Page 74 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You are talking about in the edit event view right? I think MetaView is working on that area or was with the attendees pieces.
    yeah, that would be cool. or sense that compass icon doesn't do anything, it could be replaced with a buttn to launch the address in maps
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Nope.
    I tested on several weeks with such 1-hour events starting at 8 and managed to tap on each one without problem.
    I am very happy with it in that form.
    Can you test it on weeks that have 2,1 and 0 all day events - in the same day? If I have 2 or less all day events in the week, I have a hard time hitting an event at 8.

Thanks.

edit: putting the all day events in the same day changes the size of the displayed all day canvas. I have no problems when the all day area is big enough to hold 3 or more all day events on the same day.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You are right. With 2 or less all day events inmonth view, it is not possible to tap on the first 1-hour event.
    But, in this case, the view could start at 7, because there is enough screen real estate left to have a good overview over evening events, because the all day events need less space on the top of the screen.
    So the solution is certainly to leave the value at 20 if there are less than 3 all day events, and to lowet it to 2 if there are more than 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    That's what I was thinking, putting in logic instead of a hard coded buffer. Thanks for testing - I was starting to wonder if my device was messed up.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    Tried loading ubercaledar thro preware. Consistently getting error message IPKG log Unable to run command with a long list Tried uninstalling default to month view no success
    I don't know if you resolved this or not.... check to make sure there are no patches installed that are touching the calendar or notifications. I had the snooze duration selector patch installed that caused this error. Remove those patches, Luna restart, then try again.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Updated version to 34-5 in this post.

http://forums.precentral.net/2741997-post1448.html

1. Fixed an error in my logic.
    2. Added logic to make sure default scroll behavior allows you to tap an event at the default start of day time, while trying to give the most space as possible for viewing events.
    3. Hopefully fixed attendee's alert issue - see NachoB's post for example of issue.
    4. Adjusted shrunken day view default scroll behavior - added 3 pixels so you should always see the default start of day time shading.

You do not need to update if you are not testing the shrink options.

@NachoB - I put in the adjustment for the alerts while the attendee's button is active. Please let me know how it works out if you get a chance to test.

@Kratus - I added #4 instead of labeling the default start of day when there are no events. The default shading and line provide an indication of what time it is. Adding a label did not look right with the symmetry of the 06 - 12 - 18 labels.

@all - with the SFR doctor of webOS 2 out, I think I'll be doing more studying of the 2.0 calendar than adding additional changes to 1.4.5. Unless there are bugs or other "easy" suggestions put forward.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/03/2010 at 11:20 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    with the SFR doctor of webOS 2 out, I think I'll be doing more studying of the 2.0 calendar than adding additional changes to 1.4.5. Unless there are bugs or other "easy" suggestions put forward.
    As an SFR customer, I will wait until Preware and UberCalendar get available for WebOS 2.0 before I switch to the Palm Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Updated version to 34-5
    I just installed it. It works like a charm!

Thank you !
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i love this patch!...
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkinŠ "in coming months"
    As an SFR customer, I will wait until Preware and UberCalendar get available for WebOS 2.0 before I switch to the Palm Pre 2.
    Wow -- that's dedication and commitment!!!

However, the snarky side of me says:

You do know that there are starving children (on @Sprint) in this world who will never ever have the opportunity to move to the Pre2 and who would do so in a heartbeat -- even without having Preware or a UberCalendar Super-Configuration Patch.... and yet you flaunt your disinterest in the device in its retail form. Shame on you!!
    just kidding of course!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Unless there are bugs or other "easy" suggestions put forward.
    Is it an "easy" suggestion to do this one:
    if the first day of week is monday, it would be better to display the hours at the right of the screen, in the sunday column, to avoid them displaying over the events scheduled on Monday.
    It is a little annoying to have the monday column so overcrowded when the sunday column is nearby empty:
    (or by user-choice in prefs on whatever other weekday the user chooses)

Example:

I find it would be better that way:

Promised, after that I stop requesting tweaks .
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    just kidding of course!
    I knew my statement would induce reactions.
    Seriously, we in France have the Pre only since May this year.
    And I have to wait for some other long months until I can change my device with my plan without paying an insane amount of money...
    I knew my statement would induce reactions.
    Seriously, we in France have the Pre only since May this year.
    And I have to wait for some other long months until I can change my device with my plan without paying an insane amount of money...
    I totally understand. I'm happy the device is out, but it seems like they should waive the upgrade pricing for current Pre owners on SFR. Personally, I am on Sprint, but I'm not even 100% sure I'd upgrade now vs wait to see what CES has (or may not have) in store... I'm actually considering "Plussing" my Pre to get me through the next 4-6 months with less storage and TMC errors (even sometimes with Compcache enabled).

