Page 66 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Very strange. My process is open patch that is installed in internalz. It knows it is installed. Hit uninstall then restart luna. I then copy the new patch over to a different directory than the older one. Open it in Internalz, install, restart luna. Never had a problem.

It's like you have a cached bad file or something. Or maybe it's having the patch in the email attachments that's causing the problems - probably not. When you have uninstalled, check to make sure week.jsjsjs $is$ $not$ $on$ $the$ $Pre$.
    And I meant to say Repair Utility from quick install - not file verification.

What is the location week.jsjsjs $would$ $be$ $in$?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Very strange. My process is open patch that is installed in internalz. It knows it is installed. Hit uninstall then restart luna. I then copy the new patch over to a different directory than the older one. Open it in Internalz, install, restart luna. Never had a problem.
    That's what worked for me also until recent (I think 3 including yesterday's).
    BTW this is the error I get when UNinstalling UberCalendar. The same on phone or quickinstall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    there's the directory for week.jsjsjs $in$ $the$ $error$. $I$ $think$ $what$ $may$ $have$ $happened$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $patch$ $was$ $some$ $how$ $installed$ $with$ $week$.$js$ $still$ $there$ $or$ $a$ $blank$ $file$ $with$ $the$ $week$.$js$ $name$. $Now$ $when$ $it$ $wants$ $to$ $uninstall$, $it$ $should$ $delete$ $the$ $file$ $but$ $it$'$s$ $recorded$ $some$ $where$ $as$ $it$ $should$ $be$ $there$.

I would uninstall, restart luna. Make sure week.jsjsjs $is$ $not$ $there$. $Or$ $a$ $file$ $that$ $is$ $named$ $week$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$. $If$ $they$ $are$ $there$ $delete$ $them$. $Restart$ $luna$, $run$ $emergency$ $file$ $verification$ $in$ $preware$. $Make$ $sure$ $nothing$ $related$ $to$ $the$ $calendar$ $is$ $wrong$. $Maybe$ $run$ $emergency$ $reconstruction$ $utility$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $preware$ $doesn$'$t$ $think$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $installed$. $Then$ $restart$ $luna$, $reinstall$, $restart$.

you must of had a bad install or uninstall and did a manual recovery previously.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    there's the directory for week.jsjsjs $in$ $the$ $error$. $I$ $think$ $what$ $may$ $have$ $happened$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $patch$ $was$ $some$ $how$ $installed$ $with$ $week$.$js$ $still$ $there$ $or$ $a$ $blank$ $file$ $with$ $the$ $week$.$js$ $name$. $Now$ $when$ $it$ $wants$ $to$ $uninstall$, $it$ $should$ $delete$ $the$ $file$ $but$ $it$'$s$ $recorded$ $some$ $where$ $as$ $it$ $should$ $be$ $there$.

I would uninstall, restart luna. Make sure week.jsjsjs $is$ $not$ $there$. $Or$ $a$ $file$ $that$ $is$ $named$ $week$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$. $If$ $they$ $are$ $there$ $delete$ $them$. $Restart$ $luna$, $run$ $emergency$ $file$ $verification$ $in$ $preware$. $Make$ $sure$ $nothing$ $related$ $to$ $the$ $calendar$ $is$ $wrong$. $Maybe$ $run$ $emergency$ $reconstruction$ $utility$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $preware$ $doesn$'$t$ $think$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $installed$. $Then$ $restart$ $luna$, $reinstall$, $restart$.

you must of had a bad install or uninstall and did a manual recovery previously.
    I tried installing the newest version today via Internalz, and it failed. Since then, I've been getting the same error. I looked, and confirmed that I do not have "week.jsjsjs&$quot$;. $I$'$ll$ $try$ $this$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $home$ $and$ $see$ $if$ $it$ $works$.

One question - you said "I would uninstall, restart luna" but the problem is that it won't uninstall. Could you clarify?
  7.    #1307  
    Uninstall the old patch before trying to install the new one.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    BTW this is the error I get when UNinstalling UberCalendar. The same on phone or quickinstall.
    Okay, I got it working.

On your computer, open the UberCalendar.patch file with a text editor and scroll all the way to the end. The last section is what creates the 'week.jsjsjs' $file$ $when$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $installed$ - $it$ $starts$ $with$ &$quot$;$Index$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$datejs$/$week$.$js$&$quot$;.

