Page 69 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    but only with the latest test version some posts above.
    OK, thanks...so the version on the first page is not the latest greatest?

I will go find it and the "recovery utility" and see if I can make some magic!
  2.    #1362  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I think its great too with one minor nit: was watching a video in landscape when a reminder popped up. The pop up didn't look quite configured for this orientation, and I couldn't select the +/- --I was forced to use my default snooze. Turning the phone back to portrait didn't reformat the orientation of the display.

Probably doesn't happen that often but thought I'd give the feedback.

Thanks...
    Thank you. Someone else did report it already and I could also see it in action on my phone The width is fixed to 320 at the moment, but I think it's changeable and will be changed soon.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I think its great too with one minor nit: was watching a video in landscape when a reminder popped up. The pop up didn't look quite configured for this orientation, and I couldn't select the +/- --I was forced to use my default snooze. Turning the phone back to portrait didn't reformat the orientation of the display.

Probably doesn't happen that often but thought I'd give the feedback.

Thanks...
    Thanks for reporting. Unfortunately I have to admit, I never checked landscape.

edit: MetaView the fix is in your PM.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/20/2010 at 02:53 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I'm glad HP not updating Calendar will keep you in a job, but seriously, if HP wants to woo business users, they're definitely going to have to make a lot of improvements to the PIM especially calendar. They need to make it at least on par with Blackberry. Send & receive invites, everything that's been done here, backup / restore all pim & media from one app like BB, etc. As long as the pim languishes with the features of a toy, HP's going to have a hard sale to businesses.

Pretty face, lots of glitz, some decent apps, businesses aren't looking for this, they are looking for fast core features that support any back end.

Come on HPalm! Show us some corporate love!
  5.    #1365  
    Ok, it's late here and I'm tired. Nevertheless, I've updated the patch in post 1. Give it a try and tell me if I broke something...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro

My calendar is messed up-missing labels, buttons, some white screens (week view).

1. ran the repair utility
    2. restarted
    3. tried to uninstall Uber calendar 1.4.5-31 using preware and WOSQI--but I cannot uninstall the patch

is there any other solution than the doctor at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post

My calendar is messed up-missing labels, buttons, some white screens (week view).

1. ran the repair utility
    2. restarted
    3. tried to uninstall Uber calendar 1.4.5-31 using preware and WOSQI--but I cannot uninstall the patch

is there any other solution than the doctor at this point?
    If repair utility didn't work, open preware, pull down menu, select saved package list & select update. This will save a list of all your patches etc installed. While in preware, remove any themes. Then go to available / other / linux application / utilities & select emergency patch recovery. Select install & this will remove all patches. Restart phone then connect to computer in charge only mode. Run repair utility & restore / replace all files then restart your phone.

Download ubercalendar & icon file in first post. Run quick install. Press red plus button, select uberkernal patch file, select install, exit quick install.

In the lower right corner of phone display you will see a USB symbol (sort of looks like a pitchforl), tap it, select the banner to go into USB mode. On your computer, open an explorer window & navigate to the drive labeled Palm Pre. Create a folder called ".scrims" no quotes - make sure there's a period in front & an s on the end. Go into that directory and extract the icon zip file here. Select My Computer on the left side of the screen. Right click on Palm Pre on the right side of explorer. Select eject from the popup menu. When phone display looks normal, perform a safely remove hardware then unplug phone.

Start preware. If you are going to install any other mega patches (sconix's Advanced system & launcher & system mods, mamoutons email megamix) now is the time to do it to prevent conflicts. When done, go into your saved packages list and install your patches one by one. If any fail to install it's because they conflict with one of the mega patches that probably already include that function any way. Ones that fail to install you can swipe from the list to delete. To save time, when it asks you to do a Luna reset after each one select later.

The last thing to install in preware is agenda. From the first screen of preware, type agenda thenpress enter. The listing for agenda will come up. Select it then select install.

Back at preware's first screen, pull down the menu & select luna manager. Select luna restart and when the phone comes back you are done.

This should solve any install issues. Just make sure the FIRST thing you do is remove all themes.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    You guys are geniuses. Thank you so much for this wonderful patch. I am a current Datebk6 user on Classic. Works OK, but the fact that the interface is made for a stylus just causes me some difficulty using it. But it is sort of acceptable. The one thing keeping me from using the native webOS calendar as my main calendar is lack of templates. Let me explain. In Datebk6, when I make a new calendar entry, I can store it as a template. For example, let's say that I am in the office today from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. So, once stored as a template, the next time I need to enter that information into the calendar I just click the template icon, and pick the previously templated entry. It shows up on the current day that I have chosen. Really fantastic way to enter the data rapidly, and really useful for those of us with repeating events such as office schedules, hair appointments, etc. You get the idea. So, the way Datebk6 does it is that the data for the templates is stored in the Palm calendar on the date Jan 1 2020.

