Page 73 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    personally i think that an EPR should be 3rd or fourth down the list -- i don't think that the majority of people installing this patch are running into that heavy a conflict --- they need to be told to remove all patches that touch the calendar or the notification area -- the first thing they should do is try to install the patch to see if the conflicts exist.. then they could remove the patches that touch the calender and notification areas -- i guess it all depends on the individual -- i have 50 applications and 55 patches installed -- an EPR is quite a big deal and i prefer not to go that route ---

oh and a list of conflicting patches would be very helpful
    If you use the saved packages list in preware, restoring all your patches is just a matter of pressing one button. Any conflicting patches will automatically not install. That's the beauty of the saved packages list. Run EPR, install the mega-patches, restore saved packages & conflicts automatically resolved. It's the most genius idea that webosinternals built into preware - it makes experimentation nearly painless.

BTW EPR doesn't touch your apps, it just removes all patches. A lot of patches, like sconix's, restore previous settings after EPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If you use the saved packages list in preware, restoring all your patches is just a matter of pressing one button. Any conflicting patches will automatically not install. That's the beauty of the saved packages list. Run EPR, install the mega-patches, restore saved packages & conflicts automatically resolved. It's the most genius idea that webosinternals built into preware - it makes experimentation nearly painless.

BTW EPR doesn't touch your apps, it just removes all patches. A lot of patches, like sconix's, restore previous settings after EPR.
    that is good information to know -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3.    #1443  
    I agree. not everyone will need to go the EPR route, but (and that's the point) if you can't install/reinstall/deinstall anymore, one is more than thankful to read an easy step-by-step to bring the system back. That's why I think the EPR-HowTo is a must-have in such a UC-doc app.

Topics:

Features
    Installation
    Conflicting patches
    Use of EPR to recover problems
    Further help and discussions
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm not sure how hard it would be.

Can you help me understand the process a little more? How would you choose which 2 or 3 to display? Would the top, middle, bottom correspond to the times of the events morning, mid-day, evening? I'm just trying to get an idea of how to code something like this.

thanks.
    For me I would only use at most 3 icons per day. UC could display them as top, middle and bottom in chonilogical order. Even if all 3 icon-tagged events occurred before noon that would be displayed in order.

If you had more than 3 icon-tagged events than you would only see the 1st three or turn on the option for more icons in the view.

Maybe the preference setting is Month View ICONs per day = 3/8. What is the maximum number of icons that can be displayed in month view
    Last edited by swieder; 11/01/2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I am very happy that you integrated the ability to shrink the week and day views. It was obvious that it was very difficult to have an overview of day or month with the standard calendar, and scrolling was a pain.
    So, thank you very much for these useful features.

But (there is always a but), after having played around with the various settings, I finaly disabled both day and week shrinked view, because there are really too small for normal "every-day-work" use.
    At this point, I agree with mamouton, wolfi and michael75pre: it really displays too small.

So I took a look into you code, and I saw you programmed it in a very similar way to the original full-day-view-calendar patch. The way it is coded, it seems to be very easy to make it parametric by giving various values to the hour height.
    I tried different values for it, patched the UberCalendar patch accordingly with an hexeditor, just to change the values of the hour height (and font size) and look how it displays.
    I found values that I think are a very good balance between "shrinked" and "readable/usable".
    Code:
    In Day assistant:
    -----------------
    //+	this.hourHeight = 16;
    +	this.hourHeight = 24;

In Week assistant:
    ------------------
    //+	this.HOUR_HEIGHT = (this.enhancedView && this.weekViewShrink) ? 15 : 30;
    +	this.HOUR_HEIGHT = (this.enhancedView && this.weekViewShrink) ? 20 : 30;

And replaced everywhere:
    ------------------------
    //bold 10px Prelude
    bold 12px Prelude
    It is certainly a matter of personal taste, but I thought it would be so easy to enable the user to define the level it would like the display to be shrunk...
    (For example: instead of "shrink view: yes/no", we could have three "shrink levels": none/medium/strong)

Let me show you what I found out with these values:

Week view
    Actually, it is not as simple as just changing the value for hour height,
    but it gives a good idea of how it would display:

Not bad, hey?
    That's what I find to be the best balance between readability/usability and day overview without scrolling.
    I think everyone will agree that we have not often events or apointements before the "day start" hour, and nor we have evening-apointments after 10pm.
    Well, actually, I had to use my paint-software to make this one.

With my "patched" patch, I got this:

The display and scrolling problems I pointed out in this picture are certainly very easy to fix (as the misalignment of the hours with the grid).
    It is just a matter of scaling things the right way.

Having UberCalendar displaying the day view this way would be really great!
    Would you, awesome developpers, consider making such an intermediate display scale available?

Day view
    Regarding day view, I got this result:

If I could dream of an ideal display, it would look like this:

That's what I find to be the best balance between readability/usability and day overview without scrolling.

Well, "ā propros" dreaming, do you think it will remain a dream, or is this a challenge you could be interested in?
    Last edited by Kratus; 11/01/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    @kratus - pretty interesting I'll play around see what I can do.

