Page 65 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    This happened to me after the dreaded "logged out of profile" issue (see other threads for this)--preware didn't show that patches were installed, but they were functioning. My fix was to do EPR, then go into the saved package list in preware and install all of them. The ones that are already installed will give you a message "interesting, the patch already seems to be installed..." or something to that effect, then moves onto the next.

I also recommend to use save/restore, in case the saved package list also gets blown away--you can get it back, as well as data/settings for other patches/applications.

Thanks...
    That's a good suggestion and process will have to try that. Thanks for the idea and tip
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I think you have to run EPR from preware not quick install - at least that's how it's worked for me.
    So I just ran EPR from Preware. End result: Most of my patches no longer work but UC STILL will not install. Getting the same IPKG errors. Getting frustrated over here.....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    So I just ran EPR from Preware. End result: Most of my patches no longer work but UC STILL will not install. Getting the same IPKG errors. Getting frustrated over here.....
    Hopefully you ran the Save Package List first in Preware . After you run EPR, install UberCalendar and then your other patches only after you confirm UC is working. You shouldn't install any other patches until you get UberCalendar installed properly. This is what I had to do and it took two tries with EPR but I'm now back to where I was before the update issue. And the Save Package list install all worked like a charm!
    Last edited by toburg; 10/12/2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Yeah, after a EPR, it's always a good idea to install all the megapatches (like ‹berCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, email mega-mix ,,,) before restoring saved package list or individual patches. That way any conflicting patches won't install & you avoid a lot of headaches. It's also a good idea to skip preware for ‹berCalendar - just email it to yourself from the first post & install with Internalz. The first post always has the most recent version - preware sometimes lags several days.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this feature request (or don't remember seeing it) and I know we are getting close to webOS 2.0, but can a duration "picker" be added to the end time (say opposite of the date picker).

I sometimes get problems when adding appointments over the noon hour when trying to modify the start time and the end time. Sometimes the end time goes over to the next day and it is difficult at best to fix it.

It would be nice to adjust the start time and then hit the duration picker, select say 90 mins or 2 hours or 4 hours (whatever is in the list). Even if the list is small, I would select a duration getting me over the noon or midnight and then adjust the time normally.

Thanks again for a great patch!!!
  6.    #1286  
    Duration picker sounds interesting, need to check it.

I tried hourly repeats yesterday with help of iCalImporter. The event created fine but the calendar stopped rendering the days with such events inside. Means it's not an easy thing to do. I haven't checked but I fear the problem is inside the calendar service which isn't able to create multiple instances of on event for a day.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Is the Datepicker (on the go to screen) already included in the last Version from October 1? If it is, I don't have it?
  8.    #1288  
    No, it isn't. Frantid works on it just now.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well - shucks! I ran EPR three times, last two times nothing fixed or noted. I ran the emergency reconstruction utility, and all seems fine from that standpoint. But Uber-Calendar still fails to install. "2 hunks" failing. Any other suggestions? I really would like the functionality of UC as someone else pointed out it is moving toward Datebk6 gloriousness.
    Can you post the error please?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you post the error please?
    Sure --

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 56100 100 56100 0 0 311k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 402k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    If you've run EPR, I would replace the 4 files with the version from the doctor image. I have to run out at the moment, perhaps someone else can walk you through this. If not I'll be back in a few hours.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13.    #1293  
    Maybe this helps:
    * open the doctor image with 7-zip
    * go to resources/webOS.tar double click on this
    * double click on .
    * double click on nova-cust-image...
    * double click on the nova-cust...tar
    * double click on .
    * open /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/
    * copy app-assistant.jsjsjs, $edit$-$assistant$.$js$, $month$-$assistant$.$js$, $prefs$-$assistant$.$js$ $to$ $your$ $desktop$

* use WebOSQuickInstall to send the files:
    app-assistant.jsjsjs
    edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    month-assistant.jsjsjs
    prefs-assistant.jsjsjs

to

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Maybe this helps:
    * open the doctor image with 7-zip
    * go to resources/webOS.tar double click on this
    * double click on .
    * double click on nova-cust-image...
    * double click on the nova-cust...tar
    * double click on .
    * open /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/
    * copy app-assistant.jsjsjs, $edit$-$assistant$.$js$, $month$-$assistant$.$js$, $prefs$-$assistant$.$js$ $to$ $your$ $desktop$

* use WebOSQuickInstall to send the files:
    app-assistant.jsjsjs
    edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    month-assistant.jsjsjs
    prefs-assistant.jsjsjs

to

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/
    I have used this procedure to restore my calendar when something went wrong. It is a reliable way to restore your calendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help, all three of you. I will give it a shot.
    Edit: patch removed see MetaView's patch .33

Here's a new version, it includes the fixes for week numbers. Please test, there are too many variations for me to reliably test myself. If all is well it will be put in the feeds after a few days.

This version, includes the 6 month calendar displays like the date picker in the "go to" or "jump to" dialog and in the repeat until scene.

There is no button to display the calendar, in the repeat scene. You just have to tap on the group title "REPEAT UNTIL" to display it. It will display the repeating days highlighted with yellow underlining. You can select the until date, if the forever box is NOT checked. Just tap on the day you want to be the new until date. It must be later than the start date and end date if the original event that gets repeated spans multiple days -- i.e. a 3 day meeting every month. You can remove days from the schedule by holding on a highlighted day. You can also add a removed day back in (IF the day fits in the recurrence rule -- you can't add a Monday if you set up the repeat rule to not include Mondays) This means you can easily set up an irregular repeating event, you do not have to go to each unwanted day and delete the event -- you can do it all from the calendar picker. Just set the rule to include all possible days, then remove the days you don't want by holding on them. If you are excluding more days than you are including, you should probably adjust your recurrence rule -- it won't error just not efficient, you will be adding extra processing.

In the "Jump to" dialog, the calendar always displays. The current selected day is indicated by the vertical red and green lines. Today's date is indicated by the Palm today circle. Tap a date to go to that date. Hold a date to select the date but not go to the date -- i.e. you want to display further in the future or past. You can also use the normal date picker to change the displayed date.

Cheers, as always please post any problems, constructive criticisms, etc...
    frantid
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 10/16/2010 at 06:12 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    works like a champ! Finding the yellow lines were hard. The easiest way for me to display it was to click on the area under the forever section.
    Thanks for testing.

I did test it for errors and basic functions. It should work. I just did not run through all the different repeat schedules - daily, weekly, weekday, monthly by day, monthly by date, yearly, and go through the different interval choices -- 1 - 99, and go through the different calendar sync sources. That would take me longer than it did to write it. So hopefully enough people with different work schedules and calendar sources will test it to see if it has unknown bugs.

I find the easiest way to display the calendar is to tap on any of the darker colored bar that has the "REPEAT UNTIL" title in it - just above the "Forever" row.

Looks great. Holo
    I tried to install this last night & ran into the usual problems. I emailed the attachment to myself & tried to install with internalz. It came up Install patch, selected that and the install failed. Did Luna restart and repeated process with fail again. Tried to remove in preware but failed.

Because of history of this, I always keep a copy of the last version I install. Opened it in Internalz and uninstall but it failed.

Check my calendar & it's a white screen. Ran file recovery from quick install then restarted & calendar back. Then uninstalled old version with Internalz then installed new version successfully with Internalz.

I don't know what it is about ‹berCalendar, but for the last few releases I've had this issue. No other patch does this - only ‹berCalendar - not even sconix's Advanced patches.

I've got a US Verizon Palm Pre Plus w/ 1.4.5 & ‹berkernal @ 500 / 1000 and several patches. I can provide a list if needed.

Any ideas? BTW the old version was -31 and the new was -32.

Thanks