Page 68 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Does internalz show it as .scrim or .scrims? If it is not .scrims, hold on the folder name, select info, add the s in the row where the name is.
    If it's me you're referring to, Internalz does show it as .scrims. And thanks for all the work you and Metaview have done with UC. It's made webOS liveable for me and many others who loved DateBook6 in the old PalmOS.
    OK I have read the 1st post and some of the later posts, I have just installed agenda, I have icons copied to /media/internal/.scrim/ubercalender/ and have tried /media/internal/.scrim/ubercalendar/ as well I am writing ICON=holiday; but I don't get icons and the left hand space of control bar is blank although it does open up agenda. What am I missing its got to be something stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by afoulds View Post
    OK I have read the 1st post and some of the later posts, I have just installed agenda, I have icons copied to /media/internal/.scrim/ubercalender/ and have tried /media/internal/.scrim/ubercalendar/ as well I am writing ICON=holiday; but I don't get icons and the left hand space of control bar is blank although it does open up agenda. What am I missing its got to be something stupid!
    it should be: -- note that scrim"s"

Code:
    /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQMD View Post
    If it's me you're referring to, Internalz does show it as .scrims. And thanks for all the work you and Metaview have done with UC. It's made webOS liveable for me and many others who loved DateBook6 in the old PalmOS.
    No, I should have put @afoulds -- I forget it some times when I'm using the mobile site. I'm glad you got it working.

Your welcome.

cheers.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    it should be: -- note that scrim"s"
    my typo in post I have
    Code:
     /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/
    and then in that directory I have copied the icons files, so I have stuff like icon-holiday.png in there and you are saying it is a colon not a semicolon to end icon string.

I don't see why I am not getting the agenda icon.

I couldn't install ubercalendar at first so I did a patch list save, an EPR, installed ubercalendar and icons and then did a patch list reinstall.
    He's saying the path should be:
    /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar

He was pointing out the letter 's' at the end of the word ".scrims". The trailing 's' needs to be there. The leading '.' (period) is required also. You need to put all the files in ubercalendar-icon.zip attached to the first post in that directory. Make sure you've installed the Agenda app.

When you want to use an icon, you need to enter the following in the notes field of the event:

ICON=iconname;

The word icon must be in caps and the punctuation at the end is a semicolon. Iconname is the name of the icon file with no extension or icon- prefix (doctor not icon-doctor.png).
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    He's saying the path should be:
    /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar

He was pointing out the letter 's' at the end of the word ".scrims". The trailing 's' needs to be there. The leading '.' (period) is required also. You need to put all the files in ubercalendar-icon.zip attached to the first post in that directory. Make sure you've installed the Agenda app.

When you want to use an icon, you need to enter the following in the notes field of the event:

ICON=iconname;

The word icon must be in caps and the punctuation at the end is a semicolon. Iconname is the name of the icon file with no extension or icon- prefix (doctor not icon-doctor.png).
    yes, thank you for that, I thought my bit of code made it plain what my directory structure on my pre was, maybe not.
    I have mentioned that I have agenda installed at the moment, the space is blank but does open up agenda.
    I had the icon string ending in a semicolon but I thought maybe the way the post was worded I had misread and it should have been a colon. Doesn't work either way.
  8.    #1348  
    Did you installed the latest test file from some posts above?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I guess I missed the icon part. Didn't realize that could show up. Can we add multiple icons to the .srims folder and use them with the patch? I like the enhanced view but I have so much text that it gets cluttered is there any way to show the icons only and no text on the enhanced views? Great patch!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Did you installed the latest test file from some posts above?
    OOOH that was fun, told you this was way over my head. I worked out what WOSQI is now I used Webos quick install, guess who forgot to leave it in charge only mode and got loads of error messages RTFM and used the latest patch.
    So now it all works.
    missing agenda icon was my fault as I had messed around with file name.
    all I have to do now is to put all my apps back on the right pages, hmm.

This is good app I used datebk extensively then honed down the usage to just those bits for me, If you listen to all the requests as CESD did you will never stop tweaking but you would get paid for it.
    # much more reminder times for timed and all-day events
    # much more reminder presets for timed and all-day events

Is there a way to set a custom reminder time for all days events.
    I want either a specific time or the setting to pick my global day start time.
    (getting woken up at 12.00am !, if set to event start time)

Sorry to cross post, I link to my original post..
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-reminder.html
  12.    #1352  
    No, you can have 12 hours before to be notified the day before.

To your original post: use "Create birthday events" and you should be able to specify 12 hours before.
    feature request, or separate patch: enable html in calendar description. It works in google calendars in websites. Then, you can add that calendar to yours, but on ur phone, it's code that isn't enabled. If it's just enabled, we can show palm and other platforms that it's needed, then maybe they'll bake it in down the line
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I find all the week number info distracting. It is not something that I use. Any thoughts on making the displaying of the week # info in the week and month header an option that can be turned off/on?
    +1

Could this be an on/off option in a future version? I also find it distracting.
    I love the rest of the patch!

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Dang, it looks like MetaView is going to have to keep working on ‹berCalendar. I can't believe that with all they did in 2.0 they didn't touch core PIM apps!

Pim used to be such a strength of Palm's that WebOS pim has been so dissapointing. Thank goodness it's got some APIs so GREAT people like MetaView & frantid can move in and save Palm's rear.

THANKS ‹berCalendar dev team! You make Calendar functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Dang, it looks like MetaView is going to have to keep working on ‹berCalendar. I can't believe that with all they did in 2.0 they didn't touch core PIM apps!

Pim used to be such a strength of Palm's that WebOS pim has been so dissapointing. Thank goodness it's got some APIs so GREAT people like MetaView & frantid can move in and save Palm's rear.

THANKS ‹berCalendar dev team! You make Calendar functional.
    exactly what i thought, palm has a lot of potential to enhance the calendar, as we see with ubercalendar. at least they should have implement calendar into just type-search

btw. i love the new +/- snooze selection in ubercalendar and if attendees adding(?) is now also coming it would be really great.
    Hi--this looks great, but I cannot get it to install and run properly. I have read the first 20 pages of this thread and the last few, also.

1. I installed the patch from the first post using wosqi to my verizon palm pre w/1.4.5
    2. I created a directory on the pre called ".scrims/ubercalendar"
    3. I unzipped the icon files to that directory
    4. Luna restart

when I launch the calendar, I get a blank screen except for the gray banner at the top and the pull-down to the right that says "ALL"

I have restarted several times, and tried to uninstall/reinstall the patch, but I could not uninstall from wosqi device management. When I re-install, i end up with two ubercalendars listed. I cannot uninstall from Preware, either.

I also mistakenly created a directory alled scrims/ubercalendar (no period) and put the icons there, instead--when I did that, the calendar opens after about a minute of white screen, but the lower menu bar and the upper bar listing the days is not present.

Any suggestions on how to either uninstall ubercalendar (becaise right now I cannot use my calendar), or install it properly?

thanks
    Last edited by edelweiss; 10/20/2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: forgot a few things
    Putting the icons in ".scrim/unercalendar" is correct.

When I have this happen to me, I download the Recovery Utility and let it restore all missing or modified files. Then a full restart (not just Luna) and the phone behaves correctly. Might have to uninstal UC, luna reset, install UC, luna reset.

Sometimes I have to do that last step, sometimes not.
  19.    #1359  
    ".scrims/ubercalendar" but only with the latest test version some posts above. The version in the first post still looks at "scrims/ubercalendar", but I guess I will update soon. Or is there anything which speaks against it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    btw. i love the new +/- snooze selection in ubercalendar...
    I think its great too with one minor nit: was watching a video in landscape when a reminder popped up. The pop up didn't look quite configured for this orientation, and I couldn't select the +/- --I was forced to use my default snooze. Turning the phone back to portrait didn't reformat the orientation of the display.

Probably doesn't happen that often but thought I'd give the feedback.

Thanks...