Page 72 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @MetaView Since ‹berCalendar touches so many things & conflicts with so many patches, I wonder if it's time to have a recommende install procedure similar to what sconix hs for his advanced patches. For example, see my post a few back on page 69 where I listed out the steps to use EPR, install mega patches, restore others from Saved Package List. Conflicting patches will automatically fail & can be deleted from the list.

The mega patches are so useful and wonderful, but as they grow & spread their threads through the system, a clean install becomes difficult.

Just a thought
    just a thought -- that is what this thread is for -- if you feel that there needs to be a step by step then maybe you could write it and make that your personal contribution to the patch -- i am sure that the developer's time is better spent developing then writing a wiki for how to install the patch -- IMHO -- it comes down to this -- if you want this patch then read this thread --if you have time and a desire to contribute then go ahead and write the wiki --
    that is what Tobias Funk did for sconix -- and it is much appreciated
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Experienced quite a bit of lag today changing the date on an existing calendar entry, using the scroller wheels to pick the new date (v34-3). Also, I've experienced the blank space from time to time when a reminder pops up, not quite sure what's causing it at the moment.

I've never experienced the lag. Is it possible it was trying to sync while you were editing?

Do you only get the extra space when there are attendee's? I left the height part of the alert for attendees code alone because I have no way to test it. So if you only get the extra space when the contact attendees button is active, I can maybe make a change there.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I'll do some more testing now that you've given me a starting point.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well, I did it!
    I am very proud to announce my very first patch ever (drumrolls...):

UberCalendar Multilingual Localization.

Available languages are, for now, french and german.
    (the only languages I feel comfortable with).

First of all, I would like to thank MetaView and Frantid for their help and advices that helped me to achieve this.
    If you didn't yet, please consider donating to the Author of this great UberCalendar Patch.

This is a separate patch from the actual UberCalendar patch. It adds localization strings to WebOS that enable the actual UberCalendar patch to display in your native language.
    To have UberCalendar displaying in your native language, you have to install both UberCalendar and the localization patch.
    These two patches can live separately, but both must be installed to enable localization.

Here are some screenshots:

French:

German:

The current version is fully compatible with the 34-3 version of UberCalendar you can find a few posts above.

If you want to see you native language added, and feel free to help the community, please PM-me and I will provide you with the strings to translate.
    All you have to do is filling out an Excel sheet with the list of strings to translate and send it back to me.
    Currently, spanish and Italian could be added easily.
    Actually, on my Pre, the languages supported are:
    en_ca, en_gb, en_ie, es_es, es_mx, es_us, fr_ca, it_it.
    So, virtually, the patch could integrate all these languages, if a contributor contacts me for each one.
    Of course, contributors for translations will be credited.

@Metaview and Frantid: i am a little confused with your version number management as the las one here is 34-3 and the last one available via Preware is 75. Could you please explain this to me?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @kratus, preware creates it's own numbers independent from the version listed in the patch file.

Nice Job.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  6.    #1426  
    @Metaview and Frantid: i am a little confused with your version number management as the las one here is 34-3 and the last one available via Preware is 75. Could you please explain this to me?
    Thank you very much. Now, all we need is a nice how-to which we release for free in the AppCatalog. Any takers?
    The version numbers in Preware depend on OS version and separate from the ones we use in the file. Therefore the rules are:
    * to try the latest patch version, follow this thread
    * to get a stable patch before anyone else waiting for Preware, go to the first post
    * have it easy and no frills on update, look into Preware
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Remember a few posts back about it being all about choice? The new UC prefs screen is great. I would love the see a choice option for how many ICONs per day appear in the Month view. For me I only use two or three icons on a given day. With fewer icon per day it would be great to see them spread out a bit more. One on the top left, one in the middle left and one on the bottom left.

Would this be hard to do?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    frantid and metaview I really like this patch. Thanks! How is adding the participants to an event coming? I like the day shrink view but is there a way to make it a little bigger. I had modified the day view previously but once your incorporated into this patch I didn't bother any more.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/30/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    just a thought -- that is what this thread is for -- if you feel that there needs to be a step by step then maybe you could write it and make that your personal contribution to the patch -- i am sure that the developer's time is better spent developing then writing a wiki for how to install the patch -- IMHO -- it comes down to this -- if you want this patch then read this thread --if you have time and a desire to contribute then go ahead and write the wiki --
    that is what Tobias Funk did for sconix -- and it is much appreciated
    Hold yer fire pahdner. If YOU read this thread, you will see I've participated for over 30 pages - sking questions & offering answers.

I wrote MetaView for his opinion on the need for this & if he thought such a procedure was necessary. You need to slow down & read more carefully before opening your fingers.

I wasn't telling him to do this. sconix's procedure was written by him & tobias has taken the role of enforcer to take the administrative load off sconix.

Asking the author's opinion about his own project is only being polite. He might not think such an extreme measure is needed for this patch.

Let him speak for himself before you decide to start attacking people. Just a thought means just that. Calm down.
    I wasn't telling him to do this. sconix's procedure was written by him & tobias has taken the role of enforcer to take the administrative load off sconix.
    Just for the record, sconix did not write the wiki or the manual. I, along with oakridge outdoors, took it upon ourselves to create all of the documentation for MS, ACSP, ACAL, and his other patches, which includes the manuals, wikis, and the initial posts of each related thread.

We did this for a very specific reason: so sconix could focus solely on coding. We also did not ask him for permission to do so; we just did it because we knew he could use the help.

Honestly, if sconix had to continue supporting MS without any documentation, or was forced to come up with it himself, there is a strong chance ACAL and ACSP would not currently exist because of time constraints.

edit: This post may sound like I am trying to pat myself on the back or something, so let me clarify: I don't consider creating documentation an impressive feat. It just requires time and an understanding of the product you are supporting. I just figured it would be terrible for webOS if someone like sconix stopped developing, so the biggest contribution I could make would be to save him some time. And I only got the ball rolling: oakridge outdoors has done great work with the wikis.

At the end of the day, sconix deserves all the credit for doing the real work. It is up to the rest of us to keep people like him (and MetaView) happy with what they are doing, or else we run the risk of losing such great developers.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 10/30/2010 at 10:29 AM.
    _I_ think it's courteous to ask the author's opinion on the issue before I go off writing directions that he might or might no agree are appropriate.

Once again, I asked MetaView for his opinion about his own project. I didn't give anybody directions.
    The issue for me, is that it is is sometimes hard to determine the difference between someone offering to do something, and someone making a request of a beleaguered developer, especially one that isn't paid directly for their work. We've already seen one developer nearly driven away from the community out of frustration, so I think we all owe it to ourselves to be as clear as possible when making requests/offering help.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @kratus, preware creates it's own numbers independent from the version listed in the patch file.
    Thank you.
    I suspected something like that. It would have been usefull to have the ability to give the localization patch the same version number as the last one of UberCalendar it supports. I can do it in this thread, and I will include the information in the Object of the patch for Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Now, all we need is a nice how-to which we release for free in the AppCatalog. Any takers?
    Well, I think this is beyond my knowledges of WebOS so far.
    (I think you are speaking of something like the app named "Preware Homebrew Documentation" released by Rod Whitby about using Preware in the official AppCatalog)
    But it is a great Idea, and would help to spread the world with your great patch.
    Any hints how this can be done?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Just to make it clear in a separate post:
    I think it would be great to add other languages to those currently supported by this great UberCalendar patch.
    At this time, we have:
    - english (default)
    - french and german (using the Localization patch I posted here and attached to this post)

If you speak one of the following languages:
    en_ca, en_gb, en_ie, es_es, es_mx, es_us, fr_ca, it_it
    particularly spanish or italian and want to help adding you language, it is very easy: You'll just have to:
    1. send me a private message (click here) and I'll send you an Excel sheet containing the words and strings to translate.
    2. Fill in the Excel sheet and send it to me.
    3. I'll do the rest, and you will be credited in the patch, naturally.

So please, be so kind and help others to have UberCalendar displaying in their native language!

I would like to have more languages integrated before I submit the localization patch to Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hold yer fire pahdner. If YOU read this thread, you will see I've participated for over 30 pages - sking questions & offering answers.

I wrote MetaView for his opinion on the need for this & if he thought such a procedure was necessary. You need to slow down & read more carefully before opening your fingers.

Asking the author's opinion about his own project is only being polite. He might not think such an extreme measure is needed for this patch.

Let him speak for himself before you decide to start attacking people. Just a thought means just that. Calm down.
    In what way was i attacking you -- sorry that i did not understand your post -- it most certianly sounded like you were asking if the author could create a manual or at least if he thought that it was time for one to be created. i did not attack you -- only suggested that if you thought that it was neccessary that maybe you could step up and write one. that you could be helpful as some have been else where so that development could continue on this awsome patch.

you should hold on parna and not be so touchy or paranoid to think that people are attacking you -- I was saying that the wiki for mode switcher is much appreciated and utilized by many and if you wrote one for uber calendar many would appreciate that as well
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    This discussion is going nowhere. If MetaView feels like answering, that's great. I love his work & have bought his apps out of appreciation for his contribution to this community. Any way I can help I do & will.
  17.    #1437  
    Well, a Wiki would be great. I for myself would like to see something based on the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" code but with UC as topic. If someone want to start with it, it would be great. PHD is open source and can be downloaded from here: git.webos-internals.org Git
    If no one else wnat to do it, I will download it create the structure for UC and then other (like govotsos) can contribute?

Thx, Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Remember a few posts back about it being all about choice? The new UC prefs screen is great. I would love the see a choice option for how many ICONs per day appear in the Month view. For me I only use two or three icons on a given day. With fewer icon per day it would be great to see them spread out a bit more. One on the top left, one in the middle left and one on the bottom left.

Would this be hard to do?
    I'm not sure how hard it would be.

Can you help me understand the process a little more? How would you choose which 2 or 3 to display? Would the top, middle, bottom correspond to the times of the events morning, mid-day, evening? I'm just trying to get an idea of how to code something like this.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Well, a Wiki would be great. I for myself would like to see something based on the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" code but with UC as topic. If someone want to start with it, it would be great. PHD is open source and can be downloaded from here: [url= Git[/url]
    If no one else wnat to do it, I will download it create the structure for UC and then other (like govotsos) can contribute?

Thx, Henk
    What do you think of recommending the EPR route prior to install of UC to avoid conflicts or do you think that's too drastic a solution? UC does touch a lot of code & does conflict with a lot of patches, but nothing like sconix's advanced patches.

Do you think a simple list of conflicting patches in first post would be sufficient? I can whip up that list quickly.
    What do you think of recommending the EPR route prior to install of UC to avoid conflicts or do you think that's too drastic a solution? UC does touch a lot of code & does conflict with a lot of patches, but nothing like sconix's advanced patches.

Do you think a simple list of conflicting patches in first post would be sufficient? I can whip up that list quickly.
    personally i think that an EPR should be 3rd or fourth down the list -- i don't think that the majority of people installing this patch are running into that heavy a conflict --- they need to be told to remove all patches that touch the calendar or the notification area -- the first thing they should do is try to install the patch to see if the conflicts exist.. then they could remove the patches that touch the calender and notification areas -- i guess it all depends on the individual -- i have 50 applications and 55 patches installed -- an EPR is quite a big deal and i prefer not to go that route ---

oh and a list of conflicting patches would be very helpful
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+