Page 75 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Will make a donation. Alot of great work being done.

Question, and sorry if I am just not searching hard enough. How do I turn off the reminder bell icon? I have reminders set on almost all events (default) and don't need to keep it turned on.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
    There isn't a defined preference for it. You can eliminate it by deleting the "alarm-icon.png" file in the
    Code:
    /media/internal/scrims/ubercalendar/ or /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalender/
    (depending on which version you are running).

Or rename the file if you think you may want it at some time. Easiest method is to use Internalz to find the file, tap on the file choose info to rename by taping on the name -- change it to anything besides alarm-icon.png
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    If you want to see UC and other patches working in 2.0, please consider donating to WebOS Internals and Jason (Internalz's author, among other contributions). Without their tools, patching would not be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Will make a donation. Alot of great work being done.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Awesome work. I just made a donation to WebOS Internals.
    I see everybody here is donation-mooded, so I think it can be usefull to give the links:

To donate to WebOS internals.

To donate to Jason.

And do not forget Metaview, author of this awesome patch.
  3.    #1483  
    I've just updated the first post. Thank you all for your work and your suggestions.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I see everybody here is donation-mooded, so I think it can be usefull to give the links:

To donate to WebOS internals.

To donate to Jason.

And do not forget Metaview, author of this awesome patch.
    Donation link should be in the first post.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated version to 34-5 in this post.

3. Hopefully fixed attendee's alert issue - see NachoB's post for example of issue.

@NachoB - I put in the adjustment for the alerts while the attendee's button is active. Please let me know how it works out if you get a chance to test.
    Just now saw this. It's certainly much better than it was
    It doesn't bother me any but thought you'd like to see.

Screenshot w/out attendees and one with (v34-6).

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just now saw this. It's certainly much better than it was
    It doesn't bother me any but thought you'd like to see.

Screenshot w/out attendees and one with (v34-6).
    Thanks, I´ll let MetaView know where to put in a correction. What do you think the pixels difference is? You're a lot better at graphics then I am - I remember from the treo days.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Without attendees stops at pixel row 468, with attendees stops at 455. So 13 pixel difference.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/04/2010 at 09:17 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Without attendees stops at pixel row 468, with attendees stops at 455. So 13 pixel difference.
    Thanks, MetaView will update the patch when he can. Good thing I asked you cause I was going to guess 20. Then I'd have to fix it again.

Haha LOL
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/04/2010 at 09:17 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    UC 34-6 Installation troubles... Anyone else?

Sprint Pre with 1.4.5.
    Internalz 1.3.6 with FileMgrSvc 1.1.9

I had UC 34-3 installed previously (using Internalz)... Prior install before that was UC 32...

Uninstalled 34-3 using internalz. Did full reboot.
    Tried to install 34-6 with Internalz ... Got "installation failed"
    Tried to re-install 34-3... Also got "...failed"
    Tried to install latest Preware feeds version (v??) via preware obviously - Success. Uninstalled it... Full reboot.
    Ran EPR to try on a patch-free device...Tried 34-6 again using Internalz..."failed"

I have not yet tried QI or Repair Utility since I'm not a a PC right now.

Figured I'd post and see if anyone else had troubles (but obviously at least several of you have installed 34-6 without issue.

EDIT- One thought I just had.... Does the 34 series (34-3 since it was the first 34 I used) create any "new" files? I think I remember reading where patches that create new files are sometimes not removed correctly... And on re-installation, the patch tries to create a file that already exists... And therefore fails! I'm sure I'm grasping at straws here... But if deleting a file and trying again saves a dr, I'll try.

EDIT2 - on review of my calendar app - the patch seems to still be partially installed (agenda icon and new appt / new all day icons are there. But there are no events showing up in any view... So it's pretty much hosed. Agenda still shows my calendar though, so i'm ok at work tomorrow. Looks like getting my calendar webos files back to pre-patch versions is on my to-do list for the weekend.

Is there a list somewhere of which files the patch edits? (if not, I can read through the patch and get them all - and reinstall those files with wosqi.

Worst case, I'm due for a DR soon anyway.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    UC 34-6 Installation troubles... Anyone else?