The hidden all-day divider is pretty cool, but those widgets won't work on the calendar because the view is a canvas. I'll look at it, it's a nice complicated logic puzzle to work on.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @Frantid.
    Well, I am not familar with webOS, and what can be done or not. But I saw nearly everything is in place in UC now to approach the holy grail of a customizable layout.
    It would indeed be very cool if you could look into it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    edit 4 Nov. patch updated and moved to here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2744848-post1476.html

Here's a version that let's you choose day & week shrink views as "none, medium, strong". Using the sizing in Kratus's post for medium.

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

For those updating from 34-3, you need to go into Preferences and choose a shrink option for both day and week view before the day and week will display correctly! -- this is because of the change to a List Selector. If it gives you problems, try closing the calendar and reopening the calendar after setting the preferences.

You do not need to update to this version if you are not using either day or week view shrink options.

This does not include a way to hide all day events in day view. That is going to take more time as it would require modifying the tap handlers, etc.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/04/2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: updated version
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I've never experienced the lag. Is it possible it was trying to sync while you were editing?

Do you only get the extra space when there are attendee's? I left the height part of the alert for attendees code alone because I have no way to test it. So if you only get the extra space when the contact attendees button is active, I can maybe make a change there.
    When I experienced the lag I was in an area with very poor signal, so it may in fact have been caused by the Calendar trying to update the event as I was making changes. Edited an event while connected to WiFi and experienced no lag.

The blank space below the notification is in fact only present with calendar events containing attendees.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    @NachoB - thanks, I'll put a correction in as soon as I get back to a desktop.
    I was wondering if in an event, we could make tap and hold the address to launch it in google maps. I finally found that option in the menu, but tap+hold would be intuitive.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here's a version that let's you choose day & week shrink views as "none, medium, strong". Using the sizing in Kratus's post for medium.
    Wow, that was fast
    Thank tou very much!

I tested this new one, and got the following displays:

Day view:

It is exactly what I wished!
    If the all-day-events could be hidden, it would be perfect.
    Perhaps just one thing I noticed especialy on this day:
    If there is no event starting at 8 a-m (in my case, because start of day is set to 8 in preferences), then it would be nice to diplay an "8" at day-start position

Week view:

This one is awesome!
    Just one thing: on my pre it display beginning at 7 a-m dispite the fact my day-start hour is set to 8 a-m. If it could display starting at 8, then I would better see end-of-day events.
    And another one I just thought of: if the first day of week is monday, it would be better to display the hours at the right of the screen, in the sunday column, to avoid them displaying over the events scheduled on Monday.
    thanks frantid & kratus - GREAT version! love the medium style!
    (and it startīs finally at 8!!)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    And here is the updated localization patch for the last 34-4 version.

Supported languages: french, german.

I am ready to add other languages, if anybody wants to help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    thanks frantid & kratus - GREAT version! love the medium style!
    (and it startīs finally at 8!!)
    Well, I did nothing special: Frantid does all the job.

Mine starts at 7, what are your day-start settings?

@Frantid: I just noticed that when I set the day-start time to 9 a-m, then my week-view starts at 8.
    But the day-view then starts at 9!
    The scroller settings in week-view probably need a fix to begin 1 hour later.
    @Kratus - the week view puts in a buffer area for the all day event canvas area. It's there when there are no all day events as well. I think it is to compensate for the tap handler area that is for all day events - if you try to tap an event in that buffer area you will see what I mean. Without the buffer there could be tap handler overlap or you would have to scroll down to tap an event at the start of day time.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @Frantid.
    I understand what you mean.

I parsed the code of the patch with an hexeditor, and modified this:
    Code:
    +			if(this.enhancedView && this.weekViewShrink) {
    +				if(this.weekViewShrink == "strong") {
    +					this.scroller.mojo.revealBottom();
    +				} else {
    +				this.scroller.mojo.scrollTo(0, -(this.startDayMarkerPos * this.HOUR_HEIGHT - this.weeks[this.THIS_WEEK].alldayHeight) + 02, animate);
    +				}         //Kratus: put 02 instead of 20
    +			} else {
    +				this.scroller.mojo.scrollTo(0, -(this.startDayMarkerPos * this.HOUR_HEIGHT - this.weeks[this.THIS_WEEK].alldayHeight) + 20, animate);
    +			}
    And I get perfectly what I want: week-view starting at 8 a-m.
    Did I do something wrong, or can this be kept?

I attached the modified patch file, if someone wants to test it...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @Frantid.

And I get perfectly what I want: week-view starting at 8 a-m.
    Did I do something wrong, or can this be kept?

I attached the modified patch file, if someone wants to test it...
    That's the right spot for the mod. Do you have to scroll down to tap an hour long event that starts at 8? That would be my only concern. Personally, I don't use the shrink options -- too difficult to hit the right event in a crowded schedule for me. But I can see why others like it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Do you have to scroll down to tap an hour long event that starts at 8?
    Nope.
    I tested on several weeks with such 1-hour events starting at 8 and managed to tap on each one without problem.
    I am very happy with it in that form.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I was wondering if in an event, we could make tap and hold the address to launch it in google maps. I finally found that option in the menu, but tap+hold would be intuitive.
    You are talking about in the edit event view right? I think MetaView is working on that area or was with the attendees pieces.