Copy everything starting at the line that reads
    Code:
    +Date.prototype.getWeek = function() {
    going all the way to the end of the file, and paste it into a new text file. You'll have to go through and delete the "+" at the beginning of every line. Save the file as 'week.jsjsjs' $and$ $then$ $copy$ $it$ $to$ $your$ $Pre$ $in$ $the$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$datejs$/&$quot$; $directory$.

I did a Luna restart at that point, but it may not be necessary. After that, I used WebOSQI to uninstall the UberCalendar patch, and it worked. Installing the newest version worked without a problem after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Uninstall the old patch before trying to install the new one.
    I think I got into this problem in the first place because I didn't think to do that. It may be worth adding that caution to a prominent place in the first post, and for any 'inline' update posts like this recent one, since it's not usually required when updating patches.
  9.    #1309  
    Well, one would think, an attempt to install the patch without uninstalling the old one shouldn't harm anything, but seems this is a wrong assumption. Will add a note when I update the first post the next time. thx
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Here's a new version, it includes the fixes for week numbers. Please test, there are too many variations for me to reliably test myself. If all is well it will be put in the feeds after a few days.

This version, includes the 6 month calendar displays like the date picker in the "go to" or "jump to" dialog and in the repeat until scene.

[...]

Cheers, as always please post any problems, constructive criticisms, etc...
    frantid
    Now that my install problem is fixed, it works great so far! Kudos to you and MetaView for the date-picker, especially.

If anyone at Palm is looking at this, THIS DATE-PICKER IS WHAT WebOS SHOULD HAVE BY DEFAULT!!!!! Please incorporate it into future WebOS releases - being able to see the day of the week when choosing dates is essential!

One question/request about the date-picker: Is it possible to have the months 'snap' so they're centered in the view? Right now they tend to keep scrolling if I don't let off the screen just right, and it doesn't show so many months that flicking repeatedly to get where you want would be inconvenient - it would only be once or twice. (Not a complaint, just a thought.)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    There is no button to display the calendar, in the repeat scene. You just have to tap on the group title "REPEAT UNTIL" to display it.
    Great job!
    Is there any reason for not having included a button?
    I think it would be more intuitive if one sees a button.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You need to modify the strings.json file in the folder
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de_de/
    --- for german. You would add lines in like so, add it before the last line:

Code:
    "Snooze" : "translation",
    replacing "translation" with what ever word you want. They are case sensitive and need an exact match. You can add these in for what you want translated, it should work for the UC prefs and snooze button. You can do it in Internalz, just make sure you have the "Newline format" preference set to Linux.

Unfortunately, putting it in UC is not possible because the patch will fail for those that do not have that specific language on the Pre.
    So I did some work on (first french) localization.
    I parsed the entire file you posted here a few days ago.
    I translated every caption I found in it, and it works like a charm.

But (there is always a "but"), I was not able to translate everything, or not accurately, because:
    - some captions are not "$L"-tagged for localization
    - some group of words are, but each word separately, so it is not possible to translate the group of words accurately when the target language has other word position rules as english (in french and german, for example, the group of words "day views enhanced" or "show all day color" have to be tranlated globaly because translating word by word results in a sentence that makes no sense in the target language because of incorect word order). In some cases, a translation already exists in the strings.json default-file, but not for each word of the sentence to translate, resulting in displaying a mix between english and local words in the same sentence on the device.

So I would like to make a request:
    Could you please consider making following (minor) changes to the patch code to help better localization?
    Code:
    //Change requests by Kratus to enable better localization
    //-------------------------------------------------------
    // 2010-10-16

//1. Requested to enable localization in languages in wich the word orders are different from english:
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Stop') +' '+ $L('Auto')+' '+$L('Close');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Stop auto Close');

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Day') +' '+ $L('Views')+' '+$L('Enhanced');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Day view enhanced');

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Day') +' '+ $L('Compress')+' '+$L('All')+' '+$L('Free');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Day: Compress all free');

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Month') +' '+ $L('Views')+' '+$L('Enhanced');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Month view enhanced');

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Show')+' '+$L('All')+' '+ $L('Day')+' '+$L('Color');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Show all-day color');

//newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Week') +' '+ $L('Views')+' '+$L('Enhanced');
    newDiv14.innerHTML = $L('Week view enhanced');

//2. Requested to enable localization of contracted week-symbol "W":
    //------------------------------------------------------------------

//var template = new Template($L("#{todayStr}, #{dateStr}") + ", W#{weekStr}");
    var template = new Template($L("#{todayStr}, #{dateStr}") + ", " + $L("W#{weekStr}"));

