Page 67 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Uninstalled the old UC, luna restart, installed the new -33 UC, luna restart. AGENDA icon is missing, Icons in Month view are missing. Check UC preferences which look okay. Trying a device restart now.
    You have to rename scrims/ubercalendar to .scrims/ubercalendar in the usb drive

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I find all the week number info distracting. It is not something that I use. Any thoughts on making the displaying of the week # info in the week and month header an option that can be turned off/on?

I recall Datebk6 (may it rest it peace) having this display option.

The date picker in the "Jump To" screen is terrific.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    When I'm in USB drive mode, the system won't let me rename the path to .scrims from scrims. An alert pops up that says the "." is reserved for the OS and I can't use it. What am I missing?

Edit: When trying to do this on my Mac, as above, it wouldn't let me. So I did it in Internalz, and it was easy to do and it worked.
    Last edited by ABQMD; 10/16/2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    thx, is fixed and replaces the previous patch file (no version number changed)
    I have found a (hopefully) last one that needs a localizable string:
    Code:
    + var template = new Template($L("#{dateStr}") + ", W#{weekStr}");
    Should be written
    Code:
    + var template = new Template($L("#{dateStr}") + ", " + $L("W#{weekStr}");
    It would be nice if you could modify it.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Thanks for the localization work. I originally modified it to separate words instead of phrases, in an attempt to get more of the default Palm localizations to appear. For those that don't want to modify the localization strings themselves. You are right the grammar is wrong when done that way, so I agree it's better to put it back.

Have you ever thought of making a patch yourself? It might be great if you could make localization patches. Then people could apply them if they wanted. It should not make a difference if they have UberCalendar installed or not, adding more translation strings should not hurt anything. Just a thought.
    Well, I love seeing my device displaying my native language, so I don't mind spending time on translating things.
    On the other side, I am a newbee in the WebOS world, and I do not know how this can be done.
    I am ready to share my localization work with the community, if you can give me some hints on how such a localization patch can be done.
    I admit that editing the strings.json file using Internalz is probably not obvious for everyone. If there is a more user-friendly way to add lines to it, please let me know.
    Last but not least, I have a very time-consuming job, so I can only work on it on weekends.
    But I discovered such an amazing WebOS community that I am ready and happy to contribute, modestly, to its work.
  6.    #1326  
    Hopefully, fixed the last translation string It's in the post 5 or 6 posts above, still haven't increased the version.

@Kratus:
    * make a copy of the original strings.json
    * create your altered version
    * use Jason Robitaille's (JayCanuck) UnifiedDiffCreator.jar and create the diff file. If you have several languages, you could concatenate them together.
    * go to webOS-Patches Web Portal and submit the .diff file as new patch: "UberCalendar Translation" patch or something like this
    * The patch even can live independently from UC, without UC you will just not see any different translated stuff, with UC you will see the additional string translated.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Well, I love seeing my device displaying my native language, so I don't mind spending time on translating things.
    On the other side, I am a newbee in the WebOS world, and I do not know how this can be done.
    I am ready to share my localization work with the community, if you can give me some hints on how such a localization patch can be done.
    I admit that editing the strings.json file using Internalz is probably not obvious for everyone. If there is a more user-friendly way to add lines to it, please let me know.
    Last but not least, I have a very time-consuming job, so I can only work on it on weekends.
    But I discovered such an amazing WebOS community that I am ready and happy to contribute, modestly, to its work.
    Edit: oops posted about the same time as MetaView -- Here's another way, it's not better or worse -- just another option.

It is not that hard or time consuming. There are different ways to do it. I use quilt on the emulator, but you could do it on your Pre with quilt and the terminal app. The work flow is pretty simple for quilt.

1. Create a new patch with "quilt new patchname"
    2. Tell quilt which files to watch, with "quilt add" + the unmodified file name using full path.
    3. Make your changes to the file.
    4. Have quilt create the patch file, with "quilt refresh"

That's it. Then it's just getting your patch off the Pre or emulator. You can use your favorite tools for this.

The directions for getting quilt on the Pre or emulator are here. That page looks complicated, but it's not. You really don't need to register for gitorious to create a patch -- I'm not registered. There's now a web page for submitting your patches into Preware. MetaView does all that, so I don't know the process.

Here's the quilt man page, but I only use about four commands.

Once you are setup, it will be so little time you will be amazed. Then you will start wondering "what else would I like to try". It also gives you a great appreciation for the webos internals guys, the other patch authors and Palm for making it that easy. I know because that's what happened to me.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  8.    #1328  
    Well, frantid, your way sounds so much easier then what I do to create a patch... Just one question when working on a new update for UC do you go back to the original calendar, tell quilt to watch the files and then patch the calendar with webosquickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Well, frantid, your way sounds so much easier then what I do to create a patch... Just one question when working on a new update for UC do you go back to the original calendar, tell quilt to watch the files and then patch the calendar with webosquickinstall?
    If quilt is already watching the file, I just add whatever changes to the file -- do a quilt refresh. With your last one, I did "quilt pop" - which puts it to original, copied your patch to the quilt directory -- then did "quilt push" It put all the files to the same state yours are since the patch name was the same.

edit: yes, I send the changed versions with webOS quick install. You don't have to go back to original. I just did it last time since there were changes to multiple files and it was easier to push your patch file than to modify the 5-6 files you changed.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/17/2010 at 07:16 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @Metaview and frantid:
    Thank you for these hints.
    I'll give it a try ASAP.

Since the availability of the Pre in my country in April, I discovered soooo much things... it's awesome!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can you guys consider using the UI ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2041492 ) from the "Calendar Snooze Duration Selection" patch for choosing snooze durations? I think listing all possible snooze duration in a menu is more convenient than pressing + and - and not know what duration will pop up.
    Is it possible to add a feature "change the displayed calendar name" in the future?
  13.    #1333  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiwaker View Post
    Is it possible to add a feature "change the displayed calendar name" in the future?
    What does it mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Can you guys consider using the UI ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2041492 ) from the "Calendar Snooze Duration Selection" patch for choosing snooze durations? I think listing all possible snooze duration in a menu is more convenient than pressing + and - and not know what duration will pop up.
    The problem with that pop up, list selector, is that it has an "uncaught error" in how it animates. The alert scene is not made to have a list selector in it. It is a bug in css that Palm has acknowledged -- global css is not available in dashboard or notification scenes, and is supposed to be fixed in the next OS update. I personally, don't like leaving the error in the code -- it may cause problems because of the way javascript works. You may not have hit any problems with it (do you always close the calendar app?), but it does exist. If you run past a desired snooze time you can always push the other button to go back one step. It goes through the list in increasing or decreasing time increments, depending on which button you hit. Sometimes the "30 minutes before", ... , "at start time" options do not appear if it has already passed those times and they would not be valid choices. That behavior is the same as the original patch.

I do understand it is easier for you to see the whole list. Perhaps when Palm fixes the problem it can be an option.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/17/2010 at 07:21 AM.

sorry about this but most of these posts are way over my head, I am trying to install ubercalender and think I have done it as I have W41 on the day title, but I don't have icons showing, I put the icons in USB drive as .scrims/ubercalender/ but I am not sure if this is the correct path as in internalz it shows as /media/internal/.scrim/ubercalender/ and have ICON=holiday in the note field of the event.
    I don't have all day events showing up as coloured squares in month view either.
    As a previous post suggested this is moving calender towards datebk6 and I really want to get it working fully, maybe an "installation for dummies" post
  16.    #1336  
    Install: ok
    Path: ok
    Settings: need adjustments
    Icons: need a ";" at the end: ICON=holiday;
    Does internalz show it as .scrim or .scrims? If it is not .scrims, hold on the folder name, select info, add the s in the row where the name is.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The problem with that pop up, list selector, is that it has an "uncaught error" in how it animates. The alert scene is not made to have a list selector in it. It is a bug in css that Palm has acknowledged -- global css is not available in dashboard or notification scenes, and is supposed to be fixed in the next OS update. I personally, don't like leaving the error in the code -- it may cause problems because of the way javascript works. You may not have hit any problems with it (do you always close the calendar app?), but it does exist. If you run past a desired snooze time you can always push the other button to go back one step. It goes through the list in increasing or decreasing time increments, depending on which button you hit. Sometimes the "30 minutes before", ... , "at start time" options do not appear if it has already passed those times and they would not be valid choices. That behavior is the same as the original patch.

I do understand it is easier for you to see the whole list. Perhaps when Palm fixes the problem it can be an option.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I didn't know about the uncaught error.

I do tend to close all my apps so that I have a clear view of the wallpaper. Maybe if I keep the calendar open, I would have seen the bug with the "Calendar Snooze Duration Selection" patch .
    I have it as /.scrims/ubercalendar/ note I have changed ubercalender to ubercalendar but I still don't get icons. I don't get the agenda icon but then I have google account search instead
    I have found the enhanced features option under menus and have enabled enhanced month so now I get the coloured squares on the month view