Great suggestions for UC patch the last few days by the way. I have great confidence that these gents will make the 2.0 calendar just as good (and better).

Palm really needs to just incorporate the calendar-style date picker for all date selection interfaces....it's preposterous to have to use the scroller without knowing days of the week and weeks of the month...
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    For me I would only use at most 3 icons per day. UC could display them as top, middle and bottom in chonilogical order. Even if all 3 icon-tagged events occurred before noon that would be displayed in order.

If you had more than 3 icon-tagged events than you would only see the 1st three or turn on the option for more icons in the view.

Maybe the preference setting is Month View ICONs per day = 3/8. What is the maximum number of icons that can be displayed in month view
    If the ICONs were listed as the following:
    1 4 6
    2 x 7
    3 5 8

that would fix my issue.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Palm really needs to just incorporate the calendar-style date picker for all date selection interfaces....it's preposterous to have to use the scroller without knowing days of the week and weeks of the month...
    Right.
    Selecting a due date in the Tasks app is really a pain, without date picker.
    Edit: 4 Nov file moved to first post.

You guys are lucky MetaView writes such nice, clean code.

I do think we should feature "freeze" .34 or we will never get the update into Preware.

Is it an "easy" suggestion to do this one:It is a little annoying to have the monday column so overcrowded when the sunday column is nearby empty:
    (or by user-choice in prefs on whatever other weekday the user chooses)

Promised, after that I stop requesting tweaks .
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    If the ICONs were listed as the following:
    1 4 6
    2 x 7
    3 5 8

that would fix my issue.
    total changes from version in first post, latest requests underlined:

• toggle for turning off week number in all titles.
    • List Selector (tap on "day view enhanced" in preferences to see selector) for shrink day view And list selector for shrink week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see selector). They have options for none, medium, strong -- similar to, modified from this patch

full-day-view-calendar

Please remove it, if you have it installed. Give them some "thanks" as well.
    • toggle (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle) for displaying subject in week view events.
    • toggle for showing icons in week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle)
    • List selector for choosing day 1-7 for the time of day markers in week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see selector -- default is the first day of the week "1")
    • toggle for showing icons in month view. (tap on "month view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle)
    • toggle for vertically ordered icons in month view. (tap on "month view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle -- default is "off" or horizontal order)
    • method to remember your last chosen snooze time on a per event basis. It only works if you have previously snoozed an event, the default will show if you have never snoozed a specific alert before or if your last one is no longer valid. Also any existing alerts before this patch version install will need to be snoozed for it to work on that alert.

fixes:
    1. an error in my logic.
    2. attendee's alert issue - see NachoB's post for example of issue.
    3. added logic to make sure default scroll behavior allows you to tap an event at the default start of day time, while trying to give the most space as possible for viewing events in week view.
    4. adjusted shrunken day view default scroll behavior - added 3 pixels so you should always see the default start of day time shading.

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

You do not need to update, unless you want to test these features.

PS. If you want to see UC and other patches working in 2.0, please consider donating to WebOS Internals and Jason (Internalz's author, among other contributions). Without their tools, patching would not be easy.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/04/2010 at 03:51 PM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If you want to see UC and other patches working in 2.0, please consider donating to WebOS Internals and Jason (Internalz's author, among other contributions). Without their tools, patching would not be easy.
    You are right, we have to encourage these guys.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Will make a donation. Alot of great work being done.

Question, and sorry if I am just not searching hard enough. How do I turn off the reminder bell icon? I have reminders set on almost all events (default) and don't need to keep it turned on.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you, Frantid, for having taken my feature requests in account, and for your quick answers.

Here is the updated localization patch file for the latest 34-6 version.
    Supported languages: french, german.

If you update the first post, could you please consider attaching it?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You guys are lucky MeatView writes such nice, clean code.

I do think we should feature "freeze" .34 or we will never get the update into Preware.

total changes from version in first post, latest requests underlined:

PS. If you want to see UC and other patches working in 2.0, please consider donating to WebOS Internals and Jason (Internalz's author, among other contributions). Without their tools, patching would not be easy.
    Awesome work. I just made a donation to WebOS Internals. Love the new ICON ordering. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

My new mantra "It's all about choice."
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)