen has the days of the week (s,m,t,w,t,f,s). And, under the days is calendar grid, which where the numbers typically would be. However, the numbers are missing.

When I tap on the first add-event icon, it opens, however, for time it has: ",NaN NaN:NaN AM to ,NaN NaN:NaN AM. When I click on this, I can only select "all day event"

When I first loaded this everything was working fine. I saw the numbers for the days of week, the alarm icon, etc. However, when I was in the week-view I swiped back once and it went to the month-view. Then, I swiped back again and the numbers in the month-view vanished.

I should mention that the calendar is in my launcher. So, it has the right date. And, the agenda application is working perfectly. I am just having problems with the calendar.
    Have you restarted Luna after patch install?

I would uninstall it via Preware, restart Luna. Then open your calendar make sure it looks ok. If it doesn't post here. If it does you can re-install and restart Luna.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Have you restarted Luna after patch install?

I would uninstall it via Preware, restart Luna. Then open your calendar make sure it looks ok. If it doesn't post here. If it does you can re-install and restart Luna.
    I tried uninstalling ubercalendar and I got the following error message:

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh / media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1

The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs, $which$ $does$ $not$ $exist$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    I tried uninstalling ubercalendar and I got the following error message:

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh / media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1

The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs, $which$ $does$ $not$ $exist$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    You can try this, if you are familiar with linux commands. Install the terminal app from Preware. Once you install and restart, type the following in the app:

Code:
    touch /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    Then try to uninstall UC again.

If you are not familiar with Linux, do it from webOS Quick Install "Linux command Line" option. I'd delete the terminal app after you successfully uninstall UC, unless you are comfortable using the terminal. One bad typo can cause you to doctor your phone.

double check it before you hit enter.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    You can try this, if you are familiar with linux commands. Install the terminal app from Preware. Once you install and restart, type the following in the app:

Code:
    touch /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    Then try to uninstall UC again.

If you are not familiar with Linux, do it from webOS Quick Install "Linux command Line" option. I'd delete the terminal app after you successfully uninstall UC, unless you are comfortable using the terminal. One bad typo can cause you to doctor your phone.

double check it before you hit enter.
    Thanks for the feedback. I probably should reiterate that I am a newbie at this whole thing. I had only downloaded things from Preware. However, I went "out of on limb" and used the usb to get the icons for ubercalendar. With that caveat, I will say that I am not at all familiar with using linux. So, that takes me to your second suggestion. Of course, I have a few questions for my clarity. I downloaded the terminal app. I can see that the text is really small. However, there is one line of text on the black screen. You are suggesting that I type the command that you suggested on the next line? However, if I make a mistake, then I may cause problems to my phone?

Is there another option?
    Yes, I should have thought of it earlier. In Preware, tap on list of everything. Type in emergency, select emergency patch recovery. Install it and it should ask you to restart Luna. It will remove all patches you have installed. You can install them again.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I am not looking forward to doing that. However, I really rely on my calendar. So, I guess I will set some time aside to do it. I should have been satisfied with those 15 calendar patches instead of trying to get ubercalendar on my phone
    Before you run EPR, update your saved packages list. Do this by opening preware, pull down menu, select saved packages, press update. This will save a list of all your installed apps & patches. Now run EPR and restart phone. Open preware. Install UberCalendar (and sconix's advanced & system menu patches) BEFORE anything else. From the main preware screen, pull down the menu, select saved packages, press install. This will reinstall all your patches automagically. If there are any conflicts, they are probably patches incompatible with UberCalendar (or sconix's) and can be swiped away (deleted) from the list. Do a restart & you should be set.

If your calendar is still blank, you will need to do an additional step - run File recovery utility from your computer. If needed, I'll give you steps for that later.