Page 81 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    I've had problems uninstalling UC from precentral when the version currently installed was one frantid posted in the thread. If you still have the old one you installed, open it in Internalz & hit the uninstall button. When done, Luna restart then install new version.

If you don't have the old version, preware will tell you what version is currently installed in the installed packages list. I have some of the old versions I could send you to uninstall with. I'm sure frantid could send it to you if it's one I don't have.

After the Luna restart, open your calendar & make sure it looks right BEFORE installing the new version. If it's an all white screen, run the Repair Utility from your PC first and reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did you have a local version installed and try to update? Can you detail the steps you did to get the error?
    yes i have an old version and i run preware to upfate and i have this message. And my calendar doesn't work thé windows show blank screen
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    yes i have an old version and i run preware to upfate and i have this message. And my calendar doesn't work thé windows show blank screen
    Follow the directions in my post 2 up. Open old patch in Internalz, uninstall, Luna restart, check calendar, if FUBAR run Repair utility & reboot, install new version from preware or first post with Internalz.
    how can I open it with internalz ?
    @LaurentP - perhaps you should perform EPR. If you don't remember how you installed the first time or are unfamiliar with local patch installs.

how many patches do you have installed? It is important that you not do anything else with your phone during an install or uninstall.
  6.    #1606  
    Is it just me or is today the day of non-reading ppl? DON'T UPDATE WITH PREWARE IF YOU HAVE A NON-PREWARE VERSION INSTALLED, INSTEAD DEINSTALL, RESET, INSTALL FROM PREWARE.

Sorry, I had to do it. I was reading in the Duke3D-thread before...
    i have preware version aund i try to install thé version of tthe precentral forum. I'm sorry but english is not my mother tongue
  8.    #1608  
    Hi LaurentP,

sorry, wasn't especially against you. I know it's sometimes hard to find the right info, especially if you it is in a foreign language.

The rule is: when switching from Preware-version to forum-version or the other way around, deinstall what you have with the tool you used to install it. Then perform a reset (there are other ways, but this might be the easiest), check to see the calendar looks like the stock calendar, install the new version.
    Sometimes the info about the installed patch is lost, happens to me from time to time, for instance after switching the active profile of my Pre. Then, EPR might be you last help, or you need the WebOSDoctor to recover your device.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    how can I open it with internalz ?
    Do you have Internalz installed? Its a file manager sort of like Windows Explorer. If you don't have it, run preware, type internalz & press enter. When the search comes back, install it and its dependancies.

If you have the old version attached to an email, open the msg & tap on the attachment. This will launch Internalz - tap the uninstall button then Luna restart.

If you have it downloaded on your phone, start Internalz, tap on the patch file (probably in /media/internal/downloads). A popup menu will appear. Select open the tap uninstall. Luna restart.

Open your calendar. If white screen, close calendar. Connect phone to computer & select Just Charge. Run Repair Utility on your PC & replace any missing / modified files. Restart phone. Check calendar - should be OK now. Run preware & install ÜberCalendar. Luna restart & all should be OK. Make sure you have the icon files in /.scrims/ubercalendar - make sure you don't forget the period before scrims. Make sure Agenda is installed & all should be well.
    no problem metaview. ILve copy thé week.jsjsjs $file$ $with$ $internalz$ $aund$ $now$ $all$ $is$ $OK$. $Thank$'$s$ $for$ $help$ $and$ $for$ $this$ $great$ $patche$
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It's done. Just one thought: Spanish translation might be a separate patch, because the US-devices have english/spanish as locals. Any spanish speaker from US will get an install error when trying to install the spanish translation.

Merci, Henk
    You're welcome.

I am not sure I understood what you mean.
    On my french SFR Pre, following locals are available: de_de,en_ca, en_gb, en_ie, es_es, es_mx, es_us, fr_ca, fr_fr, it_it.
    Do you mean that:
    A: US-users shoul find the spanish tranlation in es_us ?
    or
    B: US-devices have other locals, and therefore installing a patch that tries to apply on fr_fr or de_de that do not exist on these devices will en up with an error?

I suspect B to be what you meant.
    In that case, how can I get the informations about:
    1. what is the list of locals available on US-devices?
    2. in how many local "flavours", with wich locals, is WebOS distributed?
  12.    #1612  
    As mentioned somewhere before,it's B. There are 2 different flavors of WebOS localisation (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK):
    1. US/Mexico with English and Spanish
    2. Rest Of World
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question... I installed one of the earlier patches manually to test, and now I notice that there's a new version in preware. I assume that I need to uninstall the one that I did manually... but how?

Thanks...
    @swaldman - do you remember how you got it on your phone? Govotos's post above lists ways to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Should be part of the description in Preware.
    Not complaining, but it's not very clear in the Preware description that we need to change the folder name for this update?

I did it with Internalz and now my extra button and Icons are back
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16.    #1616  
    Just checked it: it isn't like I thougt it should appear. Will try to make this point more appearing.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @swaldman - do you remember how you got it on your phone? Govotos's post above lists ways to uninstall.
    I grabbed it from this forum and used internalz to install. I was going to do the same to uninstall, but because it's an old version it has been removed from this forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    I grabbed it from this forum and used internalz to install. I was going to do the same to uninstall, but because it's an old version it has been removed from this forum!
    What version DO you have installed? Maybe one of us can send it to you?

@frantid Do you need the exact same version to uninstall? I haven't tried that.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    What version DO you have installed? Maybe one of us can send it to you?
    How would I tell? It is the one that was posted by frantid in this thread on 10/10/10, and subsequently removed...

I feel very silly having to ask this.
  20.    #1620  
    Internalz creates no backup of the patch file? Maybe you have the original files as backup in the Calendar folder? Then it might be an option to remove the patched files and rename the backup files. I did it recently after Preware and WOSQI both didn't know anymore that I had UC installed. I found in the Calendar directory file with .webosinternals extension which were the backup files.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro