Page 84 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    Ok, $1.19 is way too cheap for this. Anyway I can send you a little more?
    You'll find a donation link on the first post, or just click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Did you travel across time zones during that time? I've found that still wreaks havoc with all day events, or events that span days. Not UC-related by the way.

Regards,
    Tom
    as a matter of fact i did travel to california, thanks for the info, can i expect this to happen every time i travel?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    yes, I updated Ubercalendar via Preware last week also and I'm having the same issue, but only if I have the event repeat, no issue if it's a single event. The issue has to be due to something other than going to a different time zone since it's been about a year since I last ventured out of the eastern time zone...

Also updated preware last week. looks like no easy answer to this problem.
    frantid, in my case the the shifted dates were birthdays and holidays that i entered in as all day events. the birthdays from 2010 and 2011 have all shifted back 1-2 days. any suggestions you may have to keep this from happening again is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    OT: Interestingly, the mobile version doesn't show the donate link, only the full version does. I keep running into things that I wish p|c would bring to the mobile version of the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    as a matter of fact i did travel to california, thanks for the info, can i expect this to happen every time i travel?
    These were yearly repeats? UC doesn't do anything with the yearly repeats that I am aware of.

Sure, I was setting a hour long event at 10 pm for this Sunday and next Sunday. I first tried a custom daily repeat for every 7 days and made the stop date next Sunday. When I was finished inputting everything I went back to Day view and the event showed on this Saturday and next Saturday. So, I deleted the event and tried again except I did a custom weekly repeat and only checked Sunday, but I got the same result of it showing the two Saturdays. The only way I was able to get the events to show on Sunday was to input the event on each Sunday with no repeat.

Thanks for the quick response and for looking into this for me.
    The good news is I can't find anything in UberCalendar that would affect this, but that is also the bad news as I can't find an explanation of why this happened.

A couple of questions for both of you:

1. Can you repeat the error? If you try this again does it do the same thing? I can not get the problem to occur on my Pre or the emulator. If you can get it to repeat, can you post a screen shot with the datepicker open in the until date picker of the custom repeat schedule? If you are not familiar with getting the little calendar to display, tap on the group title gray bar where it is labeled "REPEAT UNTIL". This will help me see how UC sees the repeat schedule.

2. Do you have your settings to get the timezone from the network? Are you both on the same phone company? There was a Microsoft DST update to its operating systems on Dec 7, so that might have affected some servers out there. But that is just a guess on my part.

3. Was the error produced in all the views -- day, week and month?

For background info, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $UC$ $only$ $changes$ $the$ $date$ $of$ $an$ $event$ $when$ $you$ $are$ $in$ $the$ $date$ $time$ $picker$ $changing$ $the$ $dates$. $For$ $repeat$ $schedules$ $it$ $only$ $happens$ $when$ $you$ $do$ $a$ $tap$ $and$ $hold$ $on$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $repeating$ $days$ $of$ $the$ $event$ $or$ $if$ $you$ $change$ $the$ $until$ $date$. $i$.$e$. $the$ $6$ $month$ $scrolling$ $calendar$ $with$ $yellow$ $underlining$ $on$ $the$ $repeat$ $days$. $Holding$ $on$ $an$ $underlined$ $day$ $will$ $remove$ $the$ $event$ $on$ $that$ $day$, $holding$ $on$ $a$ $non$-$marked$ $day$ $will$ $add$ $that$ $day$ $as$ $long$ $as$ $it$ $fits$ $the$ $recurring$ $rule$. $Tapping$ $a$ $day$ $changes$ $the$ $until$ $day$.

It does sound like timezone type errors, but I can't get it to happen for me.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post

The only thing I find odd is the use of the meta tap to delete and the orange button tap to copy. It would seem much more natural and usable to me if those were swapped.
    Glad you are enjoying the patch. If you look back several pages, you will see the discussion we had on it. The main point was that to delete an event one almost never wants to edit it. But when one copies an event the possibility of wanting to edit it is greater.

edit: I should add if you want to copy without the keyboard, tap the event to get the edit scene, use the menu command to "edit event as new"
    Last edited by frantid; 12/08/2010 at 06:03 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The main point was that to delete an event one almost never wants to edit it. But when one copies an event the possibility of wanting to edit it is greater.
    I suppose that makes some sense. Any thoughts of making the decision configurable under in preferences? <wink> <wink>
    Last edited by terryg; 12/08/2010 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thanks! I didn't see it - I was looking for a yellow donate button - missed the link.
    [QUOTE=frantid;2788320]These were yearly repeats? UC doesn't do anything with the yearly repeats that I am aware of.

yes these are yearly, re entered birthdays last night for 2011. this morning all have shifted back a day. is there a bug somewhere? great app want to continue using it, i depend heavily on this calender. help me fix this if u can. also, i have the agenda app on here too, it shows the incorrect date too. been using this app for @ 6 mo, no problems til a couple weeks ago. thanks.
    These were yearly repeats? UC doesn't do anything with the yearly repeats that I am aware of.

The good news is I can't find anything in UberCalendar that would affect this, but that is also the bad news as I can't find an explanation of why this happened.

A couple of questions for both of you:

1. Can you repeat the error? If you try this again does it do the same thing? I can not get the problem to occur on my Pre or the emulator. If you can get it to repeat, can you post a screen shot with the datepicker open in the until date picker of the custom repeat schedule? If you are not familiar with getting the little calendar to display, tap on the group title gray bar where it is labeled "REPEAT UNTIL". This will help me see how UC sees the repeat schedule.

2. Do you have your settings to get the timezone from the network? Are you both on the same phone company? There was a Microsoft DST update to its operating systems on Dec 7, so that might have affected some servers out there. But that is just a guess on my part.

3. Was the error produced in all the views -- day, week and month?

For background info, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $UC$ $only$ $changes$ $the$ $date$ $of$ $an$ $event$ $when$ $you$ $are$ $in$ $the$ $date$ $time$ $picker$ $changing$ $the$ $dates$. $For$ $repeat$ $schedules$ $it$ $only$ $happens$ $when$ $you$ $do$ $a$ $tap$ $and$ $hold$ $on$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $repeating$ $days$ $of$ $the$ $event$ $or$ $if$ $you$ $change$ $the$ $until$ $date$. $i$.$e$. $the$ $6$ $month$ $scrolling$ $calendar$ $with$ $yellow$ $underlining$ $on$ $the$ $repeat$ $days$. $Holding$ $on$ $an$ $underlined$ $day$ $will$ $remove$ $the$ $event$ $on$ $that$ $day$, $holding$ $on$ $a$ $non$-$marked$ $day$ $will$ $add$ $that$ $day$ $as$ $long$ $as$ $it$ $fits$ $the$ $recurring$ $rule$. $Tapping$ $a$ $day$ $changes$ $the$ $until$ $day$.

It does sound like timezone type errors, but I can't get it to happen for me.
    Ok, I was able to repeat the error, but only if I don't use the datepicker to choose the end date. I never knew that the datepicker was available for choosing the end date of a custom repeat, I'll have to start using that since that's a better way of selecting the end date. When I used the datepicker no shifting back a day occurred. Sorry no screen shot, I'm using my Pre to type this and I don't know how to attach a screenshot when not using a computer...
    [QUOTE=abnimmers;2788700]

yes these are yearly, re entered birthdays last night for 2011. this morning all have shifted back a day. is there a bug somewhere? great app want to continue using it, i depend heavily on this calender. help me fix this if u can. also, i have the agenda app on here too, it shows the incorrect date too. been using this app for @ 6 mo, no problems til a couple weeks ago. thanks.
    What is your timezone? What is the day you are trying to set it up as? If you can walk me through it in a detailed step by step, I might be able to repeat it. How do you start making the event? Using the new all day icon, in which view do you start? That's the level of detail I need. Have you tried it with UC not installed?

Ok, I was able to repeat the error, but only if I don't use the datepicker to choose the end date. I never knew that the datepicker was available for choosing the end date of a custom repeat, I'll have to start using that since that's a better way of selecting the end date. When I used the datepicker no shifting back a day occurred. Sorry no screen shot, I'm using my Pre to type this and I don't know how to attach a screenshot when not using a computer...
    In the next version I put an icon button like the normal date picker so it's more obvious. If you weren't using the date picker to get the error, then I don't think it can be UC related it. I tried it by starting in week view using the icon for new timed event, picking the start time and date of Sunday 12th start 10pm 1 hour long. Then I choose custom repeat, choose daily then 7 day interval, then the end date of the 19th. What am I doing differently than you are? What are your timezone settings manual or network? Eastern Standard time right?

I still get some date-shifting of all-day events when I travel across timezones. All timed events shift times when you enter a new timezone, so I imagine the problem is that if all-day events have a start time of 12am, the adjusted start time may now be on a new day (depending on direction of travel). I still haven't completely figured out how this particular bug works.

That's the only date-shifting bug I've seen. If someone is getting dateshifts without changing timezones, then something else is going on.

Regards,
    Tom
    In the next version I put an icon button like the normal date picker so it's more obvious. If you weren't using the date picker to get the error, then I don't think it can be UC related it. I tried it by starting in week view using the icon for new timed event, picking the start time and date of Sunday 12th start 10pm 1 hour long. Then I choose custom repeat, choose daily then 7 day interval, then the end date of the 19th. What am I doing differently than you are? What are your timezone settings manual or network? Eastern Standard time right?
    My timezone settings are set to network and yes I'm in the Eastern Standard time zone. The only thing different you did than I have been doing is you started in week view and used the "new timed event" icon. I started in day view and tapped the hour the event happens, then tapped the " i " on the right side to get to where I enter the details of the event. I followed the steps you did and the repeated event displayed on the correct days.
    [QUOTE=frantid;2788741]

What is your timezone? What is the day you are trying to set it up as? If you can walk me through it in a detailed step by step, I might be able to repeat it. How do you start making the event? Using the new all day icon, in which view do you start? That's the level of detail I need. Have you tried it with UC not installed?
    I'm the central time zone, at first i just put the b days and holidays as all day events with no reminders, then last night i used APPBOX to save the b days to the calender. When i checked them last nite they were saved onto to correct days as all day events. This morning they had all shifted and did not show as all day events. started in the daily view to start, i have not uninstalled uc as of yet. will that lose me my past entries when i reinstall?
    Ok just uninstalled uc still have same issues with the calender so its not uc. will try to figure this out, thanks for ur help.
    My timezone settings are set to network and yes I'm in the Eastern Standard time zone. The only thing different you did than I have been doing is you started in week view and used the "new timed event" icon. I started in day view and tapped the hour the event happens, then tapped the " i " on the right side to get to where I enter the details of the event. I followed the steps you did and the repeated event displayed on the correct days.

I'm the central time zone, at first i just put the b days and holidays as all day events with no reminders, then last night i used APPBOX to save the b days to the calender. When i checked them last nite they were saved onto to correct days as all day events. This morning they had all shifted and did not show as all day events. started in the daily view to start, i have not uninstalled uc as of yet. will that lose me my past entries when i reinstall?
    Are both of you using the Palm profile calendars?

I did get one event to hang on me, it will always display on the day before it is supposed to display. No matter how I change it, it won't work the way it is supposed to work. I can only do it with a Palm profile account, Google, exchange, yahoo all work ok. I can't find a reason for it. It is not UC as it happened without UC installed. Once I got the bad event, I could make others 1 out of 3 times. But after I restarted luna, I could not make a new bad event.

I think there is a bug in the calendar service some where. I think if you go back and delete any of the hanging events, then restart luna or the phone. You might be able to make the problem go away. I have not been able to create another bad event after doing that procedure.

Unfortunately, that's the best I can do as I don't know how to debug the java calendar service.

On this topic, I also have a few issues with the calendar, and I know for sure they have nothing to do with UC as I had them before I installed UC:

1) I use MS exchange and work with folks in another timezone (Taiwan). They set up recurring meetings on my calendar through outlook/exchange, with reminders. When one of these reminders goes off, it keeps repeating over and over. If I snooze or dismiss the reminder, it comes right back and continues to repeat. The only way I get around this is to fire up JStop (between all these reminders that continue to go off) and kill all of the calendar processes. I then don't bring up the calander card until after the appointment has started. I know I'm not the only one with this issue, as I've been in a room with a co-worker who has a sprint pre and was invited a meeting set up this way, and his pre went off as well (he doesn't use any homebrew, so I don't know how he gets around it).

2) I cannot delete individual occurrences of these kinds of appointments from my calendar from my Verizon pre+. I go through the delete process, but the appointment just stays. I can do so in outlook/exchange, but they don't get deleted from my pre after synchronization.

3) Sometimes, a single appointment (created this way) will show up on two adjacent days. For example, it may be set up to occur at 5pm Wednesday, and I see the appointment on my pre at 5pm Wednesday and 5pm Tuesday. (outlook 2007, which I am using, doesn't allow me to change the timezone of the appointment if I didn't create it, which was one way I was going to try to work around these issues).

Can be very embarrassing when the phone goes haywire like that.
    @liketreo - those sound nasty, glad I haven't experienced those.

edit: hopefully with 2.0 we'll be able to see deeper as they were supposed to get rid of the java services.