Now, you guys would be the absolute bomb if you could come up with something like that. I would definitely pay for it! I would love to try it myself, but my programming skills do not exist! I know this would be a project, but many would love it. Something similar has been instituted in PocketInformant for iPhone, soon on Android. Thoughts here?
    Templates would be great. I used them frequently with Datebk6. DB6 would save all the template events on a calendar date way in the future like 2020. When the template feature was used it would show all the event on the future date and automatically copy/paste them into the current date. Very handy feature.

On my wish list is an ICON picker which I prioritize higher then templates.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Edit: patch removed see newer post

Speaking of wish lists... version .34 needs some testing -- see attached.

Added:
    • toggle for turning off week number in all titles,
    • toggle (tap on "day view enhanced" in preferences to see) for shrink day view -- similar to, modified from this patch

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-calendar.html

Please remove it, if you have it installed. Give them some "thanks" as well.
    • toggle (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see) for displaying subject in week view events.

fixed:
    slow "snapping" of calendar in date pickers, "go to", repeat picker.

Also: I finally experienced a failed patch operation, where my calendar went white. In my case I know exactly what caused it. I was trying to do something else -- email -- while Internalz was uninstalling. I also phoned someone before I restarted. DON'T do anything else while removing or installing the patch. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again. The attached file has a different name, to help avoid confusion. If all tests well, MetaView will update the feed some time next week.

Cheers.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/25/2010 at 06:39 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Just installed version -34 with no issues. Turned off the week numbers which looks nice and clean.

Snapping of the date picker works great. I was having problems with the month I wanted scrolling by with the older release.

I am not seeing the day views enhanced view. It is turned on under Prefs.

EDIT: I had to toggle the switch for Day View enhanced to see the options below it for compressing free and shrinking the view. Turns out I dont like the compressed view. Too cramped for my style (and aging eyes).

Thanks for including the version number in the file name. I suggest continuing this practice.
    Last edited by swieder; 10/22/2010 at 07:07 PM.
    You can also just tap the row, you don't have to toggle it.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Just installed version -34 with no issues. Turned off the week numbers which looks nice and clean.
    +1

Thank you so much for adding this toggle option. Wow, that was fast. This is a great patch!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If repair utility didn't work, open preware, pull down menu, select saved package list & select update. This will save a list of all your patches etc installed. While in preware, remove any themes. Then go to available / other / linux application / utilities & select emergency patch recovery. ...

...This should solve any install issues. Just make sure the FIRST thing you do is remove all themes.
    great instructions-very nice.

I am up and running!!! the only thing is, my icons would not show up when they were in .scrims/ubercalendar, but when I put them in /scrims/ubercalendar, they NOW DO APPEAR. I am running 1.4.5-75
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Installed -34 with no issues, and it's working great! Thanks!
    toggle (tap on "day view enhanced" in preferences to see) for shrink day view -- similar to, modified from [...] full-day-view-calendar
    Including this was great, but would it be possible to do this for week view, too? That is, you can have day view shrunk, week view shrunk, or both?

Shrinking the day view just makes things too small for my taste - which is why I never used the full-day-view-calendar patch after trying it out - and I prefer the compressed day view, but I liked full-day-view in week view because it would let me see if I have anything scheduled in the evenings that week (which I do fairly often) without having to scroll up and down while planning ahead.
  16.    #1376  
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    ...when I put them in /scrims/ubercalendar, they NOW DO APPEAR. I am running 1.4.5-75
    Sorry, wrong version. Have you tried the one above?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Sorry, wrong version. Have you tried the one above?
    Should I uninstall the version that I have before I install the one posted above or is it OK to install over the old version?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

Cheers.
    Never mind--I just re-read your instructions--thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Installed -34 with no issues, and it's working great! Thanks!

Including this was great, but would it be possible to do this for week view, too? That is, you can have day view shrunk, week view shrunk, or both?

Shrinking the day view just makes things too small for my taste - which is why I never used the full-day-view-calendar patch after trying it out - and I prefer the compressed day view, but I liked full-day-view in week view because it would let me see if I have anything scheduled in the evenings that week (which I do fairly often) without having to scroll up and down while planning ahead.
    Strange, but I don't see a difference in the week view with shrink day view turned on or off.
    What do the following prefs do:

Stop auto close
    Snooze for banner

Apologies if these are covered elsewhere. I did check the wiki 1st (grin)