Sprint Pre with 1.4.5.
    Internalz 1.3.6 with FileMgrSvc 1.1.9

I had UC 34-3 installed previously (using Internalz)... Prior install before that was UC 32...

Uninstalled 34-3 using internalz. Did full reboot.
    Tried to install 34-6 with Internalz ... Got "installation failed"
    Tried to re-install 34-3... Also got "...failed"
    Tried to install latest Preware feeds version (v??) via preware obviously - Success. Uninstalled it... Full reboot.
    Ran EPR to try on a patch-free device...Tried 34-6 again using Internalz..."failed"

I have not yet tried QI or Repair Utility since I'm not a a PC right now.

Figured I'd post and see if anyone else had troubles (but obviously at least several of you have installed 34-6 without issue.

EDIT- One thought I just had.... Does the 34 series (34-3 since it was the first 34 I used) create any "new" files? I think I remember reading where patches that create new files are sometimes not removed correctly... And on re-installation, the patch tries to create a file that already exists... And therefore fails! I'm sure I'm grasping at straws here... But if deleting a file and trying again saves a dr, I'll try.

EDIT2 - on review of my calendar app - the patch seems to still be partially installed (agenda icon and new appt / new all day icons are there. But there are no events showing up in any view... So it's pretty much hosed. Agenda still shows my calendar though, so i'm ok at work tomorrow. Looks like getting my calendar webos files back to pre-patch versions is on my to-do list for the weekend.

Is there a list somewhere of which files the patch edits? (if not, I can read through the patch and get them all - and reinstall those files with wosqi.

Worst case, I'm due for a DR soon anyway.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    If you look back to some earlier posts in this thread you will find a list of files that you can replace and get your default calendar back. I have done this twice with good success. I have some posts with the files needed.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    @greenawayj I had empty calendar issues even after an EPR also. I ran repair utility & restarted & calendar was back. Installed new Ubercalendar fine then. Lots quicker than doctor
    Love the übercalendar patch. Almost makes the calendar app usable!

However, it breaks the missing sync, from mark/space.

The message I get after installing the patch is:
    Starting sync with "dispositivo desconocido" at 2010.11.06 12:44...
    Inicio del módulo Calendario
    Error en el dispositivo: com.palm.calendar is not running.
    El módulo Calendario no se completó.

If I launch the calendar before syncing, I don't get the message about com.palm.calendar not running, but it still can't connect and I get a time out.

Uninstalling übercalendar restored my syncing, but of course, now I'm back to regular old calendar app, which is not so great.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm on the newest UC and have had no problems with Missing Sync.
    I had some installation problems as well. After I installed the latest version of Ubercalendar from this thread, the icons from my scrims/ubercalendar folder weren't appearing. I uninstalled the thread patch and reinstalled the version in Preware and they appeared again. Any idea why this might be?

Despite these hiccups, this patch keeps getting better and better. Great work!
    Last edited by kallan42; 11/06/2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Changed wording for clarity.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
    I think they changed the folder to .scrims
    I tried changing my folder on my Pre's USB drive to .scrims, but Windows 7 won't let me. It keeps giving me a pop-up saying "You must choose a file name".
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
    try Internalz
    frantid,

That did it. I went into Internalz and created a ".scrims" directory in /media/internal/. I then used USB mode on my laptop to transfer the Ubercalendar image file folder from the old scrims directory to the new one. Uninstalled Preware Ubercalendar, Luna restart. Reinstalled Ubercalendar 34-6 from this thread, Luna restart. Worked like a charm. Thanks very much and have a good night.
    Last edited by kallan42; 11/06/2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Changed wording for clarity.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42
    I went into Internalz and created a ".scrims" directory in /media/internal/. I then used USB mode on my laptop to transfer the Ubercalendar image file folder from the old scrims directory to the new one.
    FYI:

Internalz will let you rename a directory. So all you had to do was rename the old scrims directory from scrims to .scrims and you would have been done. I don't think you'd even have to restart.

Not that what you did was bad or anything, just for the future be advised.

I guess what I'm really saying is Internalz rocks.

Now I have a dumb question (dumb because I'm a subscriber to this thread and seem to have missed it): How does one add participants to an event?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē