Page 71 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    don't have that either, haven't dived into that yet.
    I thought either the ACSP or the new ubercalendar conflicts with the birthday patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynRosePedersen View Post
    I want this Uber-calendar but i am having the hardest time with it. it say rove package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root. WHERE IS MY ROOT?
    Hi Carolyn Rose,

Can you please provide a little more information? What are you using to install the patch? Can you post the entire error message? Also which version are you trying to install -- preware or one from this thread?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    3 Nov - removed patch file, as a newer version is posted.

http://forums.precentral.net/2741997-post1448.html

Edit: ok, I added text as an option in week view shrink. You can choose how cluttered you want it.

New version of 34 (patch file name 34-3) includes the additions from last post. The new additions are underlined-- please test :

Added:
    • toggle for turning off week number in all titles.
    • toggle (tap on "day view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle) for shrink day view And toggle for shrink week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle) -- similar to, modified from this patch

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-calendar.html

Please remove it, if you have it installed. Give them some "thanks" as well.
    • toggle (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle) for displaying subject in week view events.
    • toggle for showing icons in week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle)
    • toggle for showing icons in month view. (tap on "month view enhanced" in preferences to see toggle)
    • method to remember your last chosen snooze time on a per event basis. It only works if you have previously snoozed an event, the default will show if you have never snoozed a specific alert before or if your last one is no longer valid. Also any existing alerts before this patch version install will need to be snoozed for it to work on that alert.

copied from last post: I finally experienced a failed patch operation, where my calendar went white. In my case I know exactly what caused it. I was trying to do something else -- email -- while Internalz was uninstalling. I also phoned someone before I restarted. DON'T do anything else while removing or installing the patch. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again. The attached file has a different name, to help avoid confusion. If all tests well, MetaView will update the feed some time this week.

Thanks for testing.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/03/2010 at 11:15 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Just updated to 34-2, and it works great. Thanks! Your rapid response to requests and suggestions is just amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It's probably this file that is not correct, the one you posted looks ok:

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/reminder/reminder-scene.html
    If you can replace it from the doctor image, it will probably fix your problem.
    I'll try that when I get home - either at lunch or after work. Thanks!
    updated also to 34-2 because of shrinked week view...
    works great so far - BUT I will not use it that way - because itīs without subject texts!
    Pleeeease try it WITH text - maybe start the day later (here the shrinked week view startīs at 3! -only in shrinked view)
    But thanks anyway for your great work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    updated also to 34-2 because of shrinked week view...
    works great so far - BUT I will not use it that way - because itīs without subject texts!
    Pleeeease try it WITH text - maybe start the day later (here the shrinked week view startīs at 3! -only in shrinked view)
    But thanks anyway for your great work!!!
    It would have to be text without icons and the font would be 8 or 9? It's MetaView's call. I run away from design questions

Thanks for your great work. This patch makes the calendar usable!

Text without icons in the shrinked weekview would be great if possible.

Thanks

Michael
    ok, I updated the patch to 34-3. It's about functionality and not restriction -- so you choose how cluttered you want it. I don't think MetaView would disagree.

You can turn both icons & text on, or either or none.

wow, thatīs fast!!
    Thanks!!
    I like it much more this way. Still shows too much hours, that of course need height... But anyway - much more usable, thank you again!!
    ok, I updated the patch to 34-3. It's about functionality and not restriction -- so you choose how cluttered you want it. I don't think MetaView would disagree.

You can turn both icons & text on, or either or none.
    Wonderful work. It's all about choice!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It's probably this file that is not correct, the one you posted looks ok:

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/reminder/reminder-scene.html
    If you can replace it from the doctor image, it will probably fix your problem.
    That fixed it, thanks!

And of course, when I reinstalled, I used 34-3. Having the subject line in the shrunk week view is a bit cluttered, but it shows enough to give me a good idea of what's scheduled. If it's too cluttered to read, or I need to see more, I can still always go to the day view. I like it!
    Thanks everyone, for your kind words and PM's. You are welcome.

Donations are never required, if you feel like it I would appreciate if you donated to MetaView or purchased one of his apps. I do not do this type of coding for a living, and I have learned a lot from MetaView's code. I can trace some part of any of the changes I have made to origins in his code. So if you feel like donating, please donate to him.

If you have already, thank you.

Cheers,
    frantid

That's it!
    Thank you. Compresses weekview with text is smal and nearly unreadable , but it's great.
    You made my day!!!

Thanks
    Michael
    This patch is the best and I hope Hp uses it in 2.0. Is there a way to color the tiny B/W boxes in all view in the monthly calendar?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgormond View Post
    This patch is the best and I hope Hp uses it in 2.0. Is there a way to color the tiny B/W boxes in all view in the monthly calendar?
    The problem is the boxes represent 3 time periods -- morning, afternoon, evening. So if you have different calendars with appointments in the same time period there's a color conflict. That's why the default calendar only colors those boxes when you have chosen a calendar to display besides "all".

Someone did something similar though. They used colored squares for their icons. In the month view you can use any icon you want, it will display. You can achieve the same effect.

Tried loading ubercaledar thro preware. Consistently getting error message IPKG log Unable to run command with a long list Tried uninstalling default to month view no success
    Experienced quite a bit of lag today changing the date on an existing calendar entry, using the scroller wheels to pick the new date (v34-3). Also, I've experienced the blank space from time to time when a reminder pops up, not quite sure what's causing it at the moment.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/29/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  19.    #1419  
    Oh, I didn't get a notice of new posts for almost a week. Nice to see it's still going Time to update the first post and Preware feed?

@lelesf: Uninstall !any! calendar patch before installing this.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    @MetaView Since ÜberCalendar touches so many things & conflicts with so many patches, I wonder if it's time to have a recommende install procedure similar to what sconix hs for his advanced patches. For example, see my post a few back on page 69 where I listed out the steps to use EPR, install mega patches, restore others from Saved Package List. Conflicting patches will automatically fail & can be deleted from the list.

The mega patches are so useful and wonderful, but as they grow & spread their threads through the system, a clean install becomes difficult.

Just a thought