//3. Requested to enable localization of caption:
    -------------------------------------------------
    //newDiv03.innerHTML='UberCalendar Prefs';
    newDiv03.innerHTML=$L('UberCalendar Prefs');

//4. Requested for better consistancy in localization:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    //{label:'5 '+ $L('minute(s)'), value:'5'},
    {label:'5 '+ $L('minutes'), value:'5'},

//{label:$L('30 minutes'), value:'30'},
    {label:'30 '+ $L('minutes'), value:'30'},

//{label:'2 '+ $L('hour(s)'), value:'120'},
    {label:'2 '+ $L('hours'), value:'120'},

//{label:'1 '+$L('day(s)'), value:'1440'},
    {label:'1 '+$L('day'), value:'1440'},

//{label:'2 '+$L('day(s)'), value:'2880'},
    {label:'2 '+$L('days'), value:'2880'},

//{label:'1 '+$L('week(s)'), value:'10080'},
    {label:'1 '+$L('week'), value:'10080'},

//{label:'2 '+$L('week(s)'), value:'20160'}
    {label:'2 '+$L('weeks'), value:'20160'}

//This one has nothing to do with localization
    //Because the "+ / -" button shows up only as "+ /" (on my phone at least):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //"ssbtnwrapper.innerHTML = '+ / -';
    ssbtnwrapper.innerHTML = '+/-';
    I am not bad in computer-sciences but I am new to WebOS, but I think I understood the mecanism of localization, dispite the fact I do not know JavaScript. If I understood something wrong, please let me know.

I would be very happy if you could make these changes.

Kratus.
  13.    #1313  
    Just wanted to upload a new update with snapped for the new date pickers and finally the .scrims folder naming, and now comes you Ok, I will ad your stuff and upload the new version in 10 minutes, keep tuned.
  14.    #1314  
    Version -33 with

* snapped date picker (which actually takes some time until it works, weird...)
    * /.scrims/ubercalendar/ folder naming (you need to manually rename the folder where the icons are stored)
    * adjusted l8n as requested from Kratus in the previous post

HOW TO UPDATE: Uninstall your existing UC patch before installing the new directly from the patch file. Automatically patch updating only works with .ipkg files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 10/16/2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Just wanted to upload a new update with snapped for the new date pickers and finally the .scrims folder naming, and now comes you Ok, I will ad your stuff and upload the new version in 10 minutes, keep tuned.
    Wow!
    Thanks very much
    I'll try it ASAP.

If someone is interrested, I can then post the lines to add to the strings.json file for both french and german.

EDIT:
    I just parsed your new code and noticed the following:
    Code:
    +		{label:$L('10 hours'), value:'600'},
    +		{label:$L('10 hours'), value:'720'},
    Last line should be:
    Code:
    +		{label:$L('12 hours'), value:'720'},
    Last edited by Kratus; 10/16/2010 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Great job!
    Is there any reason for not having included a button?
    I think it would be more intuitive if one sees a button.
    No particular reason for there not being a button. I never liked the button placement in the original date picker. I could never get it to display in the place I wanted because the css formatting of the datepicker widget inside the calendar app is not well known. The current posted documentation works for datepicker widgets you add yourself to an app, but not for those inside the calendar app. So with this one, I tried a cleaner interface - no button. But like I said before I'm not a designer, so my choices may not be the best for everyone.

Thanks for the localization work. I originally modified it to separate words instead of phrases, in an attempt to get more of the default Palm localizations to appear. For those that don't want to modify the localization strings themselves. You are right the grammar is wrong when done that way, so I agree it's better to put it back.

Have you ever thought of making a patch yourself? It might be great if you could make localization patches. Then people could apply them if they wanted. It should not make a difference if they have UberCalendar installed or not, adding more translation strings should not hurt anything. Just a thought.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Thanks kratus I was able to modify patch before installing.
  18.    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just parsed your new code and noticed the following:
    thx, is fixed and replaces the previous patch file (no version number changed)
    Uninstalled the old UC, luna restart, installed the new -33 UC, luna restart. AGENDA icon is missing, Icons in Month view are missing. Check UC preferences which look okay. Trying a device restart now.

EDIT: renamed /scrims to /.scrims and all is good now.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Uninstalled the old UC, luna restart, installed the new -33 UC, luna restart. AGENDA icon is missing, Icons in Month view are missing. Check UC preferences which look okay. Trying a device restart now.
    You need to add the "." to the scrims folder
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch