Page 77 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    No, it means remove the create birthday events patch (if installed). Remove any patches in the Calendar category in preware. If an installed patch sounds like it has anything to do with calendar functionality, ‹berCalendar will probably conflict with it so remove it. Also remove any previously installed ‹berCalendar.

After removing patches, do a Luna restart and install ‹berCalendar, Agenda, and the icons. Agenda is in preware. The icons and ‹berCalendar are attached to the first post of this thread. Remember to install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar - note the period (.) before scrims and the spelling of ‹bercalendar.
    Thanks. Finally got it, had to remove the snooze duration patch, did not think of it.Love it
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue.
    I have also experienced this same issue.

FYI: UC is the first and only calendar patch I have installed.

Also: since installing the most recent UC 34-6 patch (for a little over a week or so) it happens very rarely.
    Last edited by Mr._Happy; 11/17/2010 at 01:36 AM.
    I have a blank calender. I removed the patch and tried to reinstall but it failed. I've tried EPR and Emergency Reconstruction and the patch still won't install. Never had an issue like this before with this patch. QI and Preware shows that I don't have the patch. Couldn't find it in Internalz either and yet it won't install because QI and Preware thinks the phone still has this patch installed. When I select preferences tab in calender the menu still shows ubercalender options...so it's gotta be installed somewhere just can't find it. I just cannot doctor this phone again, I have too much installed and tweaked that it would take me hours to get it all back. Is this my only alternative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I have also experienced this same issue.

FYI: UC is the first and only calendar patch I have installed.

Also: since installing the most recent UC 34-6 patch (for a little over a week or so) it happens very rarely.
    If you can find a pattern, please let me know. Try to get the following info:

What app are you using when it fails?
    Is the calendar open or closed?
    What type of event is it - google, palm profile, etc?
    What are your repeat notification and snooze settings?
    What alert sound are you using?
    How long are you trying to snooze for?
    Is it the first time you have snoozed the alert?
    Has it already gone through the repeat notifications when you try to snooze?
    Do any of the buttons work - like the dismiss or snooze without changing the time?

Thanks, I know it's a lot of information. I have 4 alarms running on my Pre pretty much non-stop. I snooze them all different times after each alert, I can't get the bug to appear.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I have a blank calender. I removed the patch and tried to reinstall but it failed. I've tried EPR and Emergency Reconstruction and the patch still won't install. Never had an issue like this before with this patch. QI and Preware shows that I don't have the patch. Couldn't find it in Internalz either and yet it won't install because QI and Preware thinks the phone still has this patch installed. When I select preferences tab in calender the menu still shows ubercalender options...so it's gotta be installed somewhere just can't find it. I just cannot doctor this phone again, I have too much installed and tweaked that it would take me hours to get it all back. Is this my only alternative?
    Search this thread for govotsos's posts, he's answered this one a few times. There are a couple of ways of manually doing it - there in this thread as well - I know the thread is huge.

Here's one way:

http://forums.precentral.net/2704086-post1269.html

I know there's a more detailed post in here somewhere with a list of files.

Here's the file list that needs to be manually replaced if you want to do that:

Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$dashboard$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$datetime$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$day$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$prefs$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$reminder$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$repeat$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$week$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$calendar$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$formatter_service$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$reminder$-$manager$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$jumpto$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$sources$.$json$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$calendar$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$datetime$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$day$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$event$-$colors$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$month$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$notification$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$repeat$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$week$.$css$
    delete this file:
    Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    If you do it manually, remember to restart luna after. Also you may want to run emergency reconstruction utility to make sure Preware is updated with the patch not being installed.

Also it's very important when doing a local patch install or uninstall that you not do anything else - email, sms, phone calls, while patching. I have found these to cause errors when patching.

Other user names to search for are swieder, kkhanmd -- I think they had this issue as well at one time???
    Last edited by frantid; 11/17/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I had a blank calendar once a while back. Freaked me out. A luna restart did nothing, but a full device restart brought everything back. Never has happened since. Not sure this is relevant or been suggested, but I will post anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Search this thread for govotsos's posts, he's answered this one a few times. There are a couple of ways of manually doing it - there in this thread as well - I know the thread is huge.

Here's one way:

[url]

I know there's a more detailed post in here somewhere with a list of files.
    One step to add to the post frantid pointed to, after performing the EPR and Luna restart, run the WebOS Repair Utility from your PC. Let it replace any modified or missing files. The restart phone, install mega patches, restore saved packages list & you should be fine.

The WebOS Repair Utility is at

http://is.gd/hhYD4
    edit: 23 Nov. patch 35-2 moved to first post.

dentz found a bug:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ts-delete.html

I believe I have fixed it. I also did a little clean up in the reminders -- might help those with errors, no guarantees.

If you are new to local patches, please uninstall the one you have installed, restart Luna and then install and restart Luna.

cheers
    Last edited by frantid; 11/23/2010 at 02:47 PM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks to the contribution of CptOx, I added spanish language to the Ubercalendar Multilingual Translation patch.

Available languages are now: french, german, spanish.

Muchas gracias, CptOx.

The new translation patch file is attached below.

@Metaview: could you be so kind to update the first post accordingly?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It has been my pleasure. If you need anything don't hesitate to contact me.

CptOx.
    frantid and govotsos...appreciate your response and assistance, tonight when I get to my laptop, i'll give your recommendations a try...

thanks again!
    If you can find a pattern, please let me know. Try to get the following info:

What app are you using when it fails?
    Is the calendar open or closed?
    What type of event is it - google, palm profile, etc?
    What are your repeat notification and snooze settings?
    What alert sound are you using?
    How long are you trying to snooze for?
    Is it the first time you have snoozed the alert?
    Has it already gone through the repeat notifications when you try to snooze?
    Do any of the buttons work - like the dismiss or snooze without changing the time?

Thanks, I know it's a lot of information. I have 4 alarms running on my Pre pretty much non-stop. I snooze them all different times after each alert, I can't get the bug to appear.
    Usually when I have problems it is when the phone is trying to do many things at once. Receiving e-mail at random while playing a game and then a reminder pops up... uh-oh...

However 34-6 has been MUCH more stable with regard to the snooze function. It's only happened a handful times since I've updated.

What app are you using when it fails? This is very hard to say. Usually e-mail, tasks and Music Remix 2.0 are involved, however I can't say with certainty these are the apps. Once I remember it happened as I was getting a phone call; I'm sure I was also doing something else, but I'm not sure what: e-mail, listening to music, fooling with Preware. I'll try to be more focused on the details.
    Is the calendar open or closed? Almost always closed. Of late, certainly closed.
    What type of event is it - google, palm profile, etc? Most of my calendar functions are handled by Google. I only use the Palm for a very few, private appointments.
    What are your repeat notification and snooze settings? My snooze is a standard five minute default. I recently changed my repeat notifications from once to unlimited and from 3 minutes to 2 minutes. I think since I've done this the problem has gone away.
    What alert sound are you using? Blink for Alert is off, and the Event Reminders has always been set for Vibrate.
    How long are you trying to snooze for? Doesn't matter, either the +/- button just fails to respond or it works but then the + and - buttons don't.
    Is it the first time you have snoozed the alert? It typically happens on the first time, but it is not limited to that.
    Has it already gone through the repeat notifications when you try to snooze? Not necessarily, but I do recall that it has worked at first and then failed on a successive reminder, but that was likely pre 34-6
    Do any of the buttons work - like the dismiss or snooze without changing the time? Pre 34-6 there were occasions when all the buttons froze. More recently it's just the +/- or + and - buttons.

I will say that it has been working fine these last few days.

I'm going to upgrade to 35 and will be sure and give a detailed report should it happen again.
    Last edited by Mr._Happy; 11/18/2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    I seem to be getting alarm banners twice. When an alarm comes, I hit dismiss and a few seconds later I get the same alarm banner.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I seem to be getting alarm banners twice. When an alarm comes, I hit dismiss and a few seconds later I get the same alarm banner.

Me too. I think this is only for entries that are created on the EAS side and synced down to the Pre.

HaPe
    Anyone know a free EAS service? I've got windows live, but that's not true exchange just active sync.

Just with the new one or in general?

35 just did it to me.

Snooze Dismiss +/- came up and after hitting +/- the + function wouldn't advance the snooze times. I couldn't use the - as my default is 5 minutes. The dismiss button worked.

Agenda was the only other thing running.

It may be of note that I had fallen asleep and so didn't see the alarm when it popped up, it was well past the start time for the event when I was attempting to snooze.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    35 just did it to me.

Snooze Dismiss +/- came up and after hitting +/- the + function wouldn't advance the snooze times.

Agenda was the only other thing running.

It may be of note that I had fallen asleep and so didn't see the alarm when it popped up, it was well past the start time for the event when I was attempting to snooze.
    Thanks, did the "-" button work? edit: ok I see. also if you hit minus, it will just cycle through.

Just with the new one or in general?
    I have had this problem for a few of the Beta releases. -34 and -35 for sure have it.

All of my calendar entries are sync'd with EAS. EAS is my default calendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have had this problem for a few of the Beta releases. -34 and -35 for sure have it.

All of my calendar entries are sync'd with EAS. EAS is my default calendar.
    The change I made in that time was a way to remember the last chosen snooze. It's easy to test. Make an appointment with an alert and see if it has a second alert if you just dismiss it on the first time -- don't let the reminders go off just hit dismiss. That will test if it is the change or not.

If you could test a palm profile event that would be good as well, to see if it is really a EAS only problem.