Page 76 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #1501  
    doesn't work yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    I had some installation problems as well. After I installed the latest version of Ubercalendar from this thread, the icons from my scrims/ubercalendar folder weren't appearing. I uninstalled the thread patch and reinstalled the version in Preware and they appeared again. Any idea why this might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I think they changed the folder to .scrims
    That did it. I went into Internalz and created a ".scrims" directory in /media/internal/. I then used USB mode on my laptop to transfer the Ubercalendar image file folder from the old scrims directory to the new one. Uninstalled Preware Ubercalendar, Luna restart. Reinstalled Ubercalendar 34-6 from this thread, Luna restart. Worked like a charm. Thanks very much and have a good night.
    I am quite confused, why is it that there are two different versions of this patch, ie. one in this thread and another avaialble via preware? NOt only that, it seems an entirely different numbering scheme seems to be in use in both places. Also, why does this thread state the folder for icons as '.scrims' whereas the instructions in preware state 'scrims'? I understand that for those who may have been religiously following this thread from the begining, it might not be that confusing but, for the rest I am sure this is a major cause for problems. Or is there more to this, which I am missing?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    The patches in this thread are like continuous beta-versions, from time to time the new features are "officially" released in preware.
    The disadvantage of using scrims is that the images show up in the builtin photo-app, hence .scrims will hopefully be used in the future.
    The different numbering is because preware used its own system while the numbers here are more like an absolute version numbers. Also, once the "running betas" are resolved to a final version, it can take some time to update in the preware feed. The latest stable version is always in the first post and can easily be installed with internalz.

Remember, when installing a new version, always remove the old one first and do a Luna restart before installing the new one.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Agenda Icon in Ubercalendar

This set is for the in-thread patch available from the 1st post:
    frantid,

That did it. I went into Internalz and created a ".scrims" directory in /media/internal/. I then used USB mode on my laptop to transfer the Ubercalendar image file folder from the old scrims directory to the new one. Uninstalled Preware Ubercalendar, Luna restart. Reinstalled Ubercalendar 34-6 from this thread, Luna restart. Worked like a charm. Thanks very much and have a good night.
    In order to use the now-current Preware version (v 1.45-75), the folder name needs to be /scrims/ubercalendar/ -not ".scrims" -the in-thread patch, being a newer constantly-updated-beta-type version has been updated to use the '.scrim' folder name so the icons won't show up in the Photos app...

I just wanted to add this all-inclusive post because it was rather a pain to figure out this week since searching the threads pulled up blanks... Hopefully this takes a little confusion out until the Preware patch is updated to work how this forum instructs...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    +1
    when I try to install from preware it says 3 out of 4 hunks failed. Any advice?
    Remove all calendar related patches & create birthday patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Just to make it clear in a separate post:
    I think it would be great to add other languages to those currently supported by this great UberCalendar patch.
    At this time, we have:
    - english (default)
    - french and german (using the Localization patch I posted here and attached to this post)

If you speak one of the following languages:
    en_ca, en_gb, en_ie, es_es, es_mx, es_us, fr_ca, it_it
    particularly spanish or italian and want to help adding you language, it is very easy: You'll just have to:
    1. send me a private message (click here) and I'll send you an Excel sheet containing the words and strings to translate.
    2. Fill in the Excel sheet and send it to me.
    3. I'll do the rest, and you will be credited in the patch, naturally.

So please, be so kind and help others to have UberCalendar displaying in their native language!

I would like to have more languages integrated before I submit the localization patch to Preware.
    Kratus, obviously I'm late for the first translation patch release, but if you still admit contributors, I could do a Spanish (es_es) translation.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Kratus, obviously I'm late for the first translation patch release, but if you still admit contributors, I could do a Spanish (es_es) translation.
    Thank you, your help is appreciated.
    Please check your PMs, I sent you the file.
    Has anyone been experiencing issues recently using the snooze picker? I find that sometimes hitting the "+/" button doesn't do anything, and other times, if the next set of buttons do come up:
    - Snooze +
    hitting the + or - doesn't advance the snooze time, and hitting Snooze doesn't minimize the reminder.

When this happens I usually just tap on the appointment, the reminder disappears, I swipe the calendar away, and sometimes the reminder will come back shortly, and then I can reselect the snooze amount.

I'm on v 1.45-75

Thanks...
    when you say create bday patch does that mean install the birthday patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Remove all calendar related patches & create birthday patch.
    Does that mean install the birthday patch?
    Thx for helping
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    Does that mean install the birthday patch?
    Thx for helping
    No, it means remove the create birthday events patch (if installed). Remove any patches in the Calendar category in preware. If an installed patch sounds like it has anything to do with calendar functionality, ‹berCalendar will probably conflict with it so remove it. Also remove any previously installed ‹berCalendar.

After removing patches, do a Luna restart and install ‹berCalendar, Agenda, and the icons. Agenda is in preware. The icons and ‹berCalendar are attached to the first post of this thread. Remember to install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar - note the period (.) before scrims and the spelling of ‹bercalendar.
    @liketreo - is this happening in landscape? There's a fix in the one in the first post, it might help in portrait as well. Perhaps it might be a left over from the alternate snooze patch. Can you try the one from the first post? Remember to uninstall and restart luna before updating. Also the first post version needs to have scrims directory renamed to ".scrims"
  16.    #1516  
    Create Birthday patch is in fact a contact patch...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @liketreo - is this happening in landscape? There's a fix in the one in the first post, it might help in portrait as well. Perhaps it might be a left over from the alternate snooze patch. Can you try the one from the first post? Remember to uninstall and restart luna before updating. Also the first post version needs to have scrims directory renamed to ".scrims"
    I'm experiencing the same issue. @I'll try to see whether it happens in landscape, too. I'm running 34-6 right now but have had this issue in every instance of UC I've used.

My workaround at this point has been to use the back gesture when the snooze picker won't work. That snoozes the reminder for five minutes. Sometimes the snooze picker works properly when the reminder pops up again.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue. @I'll try to see whether it happens in landscape, too. I'm running 34-6 right now but have had this issue in every instance of UC I've used.

My workaround at this point has been to use the back gesture when the snooze picker won't work. That snoozes the reminder for five minutes. Sometimes the snooze picker works properly when the reminder pops up again.

Rob
    I wish I could experience this bug, so i could fix it. What type of calendar entry is this, google, exchange, etc? Did you ever have a different snooze patch installed?

edit:

Have you ever run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) in Preware? There was someone else that had problems in the thread from the snooze patch not cleanly uninstalling.

If you wouldn't mind testing a few things:
    1. Uninstall any calendar patches.
    2. Run Emergency file verification in Preware - to see if any files are not original. It might not report any thing as the snooze patch is a valid patch.
    3. Verify these files are the same as the originals from the doctor image:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$reminder$-$manager$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$reminder$/$reminder$-$scene$.$html$
    3. Then install UC 34-6, see if you get the error.

thanks.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/16/2010 at 06:12 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I wish I could experience this bug, so i could fix it. What type of calendar entry is this, google, exchange, etc? Did you ever have a different snooze patch installed?

Have you ever run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) in Preware? There was someone else that had problems in the thread from the snooze patch not cleanly uninstalling.
    I have previously had a snooze patch installed, and I've been wondering if that's having an impact. I'm traveling today and tomorrow, but I will take a shot at the steps you mentioned when I return and report back. I have run EPR several times, but I'm not sure if I have since I started using UberCalendar and stopped using the other snooze patch.

Thanks for the help!

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Create Birthday patch is in fact a contact patch...
    Sorry, I thought I remembered some talk about that not being compatible because it touched the calendar.